+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2014 Applicants Timeline- Lets Network Here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

k_b

May 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05-2014
Med's Request
03-09-2014
Med's Done....
15-10-2014
Passport Req..
23-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
19-03-2015
Oscar7 said:
WOW! I really like that BOLD answer. I actually LOVE it. Sometimes I am blown away by the kind of very basic questions asked here in the forum (and people actually respond to it). I often wondered if it's just me who thinks this way, but looks like it's more than just me who thinks like that!!! Not sure why people need someone else to give the answer that they already know, is that a case of lack of confidence? Is that a personality trait? Can't really call this human nature really!!

Whatever it is, it is quite hilarious to see such posts, time and again. By all means ask, but as 18+ the expectation from adults would be to put in some effort themselves before asking for basic stuff. :)

PS - BTW, someone didn't like my saying this. I already got a -1 for expressing my opinion. Not that I wasn't expecting it, LMAO!!! ;D
Bro you have so many +1s ---> :D :D :D Even i gave you one +1

-1s are not even visible unless someone visits your profile :p :p

k_b

May 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05-2014
Med's Request
03-09-2014
Med's Done....
15-10-2014
Passport Req..
23-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
19-03-2015
Totally agreed.... Keep helping broz....
nskatcv said:
I want to agree with you too, but that would render this forum useless for the most part. I believe almost all questions asked here are already been answered by CIC on their website. In fact the only difference between "seniors" and the newbies is that the seniors have taken time to go through the CIC guidelines more carefully than others.

Having said that, there is nevertheless an element of experience which takes pressure away from most people, when they see someone saying "don't worry, I also did the same way, I got through".

And then of course some tricks of the trade like format of affidavits, letters, where to get them, etc comes handy for people venturing in for the first time.

And of course, some people might not even be that deft at browsing official websites than logging in to chat forums. It could be anything behind a question.

Regards

harit79

Aug 5, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cjg1987 said:
Hi

As far as I know the minimum threshold set by the minister for Spouse's language abilities is 4 (for all the abilities)

Check your Reading Score and read the guide again please .

Thanks
Here is the link
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-language-skills.html

olivus

Star Member
Jun 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Cardsman said:
Hi All,

I am a 7th May applicant and just called my bank to check if my DD payable to CIC had been charged or not? Unfortunately it is still outstanding. I suspect my application package is being returned to me since now they have moved to 8th May Applicants. I am currently visiting family back home and will not get to UK where I currently live till the first week of August.

I have a UCI reference that I got when I applied last year but my application was returned due to cap already being reached. My question to the fellow forum members is that is there a number that I can call CIC on to check the status of my current application and the reason if it is being returned to me?

Please comment.

You can use the same UCI to check your status at ECAS online.

patecole

Star Member
Jul 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-06-2014
Nomination.....
17-10-2014
IELTS Request
Sent With Application
Med's Request
01-04-2015
Med's Done....
07-04-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
02-07-2015
Punjab2Canada said:
Which bank debit card was it? & was it visa, mastercard or some other brand?
And name of counrty/bank that issued the debit card

ramgarhia

May 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-03-2014
Nomination.....
11-04-2014
AOR Received.
22-04-2014
Med's Request
20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-04-2015 (3rd line 12-05-2015) (DM 26-05-2015)
Passport Req..
Soon 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Soon 2015
LANDED..........
Definitely 2015
Punjab2Canada said:
Which bank debit card was it? & was it visa, mastercard or some other brand?
It is VISA.

kollins

Champion Member
Jan 8, 2014
Lagos-Nigeria.
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
2113(Geoscientist)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-2014
Doc's Request.
IMM5406,IMM5669&PCC.
Nomination.....
May,2014
AOR Received.
May,2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
File Transfer...
May,2014
Med's Request
October,2014
Med's Done....
November,2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
November,2014
VISA ISSUED...
November,2014
LANDED..........
Oscar7 said:
I know what you mean, bro!!

I am all about asking and sharing information, and that is why I am here in this forum at this time. There are a lot of "gray" areas and then as you rightly pointed out there are areas where people with more experience can share. Those are both valuable "gems" of being part of this great group! :)
;D :D ;D :D ;D

yana_kab

May 28, 2014
ramgarhia said:
It is VISA.
I used VISA too. Internation debit card VISA, issued by Raiffeisen bank, Bulgaria. It contained the necessary debit amount, necessary payment limits that suits 1100 CAD.
All was OK. CIC managed to charge the card from the first attemp. I am sorry that you had problems.

