+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2014 Applicants Timeline- Lets Network Here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mehul1313

Star Member
Oct 5, 2013
Markham
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
CPR2012 said:
You will be fine but include an affidavit. I did the same as seniors suggested. Please refer my post in page 1027 for complete details.
All the best :)
On a lighter note,

After reading lot of your replies on reference letter, you should keep this sentence as your signature:

"If you do not have reference letter from your company, refer my post on page 1027."

:p :p :p :p :p :p :p

CPR2012

May 22, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
sujith.rajan85 said:
Sorry for not being very clear on my previous post. This thing is that I have already submitted my application to CIC on may 12th. Found out about this forum only recently. I had hired a consultancy firm (Y-axis) and did as they suggested.
That will be Ok anyways you have provided all related documents.
It is suggest to provide a covering letter because it will explain why you are not able to provide the reference letter on letterhead.

I sent you a personal message. Check your inbox

Seniors any input from your end.

All the best:)

ssamjos

Star Member
May 20, 2011
SUGGESTION NEEDED

Fellow members,

I am indian national based out of US. One friend in the forum correctly pointed out that I should have mentioned CPC-Ottawa as my Visa office. However, currently my application mentions New York.

Wanted some suggestion. I have the follow questions below

Do I have to file a new application?
Is this possible reason for rejection?
How do I correct the error?
Can I correct it at a later stage once my application is cap counted?

Please let me know. Seniors your valuable advice.

CPR2012

May 22, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
mehul1313 said:
On a lighter note,

After reading lot of your replies on reference letter, you should keep this sentence as your signature:

"If you do not have reference letter from your company, refer my post on page 1027."

:p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

Oscar7

Apr 29, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mehul1313 said:
On a lighter note,

That is not a bad idea at all. Although I like the intended humor, Mehul.

And the answer is pretty detailed at 1027, thanks to him. Great job buddy!!

But what if one has forgot (as in this guy's case) to put in a self declaration that his/ her company doesn't provide reference letter on company letter head, will it still be okay? However in the letter by manager the date of joining/ leaving, designation, # of hours worked, salary, roles & responsibilities etc. along with manager's email & contact # and manager's business card is included. Thanks!

sujith.rajan85

Star Member
Jun 5, 2014
Mumbai
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2014
AOR Received.
19-08-2014 (PER)
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
23-09-2014
Med's Request
26-09-2014
Med's Done....
27-09-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
23-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
07-01-2014
LANDED..........
Very Soon
CPR2012 said:
That will be Ok anyways you have provided all related documents.
It is suggest to provide a covering letter because it will explain why you are not able to provide the reference letter on letterhead.

Seniors any input from your end.

All the best:)
Thanks bro. It is a relief to hear that although the final decision lies with the visa officer.
Also I must add the people in this forum are so nice and polite just like Canadians. You all deserve to be in Canada !! :D

INDIA2CANADA.PDA

Star Member
May 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-JUL-2014
AOR Received.
22-DEC-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with File
File Transfer...
22-DEC-2014
Med's Request
22-DEC-2014
Med's Done....
09-JAN-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-FEB-2015
mehul1313 said:
Hi

If your calculated points are above 67 with Bachelor's degree alone, go ahead with getting Bachelor's degree assessed. If university for Master's degree is not listed in approved universities, WES would most probably NOT give it Canadian equivalency.

This is just my view. I am not familiar with Sikkim Manipal university. Take opinion of seniors as well. ;D
Hi Mehul

Thank you so much for you quick reply and guidance. As I said, I just started working on my application few days back and is appearing for IELTS on 21-Jun. I am not able to calculate the exact points since I don't have IELTS score in hand. Adding this masters will give me 1 extra point and will help if I cannot get a desired score in IELTS. That is why I am skeptical about how to go with this..

Here are my self calculated points
Experience: 15
Education :21 (I will get 22, If I can add my Masters)
IELTS: 19 required(18 required If I can add my masters)
--------------
Total :67

I am preparing for my IELTS but not sure how my score/performance would be..So little worried .. :( :-\ Thanks again..

mehul1313

Star Member
Oct 5, 2013
Markham
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Oscar7 said:

That is not a bad idea at all. Although I like the intended humor, Mehul.

And the answer is pretty detailed at 1027, thanks to him. Great job buddy!!

