+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2014 Applicants Timeline- Lets Network Here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

gmadhwal

Mar 28, 2014
canadasuperb said:
Yes B1 visa would do, you need invitation letter from us company and apply for visa interview in us consulate in canada.
Thank you so much. I guess I can apply for B1 even without letter from the company. As I don't want to delay the proceeding, I am planning to be a step ahead. Just in case if I have to apply using company's letter, do you have any idea how long is the procedure?

GK111

Aug 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-09-2014
Nomination.....
23-12-2014
AOR Received.
10-03-2015
Med's Request
28-03-2015
Med's Done....
17-04-2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
11-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
8-05-2015
htrak said:
I got it now. Thanks for correcting me!
Hi ..i am new to this forum but it would b very strange if CIC made such a big blunder. I think there has to be a different explanation to this. Although what the seniors r suggesting looks d most probable scenario but may b CIC is looking at overall score for giving final score. I mean like we have in IELTS final score.

Assuming that L (IELTS 6.5) = CLB 7; R (IELTS 6.5) = CLB 8; W (IELTS 7) = CLB 9; S (IELTS 7) = CLB 9.........so if we add all the CLB score and divide by 4 (7+8+9+9)/4 we would get CLB final score of 8.25 so rounded off to lower digit would mean final CLB score of 8, so and CLB 8 score mean 5 points = 5*4 = 20.

This might b d case but in any case i guess he is safe as category 1114 is still safe to apply provided CIC gives the file back in time.

canadasuperb

Star Member
Jun 6, 2013
gmadhwal said:
Thank you so much. I guess I can apply for B1 even without letter from the company. As I don't want to delay the proceeding, I am planning to be a step ahead. Just in case if I have to apply using company's letter, do you have any idea how long is the procedure?
It is a one day procedure you have to fill online DS-160 form and take interview date. Appear for the interview and they would let you right there whether you got the visa or not otherwise they will return your passport. If you got the visa you will get your passport within 3-5 business days. B1/B2 visa is all based on interview so collect as many documents you can to show it to visa officer that you are just going for training purpose and will return back to canada.

Amitraj1978

Star Member
Apr 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sss1 said:
One big positive is with your occupation as 1114, its not going to be too late. It is as cold as Canadian winters so even September may not be too late.

guys still i cant believe what has happen..i was thinking last week i should go for ielts test again to improve my score.if anything goes wrong..
now it happen...
i think if they still count my ielts test point 20 and i will resend new application some time in this month end.my experince will give me 15 points to be on total 68 points.
in my opinon they will count my experience with new application receieveing date.

zland

Star Member
Aug 9, 2014
i have received this email from WES. i send my orginal academic transaction i dont know what they need .

Please advise ASAP

Wes has received a photocopy of your academic tran****** in a Cairo university envelope. However, it was not attested. Inorder to proceed with your evaluation please have your official academic transa******. Listing all subject taken and grade obtained. Attested and send directly to WES by the institution attended.
Transacript must arrive in an envelope bearing the institution official stamp

___

Star Member
Jul 21, 2014
Visa Office......
FSW:HK/CEC:Ottawa
NOC Code......
FSW:2133/CEC:2174
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2014.7.16/2014.10.16
AOR Received.
2014.11.27/2015.02.17
File Transfer...
2014.12.17/Withdrawn
Med's Request
2015/03/26/Withdrawn
Med's Done....
2015/03/30/Withdrawn
Passport Req..
2015.5.12/Withdrawn
VISA ISSUED...
2015.5.21/Withdrawn
LANDED..........
2015.7.15/Withdrawn
nskatcv said:
Amitraj

Although the news is sad, but your situation is not. You do have enough points and your NOC is not going to fill anytime soon, nor will the overall cap.

I will go as far as saying that you needn't even send a second application. CIC already has everything you need to send them, and they are the ones who need to correct their mistake.

You have your UCI number, just contact them and let them know what the mistake is and ask them to rectify it.

Move it man. Don't say all is lost, because nothing really has. All you need is to contact CIC.

Regards
@ Amitraj
first of all, so sad about your mishap.
but it's not over for you even i understand this setback is greatly disturbing and upsetting...
i remember i read it right under this topic many pages before, someone said he emailed CIC about their mistake and successfully corrected them and got his case moving forward.
i'm not sure what situation that case was, but if my memory serves me right, it should be something similar to your case. i mean it is definitely something wrong on CIC's side.
so don't just give up and start to be only upset. write an email and point out their mistake. i think it will work.
but meanwhile, just to secure your chance. prepare for another application, and reapply again. definitely you can reach the cap under your NOC.
people in CIC may be stupid, but Canada is still beautiful. Don't blame CIC's fault by giving up the opportunity of catching your possible chance of living in Canada.
Good luck.

