NONE
Passport Req..
12-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
04/09/2015
LANDED..........
05/02/2016
Kayb said:
Hearty congratulations to those with recent updates, I pray we all dance to a new song very soon ijn. For those travelling soon and needs good tickets. I was able to get tickets for December for my family of 5 on British Airways to Edmonton Alberta for just 1.2million. The cheapest so far cos of the distance of Edmonton is 1.1m on Ethiopia airline but this particular agent got me BA to my surprise for that amount. He also allow you to pay as u have the cash not paying a lump sum, he will only take 40k per person to reserve your ticket then u must balance up 2weeks to departure , in my case I have 3months to pay up.
He runs a UK registered coy with partnership with BA so he can easily gets discounts for his clients. September is the best time to book. A friend got 580k family of two to Calgary, If you need his contact send me a pm. I just thought to share
Goodluck to everyone
Kayb
. Thanks Kayb for sharing.

ebonnie

Star Member
Mar 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
oct 21,2014
Nomination.....
7th march,2015
Med's Request
18/07/2015
Med's Done....
22/07/2015
Passport Req..
24/02/2016
VISA ISSUED...
9/03/2016
bolaopemire said:
@ ebonnie, our timeline and NOC codes are close o, God will soon give us reason to shout powerful halleluyah on this platform. Amen
Amen oooo,thanks bro! We pray they perform this week....

thorndike4u

Aug 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2014
Doc's Request.
02-07-2015 (received by AVO on 27-07-2015)
Nomination.....
02-01-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted
File Transfer...
17-12-2014
Med's Request
02-07-2015
Med's Done....
07-07-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
29-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
05-04-2016
LANDED..........
07 May 2016
Pipis Husband said:
Hi, guys, big congrats to all with recent updates. The journey so far has been good and God has been faithful. :)

I had an interesting chat today in one of the chat groups and felt I should share my thoughts from that chat with you all here on this larger platform. Hope you find it helpful as you prepare to come over to Canada;

Certification not important here as much as soft skills. It's good but not a big deal here as we have CEOs here with no degrees but who rose through the ranks. It's experience and the ability to 'fit' that matters so please prepare mentally and don't compare your self to others when you land.
Face your own path, ask questions, make informed choices. There are people who land and get job after 4 weeks and others who get job after 10 months. Don't be discouraged by this but be focused. Canada will test you and only those still standing after the test will smile. The opportunities are here just prepare. Some asked, 'for bankers, what do we do to get those jobs'? There's no formula other than choosing what you want and going for it thru preparation, research and effort. For bankers, you'll need to look into the CSC and IFC certifications, Google them.

Another person asked if bankers can pursue PMP to gain an entry into banking industry here. Well, bankers don't need PMP here as that's a different profession altogether. This is not like Nigeria where one person will do four or five different certifications. They (Canadians) see foreigners here with different certifications as unfocused and unreliable employees. If you are a shoe, please be a shoe and not also a pant. That's the truth.
So please don't waste your time chasing papers. Research one path, face that one and establish your self there, www.dat's all.

My bro KSA chose to go towards Lean management profession and channeled his energy in that direction. He has focused his job search in that area.
Soon, he will see results and be settled, amen. Same goes for kollins who's pursuing his passion in his own way.
I left my accounting degree and banking/internal audit experience behind to face Business Analysis here. I did my research back home and trained in it when I landed privately. Getting a job is not automatic for everybody, it's a gradual process. I'm just getting interviews calls after 3 months, God be praised. I may not be the best but I'm also not the worst. I stayed confident and focused.

The point is do your homework, be prepared and stay focused with patience. If you are the hurrying type, please Canada is not for you. This place, you will see 'something' if you don't calm down.
So husbands, please love your wife when you get here. Wives, please love your husbands. Couples, support each other truly and truly when you get here. Singles, please face your front squarely once you land. Everyone should note that 'counting bridge' is very expensive here, it drains POF.
When you start earning dollars, you can loosen up and flex a bit. Don't pay attention to pressure from home.

People will be asking you, 'how far? Have you settled down? Do you have job yet?' Just ignore those annoying questions. Nobody asks the tree if it has fruit, you will see it when time is right. Of course it's is good to ask after those who have traveled but do it 'with sense' or sensibly. People are passing through great things here so respect them and respect your self. Be sensitive and ask questions sensitively. In Canada, they don't like direct questions, I mean true Canadians so begin to learn the culture.

