+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2014 Applicants Timeline- Lets Network Here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

perseverence

Jun 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
2174<br>WES Assessment Filed..: 30-04-2013<br>WES Received......: 08-05-2013<br>DD Issued from..:HDFC Bank<br>Application Courier...:10-05-2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-05-2013 3:18pm<br>PER Received...: 24-07-2013<br>
AOR Received.
10-09-2013<br>Processing Started (ecas): 24-01-2014<br>
Med's Request
25-01-2014
Med's Done....
29-01-2014
Passport Req..
25-01-2014<br>Passport Sent.: 31-01-2014<br>Passport Recd.: 03-02-2014<br>RPRF Encashed: 08-02-2014<br><b>Med's Recd..: 09-02-2014 <--</b>
VISA ISSUED...
05-04-2014
LANDED..........
23-04-2014
Optimist3 said:
Hi Lance,

My 2 cents about EE. I think it is a glorified work permit and that too very complicated. Instead, I would say, convert it into Work Permit, test the guy who comes and then issue PR after few years like other countries.

The basic disconnect is no one is clear as to what CIC wants. Is it the language? Canadian Exp? Job offer? PNP? If eliminating odd jobs is their priority, then why did they increase the over cap to 25000, knowing very well that people are ending up doing odd jobs.

I think it a simple attempt to copy and modify other systems, but seems to have failed miserably. The reasons being:

1. PNP and Arranged Employment will take lot of time. There are very less chances for people to get either and qualify for the so called Jan "Draw", will CIC still pick top guys and ask them to apply for PR? Not clear?
2. Is there any minimum cut off? No one knows
3. What is this strange rule about accompanying spouse? Are they suggesting one should bring them or should they drop them? What if the person goes along and brings their spouse in family class, will they still ask for what ever has been asked now?

Over all, it is a very poorly designed system. Unless, CIC is clear about how each qualifier is contributing to the objective of bettering their immigration, I don't think it is going to yield any results. My rating of this program is 1/5...

Please share your views. Will be very useful for all of us.

Thank you.
Diplomatru said:
Great points.
I imagined it would suck. But the Canadian Government sort of went beyond my wildest expectations. The only way I can see EE working is through nomination of Canadian Master's and PhD graduates since they are inland applicants and have local credentials and potentially a decent command of English. I don't believe in arranged employment from abroad though.Great points.
I imagined it would suck. But the Canadian Government sort of went beyond my wildest expectations. The only way I can see EE working is through nomination of Canadian Master's and PhD graduates since they are inland applicants and have local credentials and potentially a decent command of English. I don't believe in arranged employment from abroad though.
:) Optimist very good observation. You are right about the confusion over increased limits as there are already thousands doing odd jobs here. One thing to note is the economy is driven by immigrants to a big extent here. They move in, bring money, buy houses, cars, stuff, pay taxes (even if it requires some odd job at some fast food store). Housing market is a big part of Canadian economy and they have done good job of attracting people from across the world to come and buy a house here. The infrastructure is mainly focussed around this fact. Good roads, lot of walking trails around residential areas, lot of schools in and around residential areas, lot of parks and plazas around residential areas - all this provides very good environment to immigrants and most end up buying house and paying for it - even if every single person in the house has to work.

I have seen families staying in good residential areas, where almost everyone leaves for job everyday to make the payments. Similarly, the basement renting concept makes some houses in some communities affordable to many. So, all these increased numbers are in one way drivers to sustain healthy economy going. It is kind of win win for immigrant and country as both benefit from this.. country to a larger extent as it is the immigrant ultimately slogging to make ends meet - to pay for services, products, taxes and mortgages.

idefix

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2014
Diplomatru said:
Great points.
I imagined it would suck. But the Canadian Government sort of went beyond my wildest expectations. The only way I can see EE working is through nomination of Canadian Master's and PhD graduates since they are inland applicants and have local credentials and potentially a decent command of English. I don't believe in arranged employment from abroad though.
bosschips said:
The international applicant must be so bankable that the company would invest for his/her immigration via EE. I'm not seeing this will work for the usual rank and file employees. Mostly top management people will succeed in this system.
You guys are too negative IMHO.

I don't think it was that big of a change. The major change was language requirement - you need a very high IELTS now.

But I think they will draw 95% of the applicants without job offer or provincial nominee.

bosschips

Champion Member
Sep 22, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
idefix said:
You guys are too negative IMHO.

I don't think it was that big of a change. The major change was language requirement - you need a very high IELTS now.

But I think they will draw 95% of the applicants without job offer or provincial nominee.
Until the complete set of rules have been set, we could only speculate and judge this program with what we have. I'm seeing that the first few months of EE could be advantageous to the brave who will lodge early as there is not much competition yet. I think the program will be harder as it goes through its age because the benchmark for the ones without JO/PNP would be more clear.

idefix

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2014
Just one other comment about EE (even if this is a FSW topic). To me, the process will go like this (it's just a wild guess):

CIC will search the market for the deficit of workers in a given month:
- 100x 2174
- 60x 2173
- 80x 1112

With that in hand, they will make a draw of the top applicants in those professions.

