+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2014 Applicants Timeline- Lets Network Here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SANB

Star Member
Nov 21, 2014
Dubai
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4-07-2014
Nomination.....
CC Charge: 21-10-2014
AOR Received.
PER Date: 16-11-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Appl.
File Transfer...
24-10-2014
Med's Request
01-10-2015
‘Foreign Qualified' Engineers in Canada –What to do???
(Some concrete Steps to make you Street Smart)

Guys /gals, I found this interesting topic in a forum and thought to share with all you engineers out there, wanting to immigrate to Canada!

Barriers to foreign entry are common among the Regulated Professions in Canada like Medicine, Law, Finance & Accounts, Engineering etc. This is a fact of our life & cannot be avoided... not until some drastic policy changes happen. Governmental intervention plans are many in place, but till today the market doesn't reflect any better.

Foreign-trained Engineers who arrive in Canada with high hopes, only to have their careers derailed, have genuine reasons to crib. Ms. Marie Lemay, CEO of the CCPE (Canadian Council of Professional Engineers) said that, foreign-trained engineers have been caught in a Catch-22 situation, unable to find permanent employment because they had no domestic work experience and unable to get that experience because their degrees had no currency with Canadian employers.

The situation is:
"To get that work experience, you have to get a job, but to get the job you have to either have that work experience OR employers value your credentials [degrees & experience], which is not forthcoming".
<Catch-22, you bet !

Startling Facts : Under-Utilization of Engineers
• Yearly engineering supply from all sources has grown by a factor of three, and immigration into the engineering profession has increased by a factor of twelve, in a decade in which net jobs and economic growth in Canada has been less than 20%
• More than 75% of all skilled workers immigrating to Canada who intend to work in a regulated profession are engineers: this includes the total of all doctors, lawyers, teachers, nurses, veterinarians, optometrists, accountants...
• A popular trend shows immigrant engineers, though well qualified, but is excluded from the workforce because his credentials are not recognized.
• Some senior engineers and engineering educators consider engineering to be the “new liberal arts education”, and have no expectation that engineering graduates should have the opportunity to work as engineers if they so choose! This attitude is not marginal- it is surprisingly widespread!
• Recent surveys have indicated that a large fraction of working engineers consider themselves to be “overqualified for the work they do”; and that about 75% of professional engineers have no defined area of work. A large fraction of engineers are not engaged in the practice of engineering as conventionally defined.
• We still hear reports of localized shortages of engineers. Why? Because some firms insist on hiring people with Canadian experience to fill certain positions that is actually entry level. And other firms wouldn't hire at the entry level with foreign-qualified engineers.

Concrete Steps we should take to Combat the above
• If you are a new immigrant, first & foremost get your ‘foreign' credentials assessed within Canada (details below [1]).
• Secondly, obtain memberships / certifications of Canadian bodies / institutes / associations (details below [2]).
• Thirdly, get yourselves ‘re-trained' from Canadian Universities / Institutions. Most, if not all universities have engineering faculties.
• Fourthly, by the time you endorse into an engineering degree program, get that certification, for sure, as mentioned in point-2 above.
• Fifthly, if you are a recent graduate of an engineering program, or you have an ‘overseas engineering education and have been unable to find suitable work as an engineer, contact your university, accredition body, professional licensing body, and let them ‘know' that you exist! Network & gather all your colleagues, peers, friends, who are in the same situation and write/approach ‘jointly' to these bodies for assistance!

[1] Engineering International- Education Assessment Program
While it is not part of licensing, the Engineering International-Education Assessment Program assesses the educational qualifications of individuals who were educated and trained outside of Canada by comparing their education to a Canadian engineering education. The assessment provides applicants with valuable information on how their foreign education compares to a Canadian engineering education. Few of the agencies to approach are:

1. Canadian Council of Professional Engineers (CCPE)
http://www.engineerscanada.ca/e/pr_international_ieg_3.cfm
2. Canadian Engineering Accreditation Board (CEAB)
http://www.accreditation.org/accbodies.php?page=canada

[2] Memberships / Certifications from Engineering Bodies
Similar to a driver's permit, the memberships/certifications, will instantly qualify immigrants to work in an “apprenticeship capacity” as they pursue their supplementary training [Canadian re-training] toward a permanent placement. Some of the organizations you can approach are:

1. Professional Engineers Ontario licenses [PEO]
http://www.peo.on.ca/
2. The Council for Access to the Profession of Engineering [CAPE]
http://capeinfo.ca/
3. Association of Professional Engineers, Geologists & Geophysicists of Alberta [APEGGA]
http://www.apegga.org/applicants/ieg/overview.html

REFERENCE READING:
Barriers to ‘Foreign Trained' Engineers...
http://www.geography.ryerson.ca/hbauder/Immigrant%20Labour/immigrant_credentials.pdf

managersonline

Champion Member
Oct 18, 2014
sankartechin said:
Appl Sent : Oct 30th
Appl Filled : Nov 5th applicant
NOC 2281 CC charged Just now 10:14 pm IST 12:44 pm Canada time :) :)

thanks to all forum memebers , still long way to go .................
congratulations hope your next stages will pass smoothly and you'll land in canada.