Jaxon911

Champion Member
Jun 18, 2014
London, UK
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
PR App 2014-06-23 & Citizenship App Filed in Aug 2022
Oscar7 said:
WOW! I really like that BOLD answer. I actually LOVE it. Sometimes I am blown away by the kind of very basic questions asked here in the forum (and people actually respond to it). I often wondered if it's just me who thinks this way, but looks like it's more than just me who thinks like that!!! Not sure why people need someone else to give the answer that they already know, is that a case of lack of confidence? Is that a personality trait? Can't really call this human nature really!!

Whatever it is, it is quite hilarious to see such posts, time and again. By all means ask, but as 18+ the expectation from adults would be to put in some effort themselves before asking for basic stuff. :)

PS - BTW, someone didn't like my saying this. I already got a -1 for expressing my opinion. Not that I wasn't expecting it, LMAO!!! ;D
Glad to hear that at least someone liked my response. I did see responses from few other members suggesting that it's better to answer very basic questions, however I would politely disagree with them for following reasons:

- It's bad for the forum in general. More the forum gets loaded with trivial information which is generally easy to find on Google, less useful it becomes because it becomes much hard to find information about things which are generally difficult to find on Google.
- It's bad for the person asking question. We're making them less self-reliant which they need to be if they wish to succeed in migrating overseas.
- It's bad for person answering. I am sure everyone here like myself would like to help other members in best possible manner, however this does not negate the fact that everyone's time like myself is valuable. Answering questions which practically not helping anyone (forum, person asking and answering) is waste of time and resources.

Repetitive information on forum is negatively affecting the value that it's providing.

All said, I am fairly new here and not very much active so tell me, how does on get a +1 or -1?

patecole

Star Member
Jul 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-06-2014
Nomination.....
17-10-2014
IELTS Request
Sent With Application
Med's Request
01-04-2015
Med's Done....
07-04-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
02-07-2015
yana_kab said:
I used VISA too. Internation debit card VISA, issued by Raiffeisen bank, Bulgaria. It contained the necessary debit amount, necessary payment limits that suits 1100 CAD.
All was OK. CIC managed to charge the card from the first attemp. I am sorry that you had problems.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :D :D :D

jpn

Jun 26, 2014
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-07-2014 PER................: 12-11-2014
Med's Request
19-01-2015
Passport Req..
25-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
20-02-2015
LANDED..........
22-08-2015
ramgarhia said:
Man i had personal experience. that is what i am saying. 2nd time i gone with DD and got success. Rest you people go with international Debit Cards. It will not hurt me if your applications returns. It is only my advise.
Rest is your's wish. I cant do anything in that.
guys,
why are we playing ping-pong with this Debit card issue. bury the hatchet and use DD the safest payment option.

TPear

May 2, 2014
Guys I am confused! Form IMM0008 is asking about Visa Office. I checked the Canadian Visa Office table and there are two columns : Application for Permanent resident visa and Application for Temporary Resident visa. Which one should I select? in my case there are two different countries responsible for these different types of visa.

Shakiratu

Star Member
Apr 22, 2014
Lagos
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-07-2014
Nomination.....
04-11-2014
Med's Request
18-05-2015
Med's Done....
23-05-2015
Passport Req..
11-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
18-06-2015
patricia08 said:
Quick question, what is the difference of DD and CC in FEE METHOD? Thanks!!
DD means Demand Draft which is payment by a Bank Draft or Managers Cheque

CC means Credit Card

maddyphysio

Star Member
May 26, 2014
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
--
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05-2014
Nomination.....
PER : 11 August
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Done....
Med Done
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Waiting for it..
VISA ISSUED...
By God's Grace Very Soon
Seniors

My CC got charged on 30 June..

I have UCI number of last year so how many days it will take to change my "ECAS" ??

Please help me.. Thanks in Advance..

solomonwise

Jun 10, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jaxon911 said:
Glad to hear that at least someone liked my response. I did see responses from few other members suggesting that it's better to answer very basic questions, however I would politely disagree with them for following reasons:

- It's bad for the forum in general. More the forum gets loaded with trivial information which is generally easy to find on Google, less useful it becomes because it becomes much hard to find information about things which are generally difficult to find on Google.
- It's bad for the person asking question. We're making them less self-reliant which they need to be if they wish to succeed in migrating overseas.
- It's bad for person answering. I am sure everyone here like myself would like to help other members in best possible manner, however this does not negate the fact that everyone's time like myself is valuable. Answering questions which practically not helping anyone (forum, person asking and answering) is waste of time and resources.

Repetitive information on forum is negatively affecting the value that it's providing.

All said, I am fairly new here and not very much active so tell me, how does on get a +1 or -1?
I have to agree with you really. It is appalling to see "skilled workers" ask such basic questions. It is entirely different if they ask just to be sure that they are not missing anything out but the of quantum of information available on the internet even with the information available on this thread (owing to questions answered in the past) leaves one in doubt if the questions were out of genuine quest to be sure or just sheer laziness in exhibition.

Status
Not open for further replies.