Med's Request
04-10-2017

AbdelAllah

Aug 24, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

Below is my timeline, I'm PNP, my federal file got transferred to Ottawa.
- MR on 25 June, did it on 2nd of July.
- RPRF and PCC on 2 July, paid RPRF on 5 July and PCC reached CIC on 10 July

My status is still "application received"

When to expect the next step?

A

NNN

Jul 4, 2015
Hi,
AlhamdilAllah I got passport request from Cairo office. CPC Ottawa office transferred the file in just two working days. Now waiting for my via to be stamped.

My timeline for reference:
Application received: 22 Oct 2014
Fee charged: 22 January 2015
MR and RPRF: 1 April
Medicals done: 15 April
Decision made: 30 May 2015
PR from Ottawa office: 3 July 2015
Letter written asking to change the office or the possibility of providing my friends' address in Canada for returning the passports.
PR from Cairo office: 7 July 2015
Passports sent: 9 July 2019

Good luck to everyone!

NNN

Jul 4, 2015
Btw
I called the CIC helpline. It took about 20-30 minutes to reach an officer. I asked if I can provide my friends' address in canada for returning my passports, and if it is ok if that address is different from my mailing address, he said he does not know, that I should write a letter to them. :mad:

So the question is still unanswered. :(

vinaj

Nov 3, 2014
Calgary
NNN said:
Btw
I called the CIC helpline. It took about 20-30 minutes to reach an officer. I asked if I can provide my friends' address in canada for returning my passports, and if it is ok if that address is different from my mailing address, he said he does not know, that I should write a letter to them. :mad:

Honestly I don't think it would be a problem. If you want your passport to be returned to your friends place why would they care. They are anyways not responsible for it after they send it using your label/envelope. So I would say you can provide your friends address and name on the return label.

Anyways now it doesn't matter. Congrats and all the best.. :)

ssamjos

Star Member
May 20, 2011
Hi All,

I completed my landing on detroit windsor tunnel on June 20, 2015. i returned back to us the same day, the officer did not ask for our canada mailing address. now i have 2 questions -

1. how do i apply for pr card? do i have to send a new pr card application? - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5444E.pdf

2. do i just need to update my address online? - https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/?app=coanotify&lang=en

kindly advise

nartcr

Dec 13, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 16 2016
Doc's Request.
Submitted with application
AOR Received.
AOR1: June 6 2016 SA: July 20 2016 AOR2: Sep 1 2016 PGR Request: Sep 27 2016
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
ECAS shows in process status
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
May 3 2016
Passport Req..
Jan 6 2017 Sent Jan 10 2017 Rvcd Jan 20 2017
LANDED..........
March 5 2017 - Vancouver
NNN said:
Btw

Whenever passports are sent back, i was asked to fill an address form for COPR to be sent back. Honestly, i believe, this shouldn't be a problem, better to follow what CIC asks you to do.

nartcr

Dec 13, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 16 2016
Doc's Request.
Submitted with application
AOR Received.
AOR1: June 6 2016 SA: July 20 2016 AOR2: Sep 1 2016 PGR Request: Sep 27 2016
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
ECAS shows in process status
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
May 3 2016
Passport Req..
Jan 6 2017 Sent Jan 10 2017 Rvcd Jan 20 2017
LANDED..........
March 5 2017 - Vancouver
Thumsup said:
Hello Friends,

I have a question and will appreciate if someone can respond. I have submitted mine on May 18th to New York office and they are suppose to come back through the normal mail only. How many days can this take any idea?