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am copy-pasting a quick tip for CAS from one of my previous replies.

First line is displayed after Data Entry, the step following Cost recovery at CIO. This is when an electronic file is created in GCMS. MIAR (forum term 'PER'), AOR and file transfer don't trigger a CAS update.

Second line appears when the assigned IPA opens file in GCMS and begins processing it by initiating document verification. Upon completion of document verification (SELDEC) he/she sends MR and starts SECCRIM and SECDEC.

Third line appears when medical results are received and approved by CIC. All meds are sent to Ottawa (NHQ) where a corresponding GCMS entry is created and consequently the file is brought forward at VO.

Fourth line appears upon completion of security and criminality checks (BDEC) and final determination of admissability and eligibility by IPA. As a result an applicant generally receives PPR.

managersonline

Champion Member
Oct 18, 2014
toufiqp said:
###### Ahlamdulillha got moment of joy #######

Refreshing mail box n thinking of PER mail

And what. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Its there my PER mail

App date 24 Rep
Cc charged 12 Dec
PER 8 Jan
NOC 2172

Thank you all for your support while gathering documents
This forum really helps me a lot

:p :p
congratulations.

managersonline

Champion Member
Oct 18, 2014
MrBank said:
I am a november applicant , Has CIC started charging for November yet? ...keeping fingers crossed!
These days as you have already read that first week of november applications are being charged. so your turn could be in next week.

Regards,George,
Doha,Qatar

LittleOwl

May 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kyiv, UA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2014
Nomination.....
31-10-2014 (PER)
Med's Request
26-03-2015
Med's Done....
15-04-2015
Passport Req..
30-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
05-05-2015
LANDED..........
16-09-2015
Lines in CAS are updated manually, not automatically, and which stage exactly is accompanied by which update depends on VO ??? ??? ???

jamal12345

May 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest (Bulgaria)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6-8-2014
Nomination.....
27-11-2014
Med's Request
3-23-2015
Med's Done....
2-4-15 Med's Rcvd.....: 11-4-15
Passport Req..
19-5-2015
VISA ISSUED...
27-5-2015
LANDED..........
16-09-2015
Diplomatru, did you overcome the hangover from your birthday and meeting with parents. ;D ;D

chaseme

Dec 9, 2014
Diplomatru said:
Sis, do apply for GCMS.
Please give your potential opinions-

My ECAS status is "in process"..we have rec......on 27th May . Received PER - its more than 3 months now, no updates for MR/PCC. I have applied for GCMS last month and also put CSE,no reply yet. My VO is CPC-O but I have not head anything from them, constantly checking my Inbox/Spam folder. In the mean time , I have my passport renewed. Can I forward upgraded details to CPC-O without any address notification email from them?

Is there anyone in the same situation??

What should be reason for such a long delay? Please suggest.

Thanks

managersonline

Champion Member
Oct 18, 2014
Diplomatru said:
I am copy-pasting a quick tip for CAS from one of my previous replies.

First line is displayed after Data Entry, the step following Cost recovery at CIO. This is when an electronic file is created in GCMS. MIAR (forum term 'PER'), AOR and file transfer don't trigger a CAS update.

Second line appears when the assigned IPA opens file in GCMS and begins processing it by initiating document verification. Upon completion of document verification (SELDEC) he/she sends MR and starts SECCRIM and SECDEC.

Third line appears when medical results are received and approved by CIC. All meds are sent to Ottawa (NHQ) where a corresponding GCMS entry is created and consequently the file is brought forward at VO.

Fourth line appears upon completion of security and criminality checks (BDEC) and final determination of admissability and eligibility by IPA. As a result an applicant generally receives PPR.
Thanks Diplomatru for brief and to the point explanation. I would like to know that when CIO charges CC or encashes DD, so at the time they have already calculated the required points or just they have checked that all documents are complete and after that they start caculating the points? Because some of the applicants they received NER after charging of their CC so it seems that they calculate points after charging. At the time of charging they just review that whether all documents are complete or not? whether my understanding in this regard is correct?

