+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2014 Applicants Timeline- Lets Network Here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Achiever 99

Sep 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8/5/14
Waheguru said:
SENIORS!!! URGENT REPLY NEEDED

My brother is 9th June Applicant, and he has made payment through DD from Thomas Cook, So when can he check with the bank about DD amount Clearence??? We are whole lot of worry and so tensed. Satnam Shri Waheguru Ji
Buddy.... CIC is working on 2nd and 3rd June apps so I suggest you to keep track of file open updates here in the forum. When 9th June processes... check ur DD clearance after 10 days from there.

In my view you should check DD encash in 20 days from now.

CPR2012

May 22, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
wolf_metallo said:
Guys,
I have a panic question! Was going through list of rejections in the spreadsheet. I am sending my application today, so thought of validating what's the "danger" areas
Saw one reason as: "Forgot to sign fee form". I am sending a DD as payment mode, in that case I don't see any reason to sign the form. Am I right?
Please advise, thanks as always!!
I believe you are talking about the credit payment option. Yes you need not sign that.
*Keep the documents serial wise as described in checklist making checklist as the first 1
*donot forget to include all your educational transcript (xerox) along with WES original
*check one last time with a cool head
*prefer fedex or ups, fedex is near punjagutta maa TV off I believe. Say them the priority.
All the best buddy :)

mokshmedia

Sep 9, 2010
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Not yet
LANDED..........
I wish I was!
Hi Seniors
I am very confused. People are giving different answers to my question.

My question:
If the WES report says " THREE YEAR POST-SECONDARY STUDY FROM A NON-RECOGNIZED INSTITUTION"
Then will I get 21 points for education or not?

23 people said yes

4 people said no

Out of these 4 one is a highly reputed immigration lawyer in Toronto and he said No.
Please advise.

plikhi

Star Member
May 5, 2014
mokshmedia said:
Hi Seniors

My question:
If the WES report says " THREE YEAR POST-SECONDARY STUDY FROM A NON-RECOGNIZED INSTITUTION"

23 people said yes

4 people said no

Out of these 4 one is a highly reputed immigration lawyer in Toronto and he said No.
Please advise.
you are right you will not get 21 points....for 21 points it should be 4 years bachelor degree....

cjg1987

Champion Member
May 2, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
11-11-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
Passport Req..
09-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-01-2015
mokshmedia said:
Hi Seniors

My question:

23 people said yes

4 people said no

Please advise.
Buddy you will not get those 21 points only because it mentions "Study" , therefore it is not a diploma or a degree.

You can check the below link yourself for better understanding:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/ECA_table_EN.pdf

frasiercrane

Aug 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-09-2014 DD encashed...: 26-11-2014
Nomination.....
19-12-2014 2nd line update: 20-03-2015
Med's Request
30-03-2015
Med's Done....
04-04-2015 3rd line update: 16-04-2015
Passport Req..
13-05-2015 DM: 15-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
21-05-2015
FSWapplicant123 said:
Guys, I noticed most people here use dhl or fedex?

Is it safe to send through UPS?
UPS is good. FedEx is good.

For moreinfo about DHL please refer to my sign-off

vasumaaney

Star Member
Sep 16, 2014
My applicaiton on code 2173 is received on JUNE4 2015 AT 12:40 PM and today i enquired hdfc bank who issued DD and got that stil it is not get charged. Feel sad and eager to wait the good news.

God should help me.

Thanks,
Vasu

vasumaaney

Star Member
Sep 16, 2014
[
Hi HOW YOU REALISED. did you get any info from CIC and you again reviewed all ht forms.

Thanks,
Vasu

quote author=sachintang link=topic=199004.msg3540908#msg3540908 date=1411365194]
Hi!

