+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2014 Applicants Timeline- Lets Network Here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

shah2014

May 1, 2014
App. Filed.......
h
@ randev

While i appreciate ur methodology and time taken to find the numbers. Following are the reasons that you have not been able to find any meaningful info

1. Most probably (99.9% sure), the # of charterholders are not by NATIONALITY rather by the COUNTRY specific society they are enrolled with. The CFA website says (FIND THE CHARTERHOLDER in YOUR COUNTRY) e.g. if Indian National charterholder is working in UAE, he usually does not register with India society but with UAE society. Therefore, he will be reported under UAE. As you rightly pointed out that CFA is considered gold standard, most of the CFA holders get job in Middle East, Singapore, etc. While, they are expatriates working in these countries, their interest in moving to Canada is by no means less than those who stay in country of their nationality. In fact, it is higher as they are already used to living abroad.

2. CFA Examinations have been banned by Indian court (due to dispute over use of CFA trade mark which is also registered in India over ). Therefore, Indian investment/financial analysts obtained local CFA degree or work without earning global CFA designation.

3. Earning CFA designation is a long process (atleast 4 yrs due to work experience requirement) and tests r very competitive. Specially, those who r working in high paying Inv/Fin analysis jobs, do not find time to clear the exam (especially Level III). Canadian immigration require only 1 yr experience. Therefore, many CFA candidates are eligible to apply but they are out of your data.

4. Another, rather interesting reason is that, while many employers prefer to hire CFA in the subcontinent, they does not allow the employer to right CFA on their business card (especially if boss is not CFA himself) therefore many charterholders do not renew their membership with local society to save membership fee (not reported in country CFA charter holders). In Canada companies not only allow writing CFA on business card but also reimburse membership fee.

Therefore, lower # of CFA candidates does not mean that any country has less # of Financial / Investment analysts. The prospective immigrants in the category can be judged by the fact that it was the second category to be filled in FSW 13.

Yes, the competition for the immigrants under the category will be high not only because of the CFA Charter but also because they will have Canadian Degrees in hand and know Canadian market/economy better than the recently landed immigrant.

randev said:
Like many on this forum, I, too, am curious whether the cap for financial and investment analysts (NOC 1112) is reached or is getting to close to being reached. My gut feeling is that the number of financial and investment analysts on the FSW 2014 spreadsheet is grossly underestimating actual interest in that category. Consequently, the anticipated cap reach date for NOC 1112 of 7/17/2014 could be very well off the mark. To get a better estimate of potential applicant pool / actual interest in NOC 1112, I attempted a unique approach. ..................................Here are the number:
China's population is 1.4 billion; according to CFA institute's member directory web link, the number of CFA charter holders in China is just 2960
India's population is 1.2 billion; according to CFA institute's member directory web link, the number of CFA charter holders in India is just 1319
While Canada is the second largest country in the world in terms of land mass, its population – 35 million - is quite small. The country, however, has 14,769 CFA charter holders.
Let me put Canada's number in perspective: the US has 58,508 CFA charter holders. US' population is 318 million. Using proportions, I calculated how many CFAs Canada would have if its population were as large as the US'. For those of you who care to know, number would be 134, 186. Per capita, Canada has a much greater number of CFAs than the US!

My attempt to gauge the potential size of NOC 1112 applicants from China and India proved futile. The only conclusions that I arrived at was that these countries, despite having very large populations, have a stunningly short supply of competent investment analysts. On the other hand, Canada, despite its small population, has many CFAs. Competition for financial and investment analyst jobs in Canada is, thus, likely to be pretty intense!

TangoCharlie1234

Apr 24, 2014
India
Visa Office......
CPC M
App. Filed.......
5/24/19
randev said:
Like many on this forum, I, too, am curious whether the cap for financial and investment analysts (NOC 1112) is reached or is getting to close to being reached. My gut feeling is that the number of financial and investment analysts on the FSW 2014 spreadsheet is grossly underestimating actual interest in that category. Consequently, the anticipated cap reach date for NOC 1112 of 7/17/2014 could be very well off the mark. To get a better estimate of potential applicant pool / actual interest in NOC 1112, I attempted a unique approach. The Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) is the gold standard for Financial and Investment Analysts. The designation implies competence and mastery of a wide body of knowledge deemed critical for sound investment analysis. Many adverts for financial and investment analysts specifically say that the ideal candidate for the position will be a CFA charter holder. I Googled CFA membership directory to get a breakdown of CFA charter holders by country. The results stunned me!