Furthermore, if you have over 600 points (means you got a PN or JO), you are automatically drawed, and you don't count towards the draw.

bosschips

Champion Member
Sep 22, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
idefix said:
Just one other comment about EE (even if this is a FSW topic). To me, the process will go like this (it's just a wild guess):

- 100x 2174
- 60x 2173
- 80x 1112

With that in hand, they will make a draw of the top applicants in those professions.

Furthermore, if you have over 600 points (means you got a PN or JO), you are automatically drawed, and you don't count towards the draw.
Most provinces are already considering to join this wagon of the Federal Government. There are only a few provinces that accept applicants without job offer. Quebec, Nova Scotia, and Manitoba to name some but I think they are already in the process of shifting soon.

IMHO, when EE launches, PNP would be flocked by applicants and would be the backdoor to Canada.

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
idefix said:

- 100x 2174
- 60x 2173
- 80x 1112

They don't have a deficit. The current unemployment rate is at the minimum level since 2008.

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bosschips said:
Most provinces are already considering to join this wagon of the Federal Government. There are only a few provinces that accept applicants without job offer. Quebec, Nova Scotia, and Manitoba to name some but I think they are already in the process of shifting soon.

IMHO, when EE launches, PNP would be flocked by applicants and would be the backdoor to Canada.
NS has already announced that the no-j/o intake in 2015 will be processed through EE.
For 2014 they had a whooping cap of 150 nominations btw :D

bosschips

Champion Member
Sep 22, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Theus17 said:
Ei guys! Good,morning! I just want to ask if completeness check for the month of October is already finished... When do we expect charging? When can we expect for per? Thanks! ;)
Wait a little more. September 16 is the latest CC charge date. Expect it by January or if things are really catching up with CIO, by end of December. :)

vkay

Aug 2, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
y_y said:
Have a look at this:
it seems it is used to verify the CC holder: Search on Wikipedia: Address Verification System
No, it does not impact.. I have been using different address for my own card than the one I have bank for long time, no issues ever..

bosschips

Champion Member
Sep 22, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Diplomatru said:
NS has already announced that the no-j/o intake in 2015 will be processed through EE.
And also a snail-pace processing. :)

dawn_canada

Jul 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore VO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-07-2014
Nomination.....
03-11-2014
AOR Received.
04-12-2014
File Transfer...
31-10-2015
Med's Request
24-02-2015
Med's Done....
06-03-2015 - 3rd Line updated on 17-03-2015, RPRF and PCC received to VO on 23-03-2015
Interview........
Seems waived.
Passport Req..
30-07-2015 and submitted on 31-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-08-2015
Diplomatru said:
Have they announced any thing regarding 2015 intake?
Please share link. thanks!

dhandpun

Star Member
May 15, 2014
Please clear below doubt that came seeing fsw14 option under Express Entry option on CIC website.

EE is going to start in jan 2015 and has no link to fsw14 except being new process going to start from 1 jan for skilled labour immigration in Canada.

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bosschips said:
And also a snail-pace processing. :)
The only good PNP program I know of is BC.

dawn_canada said:
Have they announced any thing regarding 2015 intake?
Please share link. thanks!
Nope, just a teaser.

Q. Does NSOI intend to reopen the stream in January, 2015? A. The Nova Scotia Office of Immigration expects to open a revised stream in January, 2015. The program is being realigned with the federal government’s new Express Entry stream which is designed to make processing quicker. Applicants will be encouraged to reapply under the new criteria. - See more at: http://novascotiaimmigration.com/immigrate/regional-labour-market-demand/faq/#sthash.8iNwgFDD.dpuf

Canbd

Sep 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived!
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
leydikat said:
GOD is soooooo good!!!!
Already received the much awaited PER a few hours ago. To God be the glory! :)

NOC: 3012
VO: Manila
Date of App: Aug. 13, 2014
DD charged: Nov 16, 2014
congratulations :)

dawn_canada

Jul 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore VO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-07-2014
Nomination.....
03-11-2014
AOR Received.
04-12-2014
File Transfer...
31-10-2015
Med's Request
24-02-2015
Med's Done....
06-03-2015 - 3rd Line updated on 17-03-2015, RPRF and PCC received to VO on 23-03-2015
Interview........
Seems waived.
Passport Req..
30-07-2015 and submitted on 31-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-08-2015
Diplomatru said:
The only good PNP program I know of is BC.

Nope, just a teaser.

Q. Does NSOI intend to reopen the stream in January, 2015? A. The Nova Scotia Office of Immigration expects to open a revised stream in January, 2015. The program is being realigned with the federal government's new Express Entry stream which is designed to make processing quicker. Applicants will be encouraged to reapply under the new criteria. - See more at: http://novascotiaimmigration.com/immigrate/regional-labour-market-demand/faq/#sthash.8iNwgFDD.dpuf
Thanks for the reply!

Status
Not open for further replies.