+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2014 - CPC OTTAWA - Visa Office - Let's Connect Here

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
farahnz said:
So call center told me to send back the CoPR again and asked them to update it. She said there is no mention of marital change in my file which was very strange for her.
She even asked her supervisor to make sure she is giving me the best advice. The supervisor said that I cannot land with with an outdated CoPR all the information in CoPR must be up-to-dated and I must send it back if it is not.

I don't really know what to do.
That's true. The CBSA officer will interview you regarding each question in your COPR and they actually request to write down your initials to confirm that the information in the Dependants section is up to date. Your's is not, so you have to obtain a revised COPR from CPC-O.

farahnz

Star Member
Dec 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
late March-2015
Diplomatru said:
That's true. The CBSA officer will interview you regarding each question in your COPR and they actually request to write down your initials to confirm that the information in the Dependants section is up to date. Your's is not, so you have to obtain a revised COPR from CPC-O.
Thanks Diplomatru for the reply, So Can I just ask the boarder officer to update this? Do they have authority to update it? Sending it back again means delaying even further :(

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Below is an extract from the RFV letter:

STEP 1: STATUS CHANGE (If none of these conditions applies to you, you may proceed to STEP 2)
Has your family composition changed since our last correspondence?
· Have you married or divorced?
· Have you given birth or adopted a child?
· Do you intend to get married or divorced prior to becoming a permanent resident?
· Do you intend to give birth or adopt a child prior to becoming a permanent resident?
· Have you changed your contact information: e-mail address/mailing address/telephone number?

If any of these conditions apply, you must inform CPC-O immediately:
CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca

You will be asked to submit evidence such as a copy of the marriage, divorce, birth or adoption certificate or a letter advising when and where the marriage, divorce, birth or adoption is expected to take place. Any new spouse and/or children must be added to your application and be found admissible to Canada before your case is finalized. Failure to declare additional dependants such as a spouse or children before you become a permanent resident could result in the cancellation of your permanent resident visa. Once your file is closed, you would be required to submit a new application and pay new processing fees. Any new application would be assessed under the Act and Regulations in force at the time of its submission.
I would STRONGLY advise all applicants who need to provide case specific information NOT to use the email and send it by mail instead (ideally, with a tracking option).

CPC-O emphasizes that:

Due to the high volume of mail received, it is not possible to provide routine status updates. However, you will be contacted if more information is required to continue the processing of your application.

You can e-mail CIC at (CPC-CTD-Ottawa (AT) cic. gc .ca) if any of your personal information changes such as a:

change in your marital status,
birth or death in your family, or
change in your mailing, residential or e-mail address if you reside outside of Canada.
BUT sometimes they miss important messages when sent by email. When you use mail, it's GUARANTEED to land on the Program Assistant's desk.

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
farahnz said:
Thanks Diplomatru for the reply, So Can I just ask the boarder officer to update this? Do they have authority to update it? Sending it back again means delaying even further :(
NO. They will reject you at landing stage. You have to get a new COPR from CPC-O.

Doctor egypt

Jun 9, 2015
Sorry for repeating my question wishing for exprets opinion coz i am much worried,
My online status was updated today by

"We sent you correspondence on July 28, 2015. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required."

july 28th was my baby medical which i have done on augast 1st.i am much worried.what does this mean and how come this status was updated only today after four months of the request?,does this mean they haven't received my baby medical for a reason or more.what should i do?

Thanks alot.

lavalsong

Star Member
Nov 20, 2014
Quebec city
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-Nov-2014
Doc's Request.
26-Mar-2015(Intend to live Outside of Quebec)
Nomination.....
(PER-CIO)11-Feb-2015
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
27-Feb-2015
Med's Request
25-May-2015
Med's Done....
6-April-2015(3rd line appeared on 15th Oct 2015)
Passport Req..
5-Jan-2016
LANDED..........
31-Jan-2016
Hello Doctor egypt,

My ecas system had similar update as yours in September. And one month later, "medical result received" was available. I think you do not need to worry about that. Maybe that's a good signal.

Here is mine,
1,We received your application for permanent residence on November 20, 2014.
2,We started processing your application on May 22, 2015.
3,We transferred your application to the Case Processing Centre Ottawa office on February 11, 2015. The Case Processing Centre Ottawa office may contact you.
4,We sent you correspondence on March 26, 2015. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
5,We sent you correspondence on May 25, 2015. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
6,We sent you medical instructions on May 25, 2015. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Doctor egypt said:
Sorry for repeating my question wishing for exprets opinion coz i am much worried,
My online status was updated today by

"We sent you correspondence on July 28, 2015. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required."

july 28th was my baby medical which i have done on augast 1st.i am much worried.what does this mean and how come this status was updated only today after four months of the request?,does this mean they haven't received my baby medical for a reason or more.what should i do?

Thanks alot.