We do things here 'with sense'. When you get an answer to your questions, read between the lines and face your front. No need to be looking for details. It's really not your business how anyone is doing. As also said by KSA, the race is not a sprint but jeje, do your marathon and maintain your lane.

Final note, pray... pray and pray. It is God that settles us here, not friends or relatives or chat group or forum.
I wish you all the best as you search yourselves and prepare to come, God bless. Kindly share this with others :)

P.s. If you send me a PM and I'm slow to respond, please bear with me. I'm 'settling down' and will get back to you when I can ;) ;)
Wowza PH. Thanks for sharing. Lol at the part that says 'we do things here WITH SENSE...' Any man wey no use sense hin body go phone am na. Hehehe. But I believe all of us here have sense to have chosen this path including those doing fine in their places of work but decided to sacrifice it for greener pastures. Any seconder?

thorndike4u

Aug 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2014
Doc's Request.
02-07-2015 (received by AVO on 27-07-2015)
Nomination.....
02-01-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted
File Transfer...
17-12-2014
Med's Request
02-07-2015
Med's Done....
07-07-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
29-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
05-04-2016
LANDED..........
07 May 2016
Kayb said:
Hearty congratulations to those with recent updates, I pray we all dance to a new song very soon ijn. For those travelling soon and needs good tickets. I was able to get tickets for December for my family of 5 on British Airways to Edmonton Alberta for just 1.2million. The cheapest so far cos of the distance of Edmonton is 1.1m on Ethiopia airline but this particular agent got me BA to my surprise for that amount. He also allow you to pay as u have the cash not paying a lump sum, he will only take 40k per person to reserve your ticket then u must balance up 2weeks to departure , in my case I have 3months to pay up.
He runs a UK registered coy with partnership with BA so he can easily gets discounts for his clients. September is the best time to book. A friend got 580k family of two to Calgary, If you need his contact send me a pm. I just thought to share
Goodluck to everyone
Kayb
Thanks Kayb for sharing

Dotsngr

Nov 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pipis Husband said:
Hi, guys, big congrats to all with recent updates. The journey so far has been good and God has been faithful. :)

I had an interesting chat today in one of the chat groups and felt I should share my thoughts from that chat with you all here on this larger platform. Hope you find it helpful as you prepare to come over to Canada;

Certification not important here as much as soft skills. It's good but not a big deal here as we have CEOs here with no degrees but who rose through the ranks. It's experience and the ability to 'fit' that matters so please prepare mentally and don't compare your self to others when you land.
Face your own path, ask questions, make informed choices. There are people who land and get job after 4 weeks and others who get job after 10 months. Don't be discouraged by this but be focused. Canada will test you and only those still standing after the test will smile. The opportunities are here just prepare. Some asked, 'for bankers, what do we do to get those jobs'? There's no formula other than choosing what you want and going for it thru preparation, research and effort. For bankers, you'll need to look into the CSC and IFC certifications, Google them.

Another person asked if bankers can pursue PMP to gain an entry into banking industry here. Well, bankers don't need PMP here as that's a different profession altogether. This is not like Nigeria where one person will do four or five different certifications. They (Canadians) see foreigners here with different certifications as unfocused and unreliable employees. If you are a shoe, please be a shoe and not also a pant. That's the truth.
So please don't waste your time chasing papers. Research one path, face that one and establish your self there, www.dat's all.

My bro KSA chose to go towards Lean management profession and channeled his energy in that direction. He has focused his job search in that area.
Soon, he will see results and be settled, amen. Same goes for kollins who's pursuing his passion in his own way.
I left my accounting degree and banking/internal audit experience behind to face Business Analysis here. I did my research back home and trained in it when I landed privately. Getting a job is not automatic for everybody, it's a gradual process. I'm just getting interviews calls after 3 months, God be praised. I may not be the best but I'm also not the worst. I stayed confident and focused.

The point is do your homework, be prepared and stay focused with patience. If you are the hurrying type, please Canada is not for you. This place, you will see 'something' if you don't calm down.
So husbands, please love your wife when you get here. Wives, please love your husbands. Couples, support each other truly and truly when you get here. Singles, please face your front squarely once you land. Everyone should note that 'counting bridge' is very expensive here, it drains POF.
When you start earning dollars, you can loosen up and flex a bit. Don't pay attention to pressure from home.

People will be asking you, 'how far? Have you settled down? Do you have job yet?' Just ignore those annoying questions. Nobody asks the tree if it has fruit, you will see it when time is right. Of course it's is good to ask after those who have traveled but do it 'with sense' or sensibly. People are passing through great things here so respect them and respect your self. Be sensitive and ask questions sensitively. In Canada, they don't like direct questions, I mean true Canadians so begin to learn the culture.

