Feb 26-th, 2015
Med's Request
March 2-nd, 2015
Med's Done....
Recvd March 24-th, DM May 12-th, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
COPR May 27-th
ray2210 said:
Great :) For me Toronto I think would be too expensive I would need to look into the suburbs

SKguy

Feb 10, 2015
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Still with the caps... sounds so serious man.. take it easy...Peace and love... being serious is not good for your health... smiley face not helping

EGYPT-BOY said:
DIPLO .. U R VERY PICKY INDEED .... BUT WHAT REALLY MATTERS IS THAT U GOT IT WITH WRONG SPELLING ..... I M FOLLOWING UR WORDS AND WAITING THE END OF THIS FINAL REVIEW....THANKS FOR UR CONCERN DEAR :)

EGYPT-BOY

Star Member
Apr 15, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-10-2014
Nomination.....
28-01-2015
Med's Request
19-02-2015
Med's Done....
2-03-2015 RECEIVED 07-03-2015
Interview........
ADDING CHILD& MEDICALS FINISH 13-03-2015
Passport Req..
pass request: 22-05-2015
SKguy said:
Still with the caps... sounds so serious man.. take it easy...Peace and love... being serious is not good for your health... smiley face not helping

NO SERIOUSNESS AT ALL DEAR .....I M AN EGYPTIAN ....THE EGYPTIANS HAVE AN OUTSTANDING SENSE OF HUMOUR ...MAY BE I M SOME KIND OF A FORMAL.....AND I KNOW POLISH PEOPLE R SO KIND AND HELPFUL LIKE DIPLOMATRU ....I APPRETIATE HIS PRESENCE HERE INDEED....AND ACTUALLY SMILY FACES MAY INDICATE THAT THERE IS NO OFFENSE MEANT....WISH U PEACE AND LOVE ;) :D

ray2210

Star Member
Dec 17, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Grace1978 said:
Great :) For me Toronto I think would be too expensive I would need to look into the suburbs
Toronto is. I am in a home stay so works out cheap. Where are you located

747-captain

Jan 8, 2015
El Cerrito, CA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 21, 2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
PER: Jan 21, 2015
IELTS Request
Sent with App
File Transfer...
Unknown
Med's Request
Mar 13, 2015 (MR, FBI PCC [app sent to FBI 3/17] and RPRF)
Med's Done....
completed Mar. 23rd, 2015. ECAS 3rd line updated April 3rd.
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
August 08, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
August 13, 2015
LANDED..........
Feb 23, 2016
kwyatt75 said:
Well, that is certainly a relief. This really does make sense to me. It seems to make sense that when they do PER they would make sure that the caps for the NOC as well as the overall cap haven't been met before they move your application to the VO.

I could write a novel here to explain my reasoning but here I'll just say that there are multiple reasons why Canada is a better option, not just than the US but many other countries out there. I'd be glad to PM my reasoning to you so as to avoid an excessively long post here.

EDIT: It says I'm blocked from sending you a PM.
Hey kwyatt75,

I would love to hear your thoughts as to why Canada is a better place! ;D ....desperately need to hear this from someone to convince myself that life in Canada can be just as good if not better than the US!!

I have lived in the US now for over 22 years (literally since childhood), and have an almost obsessive emotional attachment to this place. I applied to Canada as a last resort. Due to the bureaucratic and unforgiving ways of the US immigration system I got "timed out" and have been constantly fighting to obtain my permanent residence and citizenship here (v. v. long and complicated story).

Oddly my brother and sister who are younger than me are US citizens (and have been for ages now). When I realized that my green card app might go nowhere last year, I asked my brother to put in a sponsorship for me (which BTW, is an ~ 12 year wait... I could've asked him to do this many years ago, but just didn't bother at the time ::) ).

Sometimes I look at it as a 11-year exile till I'm back permanently in the US :D ...but I don't want to look at it this way!! ...I want to love my potential new country Canada, and someone like you needs to tell me why ;) . Sometimes I'm filled with the most ridiculous and irrational thoughts like "Do they have a Trader Joe's there?" or "How am I going to live without THIS or THAT that I'm so used to here ?" ....etc. etc.!!