Kerdek

Dec 25, 2014
Doha, Qatar
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-12-2014
Doc's Request.
Payment DD, Charged 10 Feb
Nomination.....
PER 31-03-2015
AOR Received.
No AOR, file sent 15 April
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
SLU 23 June
Med's Request
26 June 2015
Med's Done....
Medical recvd TLU 23 July 2015
Interview........
DM 5 January 2016
Passport Req..
PPR 5 January 2016
VISA ISSUED...
15 January 2016
LANDED..........
05-04-2016
Diplomatru said:
Once again, he might be a Nepalese applicant (who is eligible for fast-track) or has some provable H&C case, which requires his expedited entry to Canada (i.e. expiry of US visa and eventual return to his homecountry, say, Iraq, which might not be safe). Clearly, these few cases are not based on FIFO principle and are pulled from the backlog for a reason. Other files are sitting ducks with some applicants having completed meds in April, and there's an explanation for that. I am not saying that this information is 100% accurate but I fail to find any viable explanation otherwise.
Sorry but what I understood from you is that if my country is in a middle of a war and my Work contract/ visa is almost expired than there is a good chance that my file will get pulled out and be eligible for a fast track??

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kerdek said:
Sorry but what I understood from you is that if my country is in a middle of a war and my Work contract/ visa is almost expired than there is a good chance that my file will get pulled out and be eligible for a fast track??
If it's Qatar, there is no war waged on its soil as of this moment, so you won't be able to back your H&C request. If it were Sirya, they would have likely expedited the case already.

mohit7269

Star Member
Dec 4, 2008
Hi Diplomatru,

How much of landing time we can probably expect after we are issued the landing visas, given that CIC has not issued a passport request to us yet. I have heard that we generally get 10 months from the date of medicals. My medicals were done in August 2015. Does it mean that I would still have to do the landing by May-June time frame?

Thanks,
Mohit

mostafasaad

Jul 2, 2014
Egypt
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2015
Doc's Request.
16-10-2015
Nomination.....
28-06-2015
AOR Received.
30-07-2015
Med's Done....
21-07-2015
Passport Req..
07-12-2015
Hello everybody

I am an Express Entry applicant, with a nomination from Nova Scotia. My file is transferred to CPC Ottawa for processing. My application is taking much time compared to Express Entry applicants with similar timeline but different visa offices. My questions is: Did anyone received a passport request from CPC Ottawa recently? If yes, please share your timeline especially if EE applicant. Is it true that Ottawa office is now having longer processing time than ever before?

Thanks, waiting your kind replies.

Alialiali

Nov 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mostafasaad said:
Hello everybody

I am an Express Entry applicant, with a nomination from Nova Scotia. My file is transferred to CPC Ottawa for processing. My application is taking much time compared to Express Entry applicants with similar timeline but different visa offices. My questions is: Did anyone received a passport request from CPC Ottawa recently? If yes, please share your timeline especially if EE applicant. Is it true that Ottawa office is now having longer processing time than ever before?

Thanks, waiting your kind replies.
u r still within the normal processing time (6 months). different visa offices operate differently (time wise, depending on the officers and work load).
everyone in this thread has applied before 2015 (EE) and we have been waiting for more than 11 months (some of u more than 13 months) to get decision made (that's even before passport request).

mostafasaad

Jul 2, 2014
Egypt
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2015
Doc's Request.
16-10-2015
Nomination.....
28-06-2015
AOR Received.
30-07-2015
Med's Done....
21-07-2015
Passport Req..
07-12-2015
Alialiali said:
u r still within the normal processing time (6 months). different visa offices operate differently (time wise, depending on the officers and work load).
everyone in this thread has applied before 2015 (EE) and we have been waiting for more than 11 months (some of u more than 13 months) to get decision made (that's even before passport request).
Thank you Ali for your reply

I know I am still within normal processing time but as I said, compared to other VO's, Ottawa is going very slow. So, I just wanted to know if anyone received PPR recently. I heard that they will be working on Syrian refugee cases so I wanted to know if they will stop working on immigration files or what?

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mostafasaad said:
I heard that they will be working on Syrian refugee cases so I wanted to know if they will stop working on immigration files or what?
BS. They work only with Economic classes applications.

fsqsunshine

Feb 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC_Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-12-2014
Nomination.....
PER:14-03-2015
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
30-06-2015
Med's Done....
27-07-2015 (Medical Received line: 14-10-2015)
mostafasaad said:
Thank you Ali for your reply

I know I am still within normal processing time but as I said, compared to other VO's, Ottawa is going very slow. So, I just wanted to know if anyone received PPR recently. I heard that they will be working on Syrian refugee cases so I wanted to know if they will stop working on immigration files or what?
No PPR for FSW applicants since July. No one knows what happened with CPCO.

But the EE applicants received PPR regularly, so you don't worry too much.