+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2014 applicants from Nigeria - Let's network

abiola1

Oct 24, 2014
Doyinata said:
Congratulations Ijeree.
I have been very quiet but have gained a lot from this forum. More out of shyness.
First I will like to thank God for his faithfulness and for his goodness in all things. I will like to thank Pipi's husband for starting this forum and even though he has landed he is always here for all of us proffering advise. Thank you very much. My thanks go to all the contributors who are too many to mention but who selflessly gave advises and offered one thing or the other. God bless you all. You will always find help in time of need. Before you ask God will raise helpers to help you. Of course for the humor and keeping it real I need to thank guyman. Thanks Neyobash, thanks thorndike. Thanks everyone you know yourselves. And as for those waiting for MR updates or PPR the Lord who started this good thing will perfect it. Someone earlier said delay is not denial. I believe this. Shouts of joy will be heard in your camps. And when we get to Canada it will be well with us all. We will do exploits. We will not regret taking this bold step. We will be blessed and we will be sources of blessings to everyone who meet us. Our hopes will not be truncated. The best has not yet started for all of us. We will not die young. We will prosper and progress in good health. No evil will befall us. Amen

Time line
NOC 0111
Application received - 27/10/2014
PER received - 27/01/2015
Medical request - 21/07/2015
Medical done - 24/07/2015
Passport request - 01/03/2016
Passport sent - 09/03/2016
Pick-up email - 17/03/2016
ECAS online status - Decision made

Unibadan

Aug 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-12-2014
Doc's Request.
Waived
Nomination.....
PER 09-04-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
Med's Request
soon
Med's Done....
soon
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
soon
VISA ISSUED...
soon
LANDED..........
I would like to use this opportunity to tell every expectant of MR to please check their ECAS. If there is a change of status in your ECAS (We sent you medical instructions on (date). To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.), kindly tell us in the forum for the purpose of awareness so we can raise CSE (if necessary) for those that are yet to get theirs.

One love!

Mabertia

Nov 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-11-2014
Med's Done....
07-09-2015
Passport Req..
21-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2016
LANDED..........
29-07-2016
Congrats teewee2015

teewee2015 said:
Alhamdulilah, it has actually ended in praise.
Got the DECISION MADE update on ECAS yesterday and few hours later, the pick-up email landed in my email box.

Below once again is the timeline:

Application received - 20/10/2014
PER received - 22/01/2015
Medical request - 17/07/2015
Medical done - 28/07/2015
RPRF request - 17/07/2015
Passport request - 02/03/2016
Passport request sent - 15/03/2016
Pick-up email - 29/03/2016

Thanks to all for your support

Guyman1234

Dec 5, 2014
Lasgidi
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-09-2014
Doc's Request.
06-07-2015 (salary payments & pof)
Nomination.....
05-01-2015
Med's Request
28-07-2015
Med's Done....
04-08-2015
Interview........
Didn't happen
Passport Req..
29-02-2016 / 11-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-03-2016
LANDED..........
26/07/16
abiola1 said:
I have been very quiet but have gained a lot from this forum. More out of shyness.
First I will like to thank God for his faithfulness and for his goodness in all things. I will like to thank Pipi's husband for starting this forum and even though he has landed he is always here for all of us proffering advise. Thank you very much. My thanks go to all the contributors who are too many to mention but who selflessly gave advises and offered one thing or the other. God bless you all. You will always find help in time of need. Before you ask God will raise helpers to help you. Of course for the humor and keeping it real I need to thank guyman. Thanks Neyobash, thanks thorndike. Thanks everyone you know yourselves. And as for those waiting for MR updates or PPR the Lord who started this good thing will perfect it. Someone earlier said delay is not denial. I believe this. Shouts of joy will be heard in your camps. And when we get to Canada it will be well with us all. We will do exploits. We will not regret taking this bold step. We will be blessed and we will be sources of blessings to everyone who meet us. Our hopes will not be truncated. The best has not yet started for all of us. We will not die young. We will prosper and progress in good health. No evil will befall us. Amen

Time line
NOC 0111

Shout out to you mko abiola. So you fit write long epistles like this, you come stay silent in our moments of worries. Anyways Shey u don collect your passport back from Accra ?

Mabertia

Nov 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-11-2014
Med's Done....
07-09-2015
Passport Req..
21-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2016
LANDED..........
29-07-2016
Congratulations ijeree

ijeree said:
Hi All,
I am a Nov 2014 FSW applicant and have been a quiet member on this forum.
I have benefitted immensely from all your contributions.
All praises be to God! I received PPR and COA mails yesterday evening.