We do things here 'with sense'. When you get an answer to your questions, read between the lines and face your front. No need to be looking for details. It's really not your business how anyone is doing. As also said by KSA, the race is not a sprint but jeje, do your marathon and maintain your lane.

Final note, pray... pray and pray. It is God that settles us here, not friends or relatives or chat group or forum.
I wish you all the best as you search yourselves and prepare to come, God bless. Kindly share this with others :)

P.s. If you send me a PM and I'm slow to respond, please bear with me. I'm 'settling down' and will get back to you when I can ;) ;)
Once a diamond, always a diamond. Thanks so much Sensei for drilling it down once again. But pls what is 'counting bridge'? Since its expensive?

lahdee

Aug 20, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15/12/2014
Nomination.....
PER: 01/03/2015
DeeBruv said:
Ole ni e. Food thief. So na only cook you fit play for movies? Not bad man, not good man, not fighter. ?..lol
LWKMD! Lol.

patecole

Star Member
Jul 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-06-2014
Nomination.....
17-10-2014
IELTS Request
Sent With Application
Med's Request
01-04-2015
Med's Done....
07-04-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
02-07-2015
Well said.....Nice one PH....

Pipis Husband said:

Silverblade

Nov 26, 2014
Calgary, Nigeria
Visa Office......
[color=purple][b]Accra[/b][/color]
NOC Code......
[color=purple][b]1224[/b][/color]
App. Filed.......
[color=purple][b]25:11:2014[/b][/color]
Nomination.....
[color=purple][b]CC: 20:01:2015[/b][/color]
AOR Received.
[color=purple][b]PER: 12:02:2015[/b][/color]
IELTS Request
[color=purple][b]Submitted[/b][/color]
Med's Request
[color=purple][b]08:09:2015[/b][/color]
Med's Done....
[color=purple][b]14:09:2015[/b][/color]
Interview........
[color=purple][b]NA[/b][/color]
Passport Req..
[color=purple][b]24:03:2016[/b][/color]
VISA ISSUED...
[color=purple][b]07:04:2016[/b][/color]
LANDED..........
[color=purple][b]03:09:2016[/b][/color]
Dotngr Counting bridge is a 9ja slang/ Idiomatic expression, which simply means "jonzing yourself" or "wasting your time/resources on unnecessary things". This could be detrimental to people that leave the main stuff and pursue irrelevant stuff, taking into consideration limited amount of funds most folk will be having once they touch down in Canny land.

Nice one PH thanks alot for the insight.

Dotsngr said:
Once a diamond, always a diamond. Thanks so much Sensei for drilling it down once again. But pls what is 'counting bridge'? Since its expensive?

meemee

Star Member
Jun 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra Visa Office
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-06-2014
Nomination.....
08-10-2014
AOR Received.
N/A
Med's Request
12-01-2015
Med's Done....
22-01-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
26-03-2015
Thanks PH, for the post.

Just as an aside, please let's not misconstrue PH's post to think he discourages asking after the welfare of landed people. Far from it. Rather, the purpose is to be sensitive to people's privacy and situations.

Great day, everyone!

lahdee

Aug 20, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15/12/2014
Nomination.....
PER: 01/03/2015
Pipis Husband said:

I had an interesting chat today in one of the chat groups and felt I should share mybe the best but I'm also not the worst. I stayed confident you when I can ;) ;)......................
Thanks Pipis Husband. That is very insightful.

abionah

Feb 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-11-2014
Doc's Request.
Original offer letter and updated PoF 18-09-15
Nomination.....
17-02-15
AOR Received.
17-02-15
IELTS Request
Sent with package
Med's Request
Awaiting
Accra, where is my MR now?

technolee

May 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2014
Nomination.....
15-12-2014
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
Nothing as such
Med's Request
29-06-2015
Med's Done....
08-07-2015
Interview........
Nothing as such
Passport Req..
31-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-08-2015
LANDED..........
6th November 2015 (7:10 pm local time)
DeeBruv said:
Ole ni e. Food thief. So na only cook you fit play for movies? Not bad man, not good man, not fighter. ?..lol
To be a fighter in movies, am gonna fight and kill you!

dmoneyvera007

Star Member
Apr 30, 2011
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2014
Doc's Request.
POF - 24.02.2015
Nomination.....
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived - God win
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Words of wisdom from the elder..... Thanks for sharing PH. God bless

Pipis Husband said: