Waived
Passport Req..
18th March 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Should be in April 2015
LANDED..........
Mostly in June 2015
pdhillon said:
U shall hear from CPC-O soon ... next week for sure.
Thank you. I wish your words come true.

DAC

Star Member
Dec 29, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello guys,

I have a question that how can one select a visa office? There is no such information asked in application forms and we just have to send applications to CIO @ NS.

I am finalizing my application and hoping to submit it before Christmas. Any comments? Thanks in advance for the response.

pssreddy25

Jul 2, 2014
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2014
Doc's Request.
ECAS - Application Received 29-05-14
Nomination.....
PER - 23 -10-14
AOR Received.
N/A(CPC-O Does not send AOR)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
ECAS - Started processing 31-10-2014
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
ECAS - Medical Received 23-10-14
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-Jan-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-Jan-2015
LANDED..........
Soon....!
DAC said:
Hello guys,

I have a question that how can one select a visa office? There is no such information asked in application forms and we just have to send applications to CIO @ NS.

I am finalizing my application and hoping to submit it before Christmas. Any comments? Thanks in advance for the response.
Dear friend,

It used to be an optional choice before (in old forms).
But now, it was taken out. Now CIC decides to VO office.

pssreddy25

Jul 2, 2014
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2014
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
PER - 23 -10-14
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-Jan-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-Jan-2015
LANDED..........
Soon....!
rathna said:
Application Date : 05/30/2014
PER Date : 09/23/2014
MR,RPRF,PCC Request : 11/13/2014
MR Received by CIC : 11/23/2014
RPRF,PCC Sent : 12/1/2014
RPRF,PCC Received : 12/2/2014
Visa Office : CPP-O Ottawa
NOC : 2173

Any idea how long will it take to get the PPR or decision?
Hi rathna,

Can you please tell us, What is the date on your ECAS that "2) We have started processing your application.XX?

you should get PPR in 3-4 weeks time.

pdhillon

Oct 29, 2014
Winnipeg
I can see CPC-O is sending MR to applicants but no ppr are coming from last october ....They might want to have gift us all a new year gift in January ... :)

xXCiscoGuyXx

Mar 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-23-2014
Nomination.....
09-16-2014
AOR Received.
10-12-2014
Med's Request
10-30-2014
Med's Done....
10-31-2014
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
01-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
01-09-2015
LANDED..........
[color=red][b]✓[/b][/color]
Being the central VO, they should be able to set examples to other VO, not be slow and lazy than others.

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey folks,

I am from another forum but in the same boat as you (PhD stream - CPC Ottawa). Do you have any idea why CPC-O has become dramatically slow in requesting passports? There has been a pause since mid October, 2014 and this concerns me a lot. I hope no more regulations come into effect for people who are waiting for final decisions.

Please help me to understand what's the main reason of this delay! :-[

pssreddy25

Jul 2, 2014
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2014
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
PER - 23 -10-14
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-Jan-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-Jan-2015
LANDED..........
Soon....!
Friends,
(Urgent help needed - to make my decision)
As I have seen in this forum, many forumists say that “We cannot send Indian passport outside the country by post. It is illegal to do so” as per Indian government law.
I have a situation here:
1) I am in USA for last 5 years and I have applied to Canada PR and CPC-O as my VO. I am May 29 Applicant and expecting PPR within a month time.
2) My current Visa is going to over my Dec 28th and I may need to go back to India, If my visa is not extended (50% chances to go back)
3) I have so many friends those often travel between USA and Canada

My question is:
If in case I go back to India and CPC-O ask for PPRs,
1) Can I send my passport to USA by my friend (My friend will carry my passport to USA) and send it to CPC-O by post. He will receive the stamped passports back in USA and bring them back to India.
Can I do this? Is there any legal complication to do?

fswevaluation

Star Member
May 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA/ NEW YORK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9th June 2014
LANDED..........
6th July 2015/Toronto
pssreddy25 said:
Friends,
As I have seen in this forum, many forumists say that “We cannot send Indian passport outside the country by post. It is illegal to do so” as per Indian government law.
I have a situation here:
1) I am in USA for last 5 years and I have applied to Canada PR and CPC-O as my VO. I am May 29 Applicant and expecting PPR within a month time.
2) My current Visa is going to over my Dec 28th and I may need to go back to India, If my visa is not extended (50% chances to go back)

My question is:
1) Can I send my passport to USA by my friend (My friend will carry my passport to USA) and send it to CPC-O by post. He will receive the stamped passports back in USA and bring them back to India.