Grace1978

Jun 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sep 29-th, 2014
Nomination.....
PER Jan 9-th, 2015
File Transfer...
Feb 26-th, 2015
Med's Request
March 2-nd, 2015
Med's Done....
Recvd March 24-th, DM May 12-th, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
COPR May 27-th
ray2210 said:
Toronto is. I am in a home stay so works out cheap. Where are you located
I live in Chicago - or I should say in the suburb City West of Chicago ;) I started my journey in US in Chicago but later moved out. There are 5 of us, so renting something in Toronto I assume would be very expensive :-X
I have no idea which way to go, which suburbs are OK, schools, jobs etc.... maybe I am going too far, since I didn't even get RFV email :-\

747-captain

Jan 8, 2015
El Cerrito, CA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 21, 2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
PER: Jan 21, 2015
IELTS Request
Sent with App
File Transfer...
Unknown
Med's Request
Mar 13, 2015 (MR, FBI PCC [app sent to FBI 3/17] and RPRF)
Med's Done....
completed Mar. 23rd, 2015. ECAS 3rd line updated April 3rd.
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
August 08, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
August 13, 2015
LANDED..........
Feb 23, 2016
Grace1978 said:
I live in Chicago - or I should say in the suburb City West of Chicago ;) I started my journey in US in Chicago but later moved out. There are 5 of us, so renting something in Toronto I assume would be very expensive :-X
I have no idea which way to go, which suburbs are OK, schools, jobs etc.... maybe I am going too far, since I didn't even get RFV email :-\
Grace, are you also someone with MIXED feelings like me? ;) ....on the one hand I'm excited at my POTENTIAL (I too don't have my RFV yet) new life full of freedom ...to be able to travel anywhere in the world ....to have a sense of belonging to a place (like I don't have here).

....but on the other hand, I sometimes get extremely depressed to leave the US as well :'(

ray2210

Star Member
Dec 17, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Grace1978 said:
There is no harm planning. RFV will come soon:)

Downtown houses are expensive. Areas falling towards west side are good. There are several communities that reside in specific areas also. Honestly, everything will fall in place as times passes. Good luck.

I am glad we have Goku, Diplo and many others who are sharing their updates and experience and this will help us get through this time with a smile

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
EGYPT-BOY said:
NO SERIOUSNESS AT ALL DEAR .....I M AN EGYPTIAN ....THE EGYPTIANS HAVE AN OUTSTANDING SENSE OF HUMOUR ...MAY BE I M SOME KIND OF A FORMAL.....AND I KNOW POLISH PEOPLE R SO KIND AND HELPFUL LIKE DIPLOMATRU ....I APPRETIATE HIS PRESENCE HERE INDEED....AND ACTUALLY SMILY FACES MAY INDICATE THAT THERE IS NO OFFENSE MEANT....WISH U PEACE AND LOVE ;) :D
I certainly meant no offence EGYPT-BOY, typos take place, right? But it is my understanding that you would feel uncomfortable if you came across something like "Coiro".

hoodrobin

Star Member
Jan 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-07-2014
AOR Received.
08-11-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
Med's Done....
13-12-2014
Passport Req..
07-04-2015
I am in the same boat as well. US has definitely given me a lot, but I think I have to respect the fact that Canada loves me and wants me there more than US does. So I have to reciprocate the same feeling.

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Grace1978 said:
Gracey, if you are planning to work as a translator, you can do it from any location with an internet connection. If I need something translated, I send a scan to an ATIO-certified professional, and they send the hard-copies to me with Canada Post. So, I wouldn't go to Toronto in your place.

SKguy

Feb 10, 2015
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hahah i see. but writing in capital letters is considered anger you know

EGYPT-BOY said:

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
747-captain said:
Grace, are you also someone with MIXED feelings like me? ;) ....on the one hand I'm excited at my POTENTIAL (I too don't have my RFV yet) new life full of freedom ...to be able to travel anywhere in the world ....to have a sense of belonging to a place (like I don't have here).

....but on the other hand, I sometimes get extremely depressed to leave the US as well :'(
I assume, you are a DV-lottery participant 747-captain, and May 5 is damn close, so you never know, right? ;)

rb1981

Jul 28, 2013
Finally, ecas updated with Decision Made.... third and fourth line updated at the same time.

People waiting for RFV....hang in there.....it can come any day.....just got the feeling that they are on the double now.....many work colleagues who were waiting for PPR since long are getting at the same time. It can be any moment

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rb1981 said:
Finally, ecas updated with Decision Made.... third and fourth line updated at the same time.

People waiting for RFV....hang in there.....it can come any day.....just got the feeling that they are on the double now.....many work colleagues who were waiting for PPR since long are getting at the same time. It can be any moment
Congrats!
Kindly post your timeliness for the eager applicants.