But what if one has forgot (as in this guy's case) to put in a self declaration that his/ her company doesn't provide reference letter on company letter head, will it still be okay? However the letter my manager along with date of joining/ leaving, designation, # of hours worked, salary, roles & responsibilities etc. along with manager's email & contact # and manager's business card is included. Thanks!
I too could not get reference letter from my current company. I had included all the things you mentioned along with the description in cover letter that stats: "It is against company policy to provide with such reference letter to current employee.". I had also attached print out of email my HR wrote to me that said that they could not provide.

Now I don't exactly know if not writing that description could have some negative effect or not. But I do not think this may be reason for rejection.

Hope for the best!! All the best!!

jimmy_kallarackal

Star Member
Apr 26, 2011
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 29 2010
Med's Request
March-16-2011
Med's Done....
April-18-2011
Passport Req..
18-May-2011
VISA ISSUED...
22-June-2011
LANDED..........
27-Oct-2011
IELTS Result expiring on july 10.. if file reaches there by june end, will they consider the result valid or they would return the file?

Century

VIP Member
May 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05-2014
Nomination.....
30-07-2014
AOR Received.
09-09-2014
Med's Request
24-10-2014
Med's Done....
04-11-2014
Passport Req..
05-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-12-2014
LANDED..........
08-06-2015
obaied said:
expecting experts' comments on this,
ashif vai, century, anyone pl.
According to the document checklist:

If you are unable to provide any of the requested documents, include with your application, a written application with full details as to why that documentation is unavailable and any documentation that would support your claim. If your application lacks any of the documents without a reasonable justification, it will be returned to you or in certain circumstances could result in the refusal of your application.

So, any deviation in providing proper documentation should be supported with covering letter or it could get rejected. Now it depends with the judgement/consideration of the officer. Saying that never heard application was rejected as it was not written on letterhead. And this phenomenon is neither uncommon nor unknown by CIC. Best of luck.

NSharawat21

Apr 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-May-2014
Doc's Request.
14-May-2014
Nomination.....
27-Aug-2014
AOR Received.
N/A
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
07-Nov-2014
Med's Done....
15-Dec-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05-March-2015
Dear Seniors ,

I have couple of questions regarding the backgroundverification from FBI , I have downloaded the form but get confuse while filling the form .

My questions are mentioned below :

1) Residence of Person Fingure printed is this the rsidence where i lived in US or my current address .

2) Employer Address is it the address of my US organization ( Sister concern of my Indian organization) or the address of my employer in India .

3) There are many entries which we have to fill , which are unknown to me :

a) Your NO. OCA which i dont know from where i can get this number.
b) FBI NO I dont have the FBI number also , from where anyone get this
c) Armed Forces Number not sure its for me .
d) Social Security Number which i have
e) Miscellaneous number dont have any idea

4) Reason of Fingerprinted ( which i think is immegration

5) Signature of Offical taking fingure print ( which offical is supposed to take the fingure prints.

Thanks in advance for the help . @Asheef and @Future_Canadian . Please help me guys

Thanks and Regards
N

shah2014

May 1, 2014
App. Filed.......
h
@jimmy_kallarackal

You are safe if your application is received on or before 9th July (not sure abt 10th, though)

jimmy_kallarackal said:
IELTS Result expiring on july 10.. if file reaches there by june end, will they consider the result valid or they would return the file?

whips

Star Member
Nov 17, 2013
Kingston
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2014
Nomination.....
04-10-2014
Med's Request
27-10-2014
Med's Done....
07-11-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
25-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
01-12-2014
LANDED..........
01-03-2015
INDIA2CANADA.PDA said:
Hi Mehul

Thank you so much for you quick reply and guidance. As I said, I just started working on my application few days back and is appearing for IELTS on 21-Jun. I am not able to calculate the exact points since I don't have IELTS score in hand. Adding this masters will give me 1 extra point and will help if I cannot get a desired score in IELTS. That is why I am skeptical about how to go with this..

Here are my self calculated points
Experience: 15
Education :21 (I will get 22, If I can add my Masters)
IELTS: 19 required(18 required If I can add my masters)
--------------
Total :67

I am preparing for my IELTS but not sure how my score/performance would be..So little worried .. :( :-\ Thanks again..
Judging by the way you articulate your point, I have no doubt you will get the required score on the IELTS exam. Go for it!

Century

VIP Member
May 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05-2014
Nomination.....
30-07-2014
AOR Received.
09-09-2014
Med's Request
24-10-2014
Med's Done....
04-11-2014
Passport Req..
05-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-12-2014
LANDED..........
08-06-2015
jimmy_kallarackal said:
It will be valid, mate. Make sure your application reached before 10 July.

Status
Not open for further replies.