I have submitted my application on September 02, 2014 and am a prime applicant. I just realised yesterday that i had made a mistake in filling the year of birth of my wife. Should i communication with cic about this immediately or wait for the payment to get charged on my cc and once the file number is issued then i can do the correction. Please advise.
[/quote]

i435

Star Member
Apr 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-09-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with app
Buddy,
Many of us have used UPS. The delivery and tracking service is very good for UPS. You can check the SS for details.
(Infact, have heard that the UPS' local service in Sydney, NS is exceptional even compare to Fedex, though I have nothing to validate this info)

FSWapplicant123 said:

Century

VIP Member
May 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05-2014
Nomination.....
30-07-2014
AOR Received.
09-09-2014
Med's Request
24-10-2014
Med's Done....
04-11-2014
Passport Req..
05-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-12-2014
LANDED..........
08-06-2015
I do discourage to apply with self attested reference letter. So, it is highly recommended that you approach to senior management for the same.

wolf_metallo said:
Warning - it's a bit long post, apologies for that in advance. But, can you guys provide me your opinion / advise please? As per my previous post, I'm sending my application today - so a bit in panic attack mode. I saw lot of reasons of rejection as "insufficient details for NOC experience", and hence insecure a bit.

Here's what I'm sending to CIC:
0. A cover letter describing which document refers to what information, so that they don't miss anything.
1. Current Company letterhead experience letter - with job title and employment start date
2. Manager signed letter (plain A4), with his ID card and visiting card
3. My ID card and visiting card
4. Affidavit by me stating I don't have job description on company letterhead due to policy issue and also listing the main duties
5. Joining letter, promotion letter, current annual compensation letter, salary slips
6. Time sheet / service hours summary to highlight 40 hour/week job

Question: Is this sufficient? Or shall I approach the company senior management to provide me a letter on exceptional basis??

And secondly - could someone tell me if these main duties match to NOC 2171 "system security analyst" role (from CIC: "Systems security analysts confer with clients to identify and document requirements, assess physical and technical security risks to data, software and hardware, and develop policies, procedures and contingency plans to minimize the effects of security breaches.").

Main duties:
• Identify client requirements for conducting assessment of their IT infrastructure (software and hardware) and IT policies, procedures, methodologies, and processes
• Develop an integrated IT security assessment framework based upon various regulatory requirements, industry standards, and client requirements
• Conduct thorough assessment of client's IT infrastructure and IT security posture in order to identify implementation gaps
• Document assessment findings and provide detailed reports to client's management team indicating current capabilities, gaps, and suggested improvements for various IT security areas, such as access control, data encryption, physical security controls, security incident management, business continuity management, network security, etc.
• Review Information & Technology risk methodologies, frameworks, and processes implemented by clients, and identify gaps & scope of improvement
• Assist clients in prioritizing the risks based upon various parameters (threats, vulnerabilities, likelihood, impact) and develop risk mitigation strategy based upon industry standard methodologies and specific scenarios
• Design IT risk management strategy for clients based upon their unique risk scenarios and assessment results; Develop implementation roadmaps to deploy selected IT risk management strategy in client environment
• Review clients organizational structure and management environment, and design enterprise-wise or division specific IT Security Policies and Standards in order to control the IT environment and ensure high-level direction and standardization to prevent IT security incidents and breaches
• Develop specific technology standards to safeguard client's IT environment and technologies from internal and external threats; develop operating system hardening standards for securing critical systems from known vulnerabilities
• Develop information security incident management processes and disaster recovery standards/processes to recover organization's IT infrastructure from severe security incidents

Appreciate your inputs and this will be my last question, promise!! :)

i435

Star Member
Apr 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-09-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with app
Ahsan,
It still is pretty dark at Sydney, NS :)
The usual pratice by CIC has been to update it on their Monday morning.

ahsan99 said:
No Cap update today...,.

bosschips

Champion Member
Sep 22, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
FSWapplicant123 said:

UPS is the best when it comes to North America especially documents to Nova Scotia.

trk1

Jul 15, 2014
siryasir said:
I believe you are right since Section A ( for DD ) on Fee form does not have place for signatures. Section B for CC has that to authorise the payment from CC. I have also not signed the form.

But I 'd be happy to hear from others.
There is no need to sign, as the DD is already made and enclosed as part of the application. The signature is to authorize the use of the credit card. All the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.