I really feel sorry for your situation. Would it be possible to enroll for any course and stay on a student visa status--say for 6 to 9 months in the US?

I wish you all the best

jhutti

Aug 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pssreddy25 said:
Friends,
I have a situation here:

My question is:
Reddy,
You are in tricky situation. Just make sure to give authorization letter in name of your friend to claim he can carry his passport.
This letter is good for the custom officers at various international airport.
Now will it be okay with CPC-Ottawa? I don't know. Since your present address is going to change after dec14, You can keep your mailing address still of USA. But I guess you need to tell about your new present address. Other option is hire a lawyer and apply for extension of any visa. Till immigration authorities do not reply back, you are legal in USA. Hopefully by that time PPR will come. Best is get enrol in short student course. Any “Project Management” etc type 6-8 months course will be okay starting from Jan2015

Below was my situation few years back. You can take some analogy from it

I was in England while NDVO ask for my passport for PR stamping. I have updated my resident & mailing address of England to them.
Those days point system based timeline was 7- 8 years( I applied in 2002, get Canadian PR in 2009)
PPR letter from Delhi come to my England address.
I send mine & family Indian passports via DHL from England to NDVO -Canadian embassy. The PPR letter is supposed to be pasted on the courier outside, so that custom official in India know there is passport inside with stamping request.
By Indian law, international courier with Indian passport is allowed if destination is foreign embassy in India( NOT private address).
Anyway, After stamping of the passport. The NDVO send the passport to local Indian address at my parents' house. As it is illegal to courier passport outside the country. Then my father with authorization letter from myself bring the passports to me in England.
Later I enter Canada by flying out of England.

jobinj1

Star Member
Sep 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2014
Med's Request
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
03-11-2014
Passport Req..
12-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
10-02-2015
pssreddy25 said:
Friends,
I have a situation here:

My question is:
What visa are you on? If you are on an H1, you should find a consulting company to file your H1. Since this is an arrangement, you may have to pay for the costs. It doesn't matter if you don't follow all the H1 filing rules, but you should find a project, get paid and be in legal status. If your H1 file is not acceptable, you will first get an RFE about 3 months later. You will get some time to submit missing paperwork. If you don't submit it by the allotted time, your petition will get rejected and you will be directed to leave the country. But who cares, you will be in Canada long before all of this unfolds.

darkknight1

Oct 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-06-2014
Doc's Request.
NONE
AOR Received.
14-10-2014
Med's Request
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
16-11-2014
Passport Req..
09-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2015
LANDED..........
18-03-2015
pepe84 said:
Hey folks,

I am from another forum but in the same boat as you (PhD stream - CPC Ottawa). Do you have any idea why CPC-O has become dramatically slow in requesting passports? There has been a pause since mid October, 2014 and this concerns me a lot. I hope no more regulations come into effect for people who are waiting for final decisions.

Please help me to understand what's the main reason of this delay! :-[
Same question here too. Help please :).

namaste

Champion Member
Jan 5, 2013
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2014
Nomination.....
15-10-2014 (PER)
Med's Request
25-11-2014
Med's Done....
10-12-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2015
LANDED..........
16-05-2015
pssreddy25 said:
Friends,
I have a situation here:

My question is:
You can ask Ottawa to let you have the visa stamped in India when the time comes. You can do that when you move to India while updating your address or later on when asked for passports. It is not that big of a deal.

jobinj1

Star Member
Sep 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2014
Med's Request
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
03-11-2014
Passport Req..
12-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
10-02-2015
namaste said:
You can ask Ottawa to let you have the visa stamped in India when the time comes. You can do that when you move to India while updating your address or later on when asked for passports. It is not that big of a deal.
Will his file be moved to NDVO if he changes his address to India?