Also, is there anyone who traveled from US to Canada through flight? Is there is consideration given on luggage since we will go first time as PR to Canada? Or each bag was charged as per their travel policy? Please do respond if possible.
How long did it take to receive your passport back from newyork ( Canada consulate )? Reading through experience of some of members, NYC is pretty fast in stamping and returning the passport ( 2 weeks )

CanadaImmQ2013

Apr 20, 2013
Hello friends,

I would like to share my experience for landing from U.S since many people over this forum has helped me, its time to give back :)

So I crossed Lewiston-Queenstown bridge last week with a U-Haul truck and car towed behind it. First thing, Before the bridge starts there is no clear sign for CBP office so I thought the CBP office will be may be on the other side. Crossed the bridge and there is the Canada border services. I needed to export my car from U.S so I request CBP that I didn't notice the US CBP office and need to go back to stamp my title. Canada CBP were friendly, one guy accompanied my towards US and gave me a slip with reason to return. US CBP kept my passport and asked if I am on H1B and I told I am here for Canada PR landing and forgot to get my title stamped at the export office, he asked to collect my passport there. Got my title stamped and got the passport. Returned back to Canada. Keep an eye on the left side before you go on the bridge for the US CBP office if you are exporting the car.

Second with the Uhaul truck you don't need to be in the truck lane, you can go in auto lane. Truck lane is mostly busy and is for commercial vehicles. At Canada CBP, he gave me a yellow slip and asked to park the truck and car on the right side of the building.

I Went to Second inspection center afterwards, The officer asked for the documents and asked me to fill up Form 1 and asked to wait for few. Got my passport and COPR and left.

Now I am here in Canada and went to health insurance registration, and lady over there noticed the CIC did not stamped my COPR and did not enter a date in the column where it says became PR on .... So its very important to note they enter a date for you on the COPR where it says became PR on and also put a stamp for that date. My wife has proper stamps. I need to call CIC now to check what I need to do for this and if they ask me to resend the document COPR again. Just thought I would mention it here for anyone doing the landing.

For anyone coming from US I would say get your driving history records from your DMV, you can also request that online but license office over here for whatever reason do not accept it (plain stupid). I have to request that now since I found it over here. The drawbacks of not doing it is, you will get a low grade license and insurance companies would give you way high quote. Can you imagine, I was paying $70 in U.S and I am getting quote for $350 here in CA. Also the sales taxes here are 13%, which is more than in U.S. But I think all the facilities government provides here compensates everything we pay higher here, medical insurance, Employment insurance etc. Overall we are getting used to it slowly :) and there is a satisfaction we are not aliens anymore :) . Also in U.S we never bought a house but here everyone seems to own a house, may be because there is no visa insecurity once you have a PR. We are in planning phase as well, hopefully sooner. I hope this post is helpful for people doing their landing sooner.

Kinji84

Star Member
Dec 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2014-11-03
Nomination.....
2015-02-03
IELTS Request
Submitted with File
Med's Request
2015-04-01
Med's Done....
2015-04-21
Interview........
Passport Req..
2015-06-21
VISA ISSUED...
2015-07-03
LANDED..........
2015-09-30
CanadaImmQ2013 said:
Hello friends,

I would like to share my experience for landing from U.S since many people over this forum has helped me, its time to give back :)

So I crossed Lewiston-Queenstown bridge last week with a U-Haul truck and car towed behind it. First thing, Before the bridge starts there is no clear sign for CBP office so I thought the CBP office will be may be on the other side. Crossed the bridge and there is the Canada border services. I needed to export my car from U.S so I request CBP that I didn't notice the US CBP office and need to go back to stamp my title. Canada CBP were friendly, one guy accompanied my towards US and gave me a slip with reason to return. US CBP kept my passport and asked if I am on H1B and I told I am here for Canada PR landing and forgot to get my title stamped at the export office, he asked to collect my passport there. Got my title stamped and got the passport. Returned back to Canada. Keep an eye on the left side before you go on the bridge for the US CBP office if you are exporting the car.

Second with the Uhaul truck you don't need to be in the truck lane, you can go in auto lane. Truck lane is mostly busy and is for commercial vehicles. At Canada CBP, he gave me a yellow slip and asked to park the truck and car on the right side of the building.

I Went to Second inspection center afterwards, The officer asked for the documents and asked me to fill up Form 1 and asked to wait for few. Got my passport and COPR and left.

Now I am here in Canada and went to health insurance registration, and lady over there noticed the CIC did not stamped my COPR and did not enter a date in the column where it says became PR on .... So its very important to note they enter a date for you on the COPR where it says became PR on and also put a stamp for that date. My wife has proper stamps. I need to call CIC now to check what I need to do for this and if they ask me to resend the document COPR again. Just thought I would mention it here for anyone doing the landing.

