10-07-2015 (SLU)
Med's Request
07-08-2015
Med's Done....
12-08-2015
Passport Req..
DM 04-01-2016 PPR 05-01-2016
Roozic said:
Yay! Congratulations. 2016 turned out great for ya :)
Thanks roozic ..ya hopefully 2016 is good for all of us !!

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fsqsunshine said:
Seems only a few people got DM today. My ECAS is still in process :(
Last year's they sent RFV letters in batches (one batch per month). But, it's 100% certain that all apps will be finalized by March 31

What do you mean RFV location has three shifts?
When your application is completed (DM), it goes to the visa stamping location, where the staff works in three shifts. From there they send the platinum RFV letter requesting your passport.

Thank you for the help like always :)
You are welcome!

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AliMo said:
nothing so far.
I'm hopeful that I'd get an update before end of Jan :D
First time to know about the 3 shifts. Most of my friends have received their RFV email around 11 PM Ottawa time
Fingers crossed for your inevitable success with CPC-O :)

Roozic

Star Member
Nov 15, 2015
Diplomatru said:
Fingers crossed for your inevitable success with CPC-O :)
No one in phd stream got an Ecas update or so even sept, oct 2014 applicants . Looks like you were right- they are processed the last

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Roozic said:
No one in phd stream got an Ecas update or so even sept, oct 2014 applicants . Looks like you were right- they are processed the last
I didn't say that. The BG check takes longer, yes, but once it's RFV, the timeline is the same as sw1 and sw2

uwaterloo

Nov 7, 2014
Diplomatru said:
I didn't say that. The BG check takes longer, yes, but once it's RFV, the timeline is the same as sw1 and sw2
I applied under PhD stream, and my security screening lasted for almost six months. Last week I had one more line on my ECAS, so I guess the security check might have been done. :eek:

Roozic

Star Member
Nov 15, 2015
uwaterloo said:
I applied under PhD stream, and my security screening lasted for almost six months. Last week I had one more line on my ECAS, so I guess the security check might have been done. :eek:
That's what my friend thinks too. She's a September applicant with Medicals done 1st July. She got her third line last week as well about correspondence sent. When did you apply? Can share timeline?

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
uwaterloo said:
Let's hope so!

perfection_88

Star Member
Dec 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mid Oct. 2014
Med's Request
Late March'15
Med's Done....
Mid April'15
Passport Req..
07-01-2016
uwaterloo said:
I'm an October PhD stream applicant. Since August 15, my file is in RFV and it's interesting to see December applicants getting ppr/DM while there is no activity in PhD stream.

Roozic

Star Member
Nov 15, 2015
Diplomatru said:
I just assumed that I guess. Sorry!

Do you know if appears RFV and RFV are different? I have appears RFV and friend has RFV both with 31 March 2016 mark. What's the difference?

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Roozic said:
I just assumed that I guess. Sorry!

Do you know if appears RFV and RFV are different? I have appears RFV and friend has RFV both with 31 March 2016 mark. What's the difference?
RFV is the visa printing location. Appears RFV entails that it is ready for final review.

Roozic

Star Member
Nov 15, 2015
Diplomatru said:
RFV is the visa printing location. Appears RFV entails that it is ready for final review.
So DM happens after this review right? Appears RFV will take longer for PPR than RFV?

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Roozic said:
So DM happens after this review right? Appears RFV will take longer for PPR than RFV?
Yes and no. I got DM after RFV letter (ECAS is updated with 3 days delay). Some get DM before RFV letter because printing location is clogged and they need time to clear the remaining passports out of the way before they are able to issue new passport requests.

Roozic

Star Member
Nov 15, 2015
Diplomatru said:
Yes and no. I got DM after RFV letter (ECAS is updated with 3 days delay). Some get DM before RFV letter because printing location is clogged and they need time to clear the remaining passports out of the way before they are able to issue new passport requests.
[/quote

Just so that I got it clear- once they will have final review they will send it to a RFV location and make a decision?

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Roozic said:
Diplomatru said:
[/quote

Just so that I got it clear- once they will have final review they will send it to a RFV location and make a decision?
Final review stands for Decision made on ECAS.