Since China and India represent about half the world's population, I looked up these countries first to gauge the number of investment analysts who could potentially migrate under the FSW program. Here are the numbers:
China's population is 1.4 billion; according to CFA institute's member directory web link, the number of CFA charter holders in China is just 2960
India's population is 1.2 billion; according to CFA institute's member directory web link, the number of CFA charter holders in India is just 1319
While Canada is the second largest country in the world in terms of land mass, its population – 35 million - is quite small. The country, however, has 14,769 CFA charter holders.
Let me put Canada's number in perspective: the US has 58,508 CFA charter holders. US' population is 318 million. Using proportions, I calculated how many CFAs Canada would have if its population were as large as the US'. For those of you who care to know, number would be 134, 186. Per capita, Canada has a much greater number of CFAs than the US!

My attempt to gauge the potential size of NOC 1112 applicants from China and India proved futile. The only conclusions that I arrived at was that these countries, despite having very large populations, have a stunningly short supply of competent investment analysts. On the other hand, Canada, despite its small population, has many CFAs. Competition for financial and investment analyst jobs in Canada is, thus, likely to be pretty intense!

I agree, to me it looks like the 1000 cap would be reached anytime in 1st or 2nd week of June. So everyone needs to hurry up brothers. What say randev

kewlCanada

Jun 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
sent with applicaton
Admins,

amanuppal , CC got charged and his details are not yet updated ,
there are few more people , it would be great if spreadsheet is updated regularly,

amanuppal said:
My category code is 2174

self calculated points 74

application received on 1st May 2014

CC charged 23rd May 2014

randev

May 5, 2014
@ TangoCharlie 1234,

I agree! People need to hurry up with their applications, but as I have said before they need to make sure that they don't sacrifice accuracy.

Century

VIP Member
May 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05-2014
Nomination.....
30-07-2014
AOR Received.
09-09-2014
Med's Request
24-10-2014
Med's Done....
04-11-2014
Passport Req..
05-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-12-2014
LANDED..........
08-06-2015
cjg1987 said:
Century, Ashif Bhai,

Once again please help me on the same issue.

I found out commissioner of oath and notary public is the same thing.

Now for translation how to get affidavit done by translator in the presence of notary public? No translator seems to be doing this .

Do you know any translation agency who is willing to give affidavit also in Bangladesh?

This is important as the guide mentions for translations, translators need to make affidavit also and sign in front of a notary
There is lot of translator at Gulshan and also perform notary.You also can check here at http://immigrationvisalawyerbangladesh.com/contact.aspx

Century

VIP Member
May 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05-2014
Nomination.....
30-07-2014
AOR Received.
09-09-2014
Med's Request
24-10-2014
Med's Done....
04-11-2014
Passport Req..
05-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-12-2014
LANDED..........
08-06-2015
kewlCanada said:
Admins,

amanuppal , CC got charged and his details are not yet updated ,
there are few more people , it would be great if spreadsheet is updated regularly,
He apparently seems not interested to provide other information :( :(. I PMed him and ardently requested him to update in the spreadsheet giving entry link and describing the process.

May be he will update when he is not busy.

kewlCanada

Jun 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
sent with applicaton
it would be ok.. whatever information we have about him , just update that only..at least he will be in the list ?? and
I think there are couple of more people too
Century said:
He apparently seems not interested to provide other information :( :(. I PMed him and ardently requested him to update in the spreadsheet giving entry link and describing the process.

May be he will update when he is not busy.

ayaz123

Jan 1, 2012
ABP said:
yes same here :( but i got less in reading 5.5 dono how I messed it up so freaking annoyed at myself like overall i scored 7. like last 2 times i got 7 in all and wtf they want bull organization making money or it should be valid for 3 year at least. Gottta retake on 7 june time is running out :(
Hello Friends,

I wrote IELTS exam on 10th May, 2014 in Nairobi and was suppose to get IELTS result on 23rd May,2014.