For anyone coming from US I would say get your driving history records from your DMV, you can also request that online but license office over here for whatever reason do not accept it (plain stupid). I have to request that now since I found it over here. The drawbacks of not doing it is, you will get a low grade license and insurance companies would give you way high quote. Can you imagine, I was paying $70 in U.S and I am getting quote for $350 here in CA. Also the sales taxes here are 13%, which is more than in U.S. But I think all the facilities government provides here compensates everything we pay higher here, medical insurance, Employment insurance etc. Overall we are getting used to it slowly :) and there is a satisfaction we are not aliens anymore :) . Also in U.S we never bought a house but here everyone seems to own a house, may be because there is no visa insecurity once you have a PR. We are in planning phase as well, hopefully sooner. I hope this post is helpful for people doing their landing sooner.
Thank for the information.

I am planning to land in october so if you can share what is the process to get car from usa to canada. is it complicated and expensive?

thanks in advance

vinaj

Nov 3, 2014
Calgary
Kinji84 said:
Thank for the information.

I am planning to land in october so if you can share what is the process to get car from usa to canada. is it complicated and expensive?

thanks in advance
This should answer all your questions regarding landing:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/landing-in-canada-all-you-need-to-know-t36735.0.html

PyrocasterX90

Star Member
Nov 16, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 24th 2014
Doc's Request.
N/a
Nomination.....
Jan 26th 2014
AOR Received.
N/a
IELTS Request
With application
File Transfer...
N/a
Med's Request
May 6th
Med's Done....
May 26th, ECAS TLU - July 8th
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
blast4past said:
Duration between TLU to PPR is debatable at best at the moment I would say. It can take from a few days to over a month. Sometimes you get DM before PPR & other times you get PPR before DM.

Sending Indian passport to Canada & getting it back in USA - this has been safely done my many other forum applicants. You can email CPC-O to change your visa office to someplace in USA, but that may lead to some additional delay - so keep that in mind.
Some PPR/RFV emails mention that private courier service may be used while other RFV/PPR emails say to only use CanadaPost unless you want your passport to be returned without any tracking. So the safest option would be to use the tried & tested CanadaPost.

Thank you so much for your reply!

PyrocasterX90

Star Member
Nov 16, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 24th 2014
Doc's Request.
N/a
Nomination.....
Jan 26th 2014
AOR Received.
N/a
IELTS Request
With application
File Transfer...
N/a
Med's Request
May 6th
Med's Done....
May 26th, ECAS TLU - July 8th
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
nartcr said:
First question: It could be anywhere from few weeks to few months - On average 1-2 months is what i have seen. you can also check the tracker posted in this forum to see the average time lines.

Normally it would be the time to complete your medicals,criminal and background checks.

On your second question:
2 things here - sending Indian passport outside the country of residence is illegal unless someone authorized carries the same which additionally requires documentation by Indian law. Not to scare any one, but it is clearly written in high commission website. I changed CPC-O to Newyork this week when they requested for passport, and the response time after sending the email request to change consulate was 1 day. On average less than a week. Good luck.
Thanks for your reply and advise, I think I will be safe and ask for a change it does not seem to take much time for them to respond to such a request :) - also, I checked on other internet sources and it seems that the Indian government can even revoke passport! in case you send it internationally by post! I don't want to take that risk - again not to alarm anyone, the chance of it happening is very small I think. But if the delay is only a few days it is worth it I feel.

harrysaini

Jan 16, 2015
Houston TX
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2014
Nomination.....
06-03-2015 (PER)
File Transfer...
10-07-2015 (SLU)
Med's Request
07-08-2015
Med's Done....
12-08-2015
Passport Req..
DM 04-01-2016 PPR 05-01-2016
All eyes on tomorrow for me ..if the MR does not come tomorrow I think it's never going to come ..lol !!

Dream catcher

Star Member
Apr 7, 2014
Hi everyone,

The waiting game is killing me, but following this forum makes life better :)

I'm Sept 5th applicant and I'm still waiting for the passport request .. It is so frustrating...