Please, how do I access these forms;
IMM5669
IMM5406
IMM0008

How do I also pay the Right of Permanent Residence Fees? Is it $490 for each adult?

Thank you.

My timeline:
Application Received - Nov. 28, 2014
Processed - Jan 31, 2015
File transfer - Feb 16, 2015
MR - Sep 14, 2015
PPR and COA - March 29, 2016

Mabertia

Nov 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-11-2014
Med's Done....
07-09-2015
Passport Req..
21-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2016
LANDED..........
29-07-2016
Welcome abiola1 and congratulations on your visa and pickup mail.

abiola1 said:

Time line
NOC 0111

ijeree

Mar 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2014
AOR Received.
16-02-2015
IELTS Request
Included in Application
Med's Request
14-09-2015
Med's Done....
20-09-2015
Passport Req..
29-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
14-04-2016
LANDED..........
20-07-2016
Thank you so much @ Pipis husband.
God bless you

bolaopemire

Aug 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-2014
AOR Received.
02-02-2015
Med's Request
21-07-2015
Med's Done....
13-08-2015
Passport Req..
10-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-03-2016
LANDED..........
08-06-2016
Sisi mee said:
Congratulations to everyone with a positive update. As for those that are still expectant, He who has started a good work will surely complete it. I also want to use this opportunity to Thank God for his faithfulness through this application process and also thank you to everyone that supported and encourage me.
This bible verse kept ringing in my heart as I waited for almost 2 years-He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the human heart; yet no one can fathom what God has done from beginning to end.New International Version

Another version says- [i]It is beautiful how God has done everything at the right time. He has put a sense of eternity in people's minds. Yet, mortals still can't grasp what God is doing from the beginning to the end [of time].[/i]GOD'S WORD® Translation

I thank God again as this application process ended in Praise.
Great is the LORD's faithfulness, congratulations sisi mee

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
Hello all, another wonderful period of updates. Wow, my inbox is full with good news and enquiries. For the benefit of all those who are just getting PPR, have received COPR and those set to travel, please see this set of instructions pulled from CIC website;

Crossing the border: documents you need
Prepare your documents with care
If you wish to enter Canada, there are documents you must have in order to cross the border. Without these documents, you will not be allowed into Canada.

You may also need many of the other documents listed below.

Essential documents
To enter Canada, you will need to present the following:

•A Canadian immigrant visa (if applicable) and Confirmation of Permanent Residence for each family member traveling with you
•A valid passport or other travel document for each family member traveling with you
•Two (2) copies of a detailed list of all the personal or household items you are bringing with you
•Two (2) copies of a list of items that are arriving later and their money value
Do not pack these documents in your luggage. Keep them with you at all times (preferably in an inner pocket).

Before you arrive, you should prepare two copies of a list (preferably typed) of all the goods you intend to bring into Canada as settler’s effects, showing the value, make, model and serial number, if the item has one. Divide the list into two sections: the goods you are bringing with you and the goods to follow Goods to follow, your stuff which you arrange to come later thas cargo/freight is more important. Giving them this list and getting your copy stamped guarantees you won't be charged any duty on them.

Present this list to the border services officer on your first point of arrival in Canada, even if you are not bringing in any goods at that time. Anything that comes later that is not on this list may attract import duty

You can make the process easier by completing a B4 form in advance and presenting it to the officer when you arrive. Visit the Canada Border Services Agency website to download a copy of the Form B4, Personal Effects Accounting Documents (PDF, 1.95 MB). In my case, I just used a simple excel sheet I designed my self. The customs official copied the items on my excel sheet onto their print out, stamped one copy and gave to me and retained the other for their records

Disclosure of funds
If you are carrying more than CAN $10,000, tell a Canadian official when you arrive in Canada. If you do not, you may be fined, and your funds could be seized. These funds could be in the form of:

•cash,
•securities that belong to you (for example, stocks, bonds, debentures, treasury bills) This has become a bone of contention for landing immigrants and Immigration officials at the airport. Most of them are rejecting non-Canadian securities as they don't recognise/understand these instruments. To save your self headache and possible deportation, just convert your securities to cash and bring or place in your bank account and land with your bank statement. At least, everybody can read bank account statement,
•bankers’ drafts, cheques, travelers’ cheques or money orders.
Find out more about your responsibilities to disclose funds either before you leave or once you arrive in Canada.

Health documentation
Children in Canada are vaccinated—also called immunized—beginning when they are newborns. Vaccinations help to prevent serious infections or diseases.

When you travel to Canada, bring official documents that state what vaccinations you and your family have already had. If you or your child has not been vaccinated, call your doctor or local public health clinic right away.