However, British Council is not able to provide the original printed copy of result as they say there is technical issue with British council head office in UK. Once it is resolved, then will provide.

I can view my results online though.

Did any one face the same issue with British Council elsewhere ?

vallabha147

May 24, 2014
London, ON
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
07-11-2016
AOR Received.
25-11-2016, AOR 2 - 13th December 2016
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
06-12-2016
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
upfront
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
23-05-2017
VISA ISSUED...
Yes to submit passport
LANDED..........
Already landed on Visiting Visa
Hi All,

Can anyone please tell me if I want to establish relation ship with my aunt (my mother's sister), is it required to submit employment letter (because she is a housewife)?

And can anyone please tell me what are the documents are needed to be submitted to establish relationship?

PS - I know this could be a repeated question, if anyone can just send me link of the similar question asked then it would be very helpful.

Many Thanks

spensierato

Star Member
May 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 3, 2014
Doc's Request.
Not Applicable
Nomination.....
October 29, 2014
AOR Received.
Not Applicable
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
Not Applicable
Med's Request
January 30, 2015
Med's Done....
February 9, 2015
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
March 3, 3015
Hi everyone! I need help in completing the IMM5669E form. As with everyone else, my university has 2-3 months of summer/semestral break for each school year, my question is, do i need to separately account for those breaks on the personal history part of Background/Declaration form or can I just write that I am studying for my Bachelor's Degree from 2005 -06 to 2010 - 04 ? :)

Thanks in advance.

divyangpatel

Star Member
Oct 16, 2013
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
2133 (Electrical Engr)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3rd JULY 2014
Nomination.....
28th OCT 2014 (PER RECEIVED)
IELTS Request
Submited with application
File Transfer...
23 JAN 2015
Med's Request
06 FEB 2015
Med's Done....
02 MARCH 2015 & 19 JUNE 2015(New Born)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
AUG 2015
LANDED..........
Planned in FEB-2016
Will 10th certificate work or I need to make any affidavit?????????

Century said:
Last year, an applicant was rejected due to "Birth Certificate issued by High Commission of India in Mauritius not accepted by CIC"

Some applicant used 10 class certificate where his/her name, DoB, and parent's name is there. You can actually use both so that one is not accepted, other does.

TangoCharlie1234

Apr 24, 2014
India
Visa Office......
CPC M
App. Filed.......
5/24/19
spensierato said:
Hi everyone! I need help in completing the IMM5669E form. As with everyone else, my university has 2-3 months of summer/semestral break for each school year, my question is, do i need to separately account for those breaks on the personal history part of Background/Declaration form or can I just write that I am studying for my Bachelor's Degree from 2005 -06 to 2010 - 04 ? :)

Thanks in advance.
Don't worry about the breaks, just write the total duration. Good luck

shah2014

May 1, 2014
App. Filed.......
h
@spensierato

U were enrolled during the whole period, so write 2005 -06 to 2010 - 04

But how come its 5 yr program?

If its combined BS and Master u need to break it down into 2 even if u continued ur studies at same uni.

spensierato said:

Thanks in advance.

shah2014

May 1, 2014
App. Filed.......
h
@vallabha147

Your Mother's Birth Certificate

Your Aunt's Birth Certificate

Additionally u need to prove her residence in Canada, with following docs

1. Her utility bills (elect, phone etc), and house mortage/rental deed etc
2. If these bills r in name of her husband, then the Marriage Certificate
3. You can also provide employment letter of her husband (if he is employed) or any other proof of her husband's business

vallabha147 said:
Hi All,

Can anyone please tell me if I want to establish relation ship with my aunt (my mother's sister), is it required to submit employment letter (because she is a housewife)?

And can anyone please tell me what are the documents are needed to be submitted to establish relationship?

PS - I know this could be a repeated question, if anyone can just send me link of the similar question asked then it would be very helpful.

Many Thanks

cjg1987

Champion Member
May 2, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
11-11-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
Passport Req..
09-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-01-2015
Century said:
There is lot of translator at Gulshan and also perform notary.You also can check here at http://immigrationvisalawyerbangladesh.com/contact.aspx
Thanks a lot

Status
Not open for further replies.