Regards,George,
Doha,Qatar

FIYAZALI

Oct 7, 2014
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22nd October - 2015
LANDED..........
13-07-2016
alirezasany said:
There is no sign unfortunately
Thanking for your updates and replies
1+

zanate

Jan 8, 2015
Hello friends, I'd like to put a note to encourage everybody, we have always been reading many strategies for settling and succeeding in Canada, many will definitely say that getting a job prior to landing is impossible and many others will say that we need to plan for a survival job since getting a job in our noc is very difficult, I strongly disagree with that, we need to start working since the minute we applied to increase our chance for success, reviewing our resumes, tailoring to the Canadian expectations, review skills needed in different regions, etc, in my case even though I'm still waiting for medicals, I have been able to secure a job offer in my noc (2132) valid for 2015 and tied to me completing the PR process successfully.

Yes I had to shoot for a lower than my current position, yes I had to aim for an average pay for the region (according to the figures in the job bank), but at the end I believe is better than arriving and start spending our savings, or doing survival jobs.

Please, focus on your goals and put every effort to achieve it, if it means reviewing 50 job openings every night to review skill need trends, if it means to write a 1000 different resumes tailored to every possible opportunity ahead, if it means to sleep much less hours everyday compared with what you were used to, so be it, at the end the reward is to increase the chances to succeed!

I don't know if GOD will allow me to complete the PR process, I'm still in the middle of the road as many of you, but I do know that I will do my best to not fail for not putting my best every minute, every hour every day to pursue my dream.

Please understand that I'll not give neither personal details, or the company details, but if this words I humbly write helps another person to reach their dream, I'll be more than served.

MrBank

Star Member
Nov 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
11_09-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
File Transfer...
Not Yet
Med's Request
Not Yet
Med's Done....
Yes
Interview........
Hopefully not
Passport Req..
Not Yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not Yet
LANDED..........
2016!!!
Its completeness check ----- CC or DD charge ------ Eligibilty review ------- PER of NER issued.

managersonline said:
Thanks Diplomatru for brief and to the point explanation. I would like to know that when CIO charges CC or encashes DD, so at the time they have already calculated the required points or just they have checked that all documents are complete and after that they start caculating the points? Because some of the applicants they received NER after charging of their CC so it seems that they calculate points after charging. At the time of charging they just review that whether all documents are complete or not? whether my understanding in this regard is correct?

Regards,George,
Doha,Qatar

Giftsmas

Sep 14, 2014
Casablanca
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat Morocco
NOC Code......
NOC 0121
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24/09/2014
Nomination.....
Med's Request
Med's Done....
09.04.2015, TLU and DM on May 27th 2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Hopefully buy a flight ticket soon!
Abbreviations and jargons

** Just to share with you abbreviations and common immigration jargon **

AOR Acknowledgement of receipt letter.
BDEC Background Decision
CC Credit Card
CHC Canadian High Commission – refers to the Canadian embassies, Visa offices, and Consulates.
CIC Citizenship and Immigration, Canada – the umbrella body which governs both CIO and local CHC offices
CIO Centralized Intake Office in Sydney Nova scotia – where you sent your application. Sometimes it is mentioned as CIU (Centralized Intake Unit).
DD Demand Draft (Bank Draft / Certified Cheque / Money Order)
ECA Educational Credential Assessment
ECAS Client Application Status, an official CIC service which allows to view the status of your application on-line
FD Fixed Deposit
FILE BF’D TO File Brought Forward date
FINDEC Financial Decision
FOSS is a central database of applications
GCMS Global Case Management System
IMMCAT Immigration Catergory
JD Job Description
M01-M07 level of Medical assessment. M01 means perfect
MEDDEC Medical Decision
MR Medical Examination Request
NCR No Criminal Record
NOC National Occupation Classification
OREQ Other Requirement
PCC Police Clearance Certificate
PER Confirmation of Positive Eligibility Review from CIO
PI Principle immigrant
POF Proof of Funds
PPR Passport Request
PPS point at paper screening stage
PS Prescreen (another explanation is Paper selection)
PSDEC Paper Selection Decision
RPRF Right of Permanent Residence Fees
SEC CRIM Security criminal
SELDEC Selection Decision
SS This spreadsheet
SW1 Skill Worker 1
UCI Unique Client Identifier, an 8-digit identification number. People usually get it from CIC in a PER confirmation
VO Visa Office
RBVO Received by Visa Office
XREF cross referenced applicant

hassan905

May 7, 2014
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31st July 2014
Nomination.....
25th Nov 2014(PER)
Med's Request
5th Feb 2015
Med's Done....
18th Feb 2015
Interview........
Waived alhamdullilah
Passport Req..
6th March 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Inshallah soon
Hi All,

Please suggest is it fine to accept a job offer which is not related to the NOC i have applied for ?

If i accept the job offer and send the updated job to VO as I am expecting MR soon (inshallah) will it have negative effect of not having job in same NOC ?

Status
Not open for further replies.