In Canada, immunization or vaccination records are required for children to enroll in school. Please look for all your kids immunisation records. If they are not up to date, get them sorted out and get their cards updated accordingly.

Other documents you may need:
•Birth certificates or baptismal certificates
•Marriage certificates
•Adoption, separation or divorce papers
•School records, diplomas or degrees for each family member traveling with you
•Trade or professional certificates and licences
•Letters of reference from former employers
•A list of your educational and professional qualifications and job experience (for your résumé)
•Driver’s licence, including an International Driver’s Permit and a reference from your auto insurance company
•Photocopies of all essential and important documents, in case the originals get lost (be sure to keep the photocopies in a separate place from the originals)
•Car registration documents (if you are importing a motor vehicle into Canada)
Customs declaration card
Before you arrive in Canada, you may be asked to complete a Customs Declaration Card. You must complete this card before you meet with customs and immigration officials, even if you are not a Canadian citizen. If you are traveling by air, it is a good idea to complete the card before you leave the airplane.

What to declare
Use the Customs Declaration Card to declare the following:

•Any items that you must pay duty on, including alcohol, tobacco and gifts that you are bringing in to Canada
•Any business goods, plants, food, animals, firearms or other weapons that you are bringing into Canada
•Any amount of money more than CDN $10,000 that you are bringing into Canada
Do not use this form to list the personal and household goods that you are bringing with you or are following you to Canada. You will show your lists of those items separately to a customs officer.

Declare all items
If you do not tell an official that you are carrying items that should be declared, you may be fined or put in prison. The money you declare can be in the form of cash, securities in bearer form (for example, stocks, bonds, debentures or treasury bills) or negotiable instruments in bearer form (for example, bank drafts, cheques, travellers cheques or money orders).

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/newcomers/before-border.asp

All the best to you as you prepare for the great life ahead.

Ebe

Star Member
Sep 7, 2015
Ibadan
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19/12/2014
Doc's Request.
sent all requested document
Nomination.....
11/03/2015
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
waiting
I learnt something from this forum and that is the fact that there is good in Nigerians and Nigeria. Let's keep up this spirit as I'm sure God will continue to bless us all.For all MR awaiting applicants buckle your seat belts its coming and Lolesky and Luvuma you are next.

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
abiola1 said:

Time line
NOC 0111
Hi abiola1 and congratulations. It's always great to know we have more of us geting set to come and do exploits here. Glad to know the PR processing journey is over for you and look forward to hearing of your landing.

omolara.ayanda

Jun 29, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2014
Doc's Request.
11-08-2014
Nomination.....
09-02-2014
IELTS Request
submitted with application
Med's Request
15-09-2015
Med's Done....
01-10-2015
Interview........
waived by his grace
Passport Req..
30/03/2016
VISA ISSUED...
18/04/2016
LANDED..........
July 2016
Help me praise God for he is good to me and my family. our PPR dropped some few minutes ago. Wow! what a feeling. I pray for all those awaiting MR and PPR it will come sooner than expected IJN.

layorh12

Star Member
Dec 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-11-2014
AOR Received.
09-02-2015
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
13-08-2015
Med's Done....
27-08-2015
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
05-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
19-02-2016
LANDED..........
June 2016
Congrats @Omolara......God is faithful oo!

omolara.ayanda said:
Help me praise God for he is good to me and my family. our PPR dropped some few minutes ago. Wow! what a feeling. I pray for all those awaiting MR and PPR it will come sooner than expected IJN.

ShollyPee

Star Member
Jul 2, 2014
Lagos
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12 Nov 2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
N/A
IELTS Request
Additional Doc Request; POF 13 Aug 2015
File Transfer...
04 Feb 2015
Med's Request
19 August 2015
Med's Done....
31 August 2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
03 March 2016
VISA ISSUED...
16 March 2016
thorndike4u said:
Join me in thanking baba God who never fails His children once he starts a thing.
I am happy to announce that my PPR is here.

Yaaaay.......... Am so excited for you my thorndike........This is God at work..........Am so happy. God is indeed too faithful to fail, he is dependable and he is more than enough......Oluwa is truly involved....

maggiforever

Star Member
Aug 21, 2010
IBADAN
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2014
Doc's Request.
NOT APPLICABLE
Nomination.....
04-12-2014
AOR Received.
04-12-2014
IELTS Request
SENT WITH APPLICATION
Med's Request
22-06-2015
Med's Done....
07-07-2015
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
26-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
14-03-2016
LANDED..........
28th May 2016
omolara.ayanda said:
I join you and your family in praising God.