Aug 12, 2014
Hello Everyone,

Just wanted to get some advice from you in regards to my FSW 2014 application. I'm a citizen of India, but I currently work & reside in the USA on an L1 Visa. I submitted my FSW 2014 application during the first week of May & found that my credit card was charged yesterday. However, I now realize that I have filled in the Visa processing center as Los Angeles instead of CPC-Ottawa in my Generic form. I'm confused on what I should do now. I'm pretty sure they would have reviewed this information before charging my card, BUT I also understand that they can revoke the charge anytime due to this fault of mine. Should I send an email to them requesting them to forward my application to CPC-Ottawa? Would they even do it? Or should I leave it as is, since I read in one of the posts that another friend did the same mistake but his file was transferred to CPC-Ottawa even before his email was responded to? I understand this is a serious negligence from side, but is there a way to even correct it now? Pls let me know.

Thanks in advance!

Goku

VIP Member
Jan 13, 2014
Category........
hellfreezesover said:
Hello Everyone,

Just wanted to get some advice from you in regards to my FSW 2014 application. I'm a citizen of India, but I currently work & reside in the USA on an L1 Visa. I submitted my FSW 2014 application during the first week of May & found that my credit card was charged yesterday. However, I now realize that I have filled in the Visa processing center as Los Angeles instead of CPC-Ottawa in my Generic form. I'm confused on what I should do now. I'm pretty sure they would have reviewed this information before charging my card, BUT I also understand that they can revoke the charge anytime due to this fault of mine. Should I send an email to them requesting them to forward my application to CPC-Ottawa? Would they even do it? Or should I leave it as is, since I read in one of the posts that another friend did the same mistake but his file was transferred to CPC-Ottawa even before his email was responded to? I understand this is a serious negligence from side, but is there a way to even correct it now? Pls let me know.

Thanks in advance!
Don't worry they would have made changes to CPC-O from LAVO. They only charge if they find your application complete. Your file will be transferred & processed at CPC-O if you receive PER.

Amitraj1978

Star Member
Apr 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
GK111 said:
Hi ..i am new to this forum but it would b very strange if CIC made such a big blunder. I think there has to be a different explanation to this. Although what the seniors r suggesting looks d most probable scenario but may b CIC is looking at overall score for giving final score. I mean like we have in IELTS final score.

Assuming that L (IELTS 6.5) = CLB 7; R (IELTS 6.5) = CLB 8; W (IELTS 7) = CLB 9; S (IELTS 7) = CLB 9.........so if we add all the CLB score and divide by 4 (7+8+9+9)/4 we would get CLB final score of 8.25 so rounded off to lower digit would mean final CLB score of 8, so and CLB 8 score mean 5 points = 5*4 = 20.

This might b d case but in any case i guess he is safe as category 1114 is still safe to apply provided CIC gives the file back in time.
its confusing to get how cic calcualted my points..i was thinking in same way as you mention.but i dont know if i go again for test in desperation to get better score.it can be more below par thn.

i am now putting my totol weigh on my experince points to be 15.as i complete 6 years on 03 august in my present role..
one more thing.i will send my app in next 10 days.thn again waiting period of over 3 months to know new shocks

tknova

Apr 26, 2014
Amitraj1978 said:
its confusing to get how cic calcualted my points..i was thinking in same way as you mention.but i dont know if i go again for test in desperation to get better score.it can be more below par thn.

i am now putting my totol weigh on my experince points to be 15.as i complete 6 years on 03 august in my present role..
one more thing.i will send my app in next 10 days.thn again waiting period of over 3 months to know new shocks
Have you tried contacting CIC regarding your result? I think you should make an all out attempt to contact them and if it doesnt work out resend app with same docs.

Aug 12, 2014
@Goku, thanks so much for your speedy response. That does make me feel a lot better! Well I haven't received my PER yet & as you said, I'll know they changed it to CPC-Ottawa if in fact I do receive my PER someday. Do you suggest I email them nevertheless?

Amitraj1978

Star Member
Apr 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tknova said:
Have you tried contacting CIC regarding your result? I think you should make an all out attempt to contact them and if it doesnt work out resend app with same docs.
ya buddy i already reply to officer who send that schoking email.i also reply to inquiry cic.i also attached my ielts test copy and my own calculation.
god knows they are checking email replies or not.

mean time i starts looking for fresh docs for new app.

dream16

Star Member
Dec 11, 2013
New York City
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
2171, 2174
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-05-2014
IELTS Request
Completed
File Transfer...
29-09-2014
Med's Request
11-10-2014
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
July 2015 (became PR)
So how much is my IELTS score ? I got:

Listening = 7.5
Speaking = 7.5
Reading = 7.0
Writing = 7.0

:-[ :-[ :-[

Goku

VIP Member
Jan 13, 2014
Category........
hellfreezesover said:
@ Goku, thanks so much for your speedy response. That does make me feel a lot better! Well I haven't received my PER yet & as you said, I'll know they changed it to CPC-Ottawa if in fact I do receive my PER someday. Do you suggest I email them nevertheless?
That wont matter as you will receive response after 40-45 days, and by that time you would have received PER. Do you mind sharing your timeline ?

dream16

Star Member
Dec 11, 2013
New York City
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
2171, 2174
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......