Star Member
Aug 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Compliments of the Season to all forumites. I pray that God's special speed will go with the application of all forumites this blessed and beautiful year 2015 in Jesus name, Amen.

A belated congratulations to all forumites with an update and welcome to all the newbies.

2015 promises to be great for all forumites, so please reduce the dosage of the chill pill by half and be assured that we'll all scale through in Jesus name, Amen.

Happy New Year great people.

Cheers.

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
DeeBruv said:
I have not been able to see my on-line status since I received my PER on the 17th of dec. But today I found 'In Process'.
Congratulations, your application is surely awaiting processing at AVO now. All the best.

aduni

Star Member
Oct 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-11-2014
AOR Received.
17-11-2014
IELTS Request
13-11-2014
File Transfer...
10-02-2015
Med's Request
24-08-2015
Med's Done....
31-08-2015
Passport Req..
24-03-2016
oscartan said:
This is a 50-50 chance! Since they received the IELTS result before 2015, i believe they will assume sth went wrong that delayed the main application package. Let your friend be hopeful, but if I would advice, let him prepare and submit another application for EE now. There's no harm in doing that.
Thanks Oscartan, he is hopeful but also preparing for EE.

aduni

Star Member
Oct 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-11-2014
AOR Received.
17-11-2014
IELTS Request
13-11-2014
File Transfer...
10-02-2015
Med's Request
24-08-2015
Med's Done....
31-08-2015
Passport Req..
24-03-2016
samuel.eled said:
From the situation on ground, i think it is pertinent to be factual here than no telling the fact. The fact is that the main application was received after 31st Dec 2014 which makes the application invalid for FSW 2014. However, the IELTS update was received on the 31st Dec 2014 but was the main application. I am of the view that the application would not be considered under FSW 2014 because the main package was received after the deadline date.

I would advise you prepare another applicationunder the Express Entry as a my candid opinion. However, if CIC deem it reasonable or considerate, which is very unlikely, to consider you for FSW 2014, good luck. But do not hope for that because the likelihood is close to Zero.

So, be wise and apply under EE.
I quite agree with you he is preparing for EE but he believes that miracles do happen which I don't doubt.

Lolesky

Star Member
Aug 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09 Oct. 2014
Nomination.....
04-02-2014
Interview........
9th March, 2016
Pipis Husband said:
Hi Lolesky, you are free to try Express Entry only if you feel your FSW application has an error or omission in it. Since you already have your FSW application charged there's really no need for you to apply to Express Entry. Cheers.
[/quote

pipis husband, thanks so much for your quick response. I can't remember of any error or mistake in my application, so I will wait patiently for my PER.

Maxidoo

May 13, 2013
Good evening all. I saw below chat from another forum and feel I should bring it to our notice for analysis;

"Just a heads up, I called CIC and was told that you can't apply for the same category twice. For example, you can't apply for FSW 2014 & FSW Express Entry 2015 at the same time. You can only withdraw one and apply for the other. The Agent said there is no difference between the two, its only the processing and timeline that is different..."

What do you think considering that many of us who are 2014 applicants( but yet to receive PER) want to apply(have applied) via Express Entry.

Check out the chat by U-gal via this link: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/december-2014-fsw-application-submission-t255341.1050.html

patecole

Star Member
Jul 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-06-2014
Nomination.....
17-10-2014
IELTS Request
Sent With Application
Med's Request
01-04-2015
Med's Done....
07-04-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
02-07-2015
I agree with him (the agent)
No difference apart from process and timelines which quite frankly is far better in the sense that application payment is submitted online, removing the nightmare of waiting for them to charge your card or en-cash your DD.

Maxidoo said:
Good evening all. I saw below chat from another forum and feel I should bring it to our notice for analysis;

"Just a heads up, I called CIC and was told that you can't apply for the same category twice. For example, you can't apply for FSW 2014 & FSW Express Entry 2015 at the same time. You can only withdraw one and apply for the other. The Agent said there is no difference between the two, its only the processing and timeline that is different..."

What do you think considering that many of us who are 2014 applicants( but yet to receive PER) want to apply(have applied) via Express Entry.

Check out the chat by U-gal via this link: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/december-2014-fsw-application-submission-t255341.1050.html

DeeBruv

Aug 27, 2014
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-08-2014
Doc's Request.
WES FSW Platform update 12-12-2014
Nomination.....
17-12-2014
AOR Received.
17-12-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
29th June 2016
Med's Done....
06-07-2015, Updated forms req and RPRF 17-07-2015, Medicals Received 20-05-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-06-2016 Pick Up Mail 20-06-2016 ECAS Updated to DECISION MADE 23-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-2016
LANDED..........
04-07-2016
Pipis Husband said:
Congratulations, your application is surely awaiting processing at AVO now. All the best.
Pipis Husband my bruv. Is it AVO that creates the status platform? If it's so then my application is file is closer than I think. Please tell me more PH.

Preferred

Jun 25, 2013
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/apply-where.asp#n

Naija EE applicants would have their processing done in Lag. I hope AVO's workload gets reduced with this reshuffling...

kollins

Champion Member
Jan 8, 2014
Lagos-Nigeria.
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
2113(Geoscientist)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-2014
Doc's Request.
IMM5406,IMM5669&PCC.
Nomination.....
May,2014
AOR Received.
May,2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
File Transfer...
May,2014
Med's Request
October,2014
Med's Done....
November,2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
November,2014
VISA ISSUED...
November,2014
LANDED..........
Compliments of the Yuletide seasons to all.
I did some form of check-ups on the SS which led to some small corrections and re-adjustment of some applicants.
I advise all to check their respective entry on the SS and let us know if there are issues(errors of omission/addition).
Preferably,do PM if you have issues to ensure its given attention as it can be unknowingly skip off unattended to if you post it on the thread because of the usual joyous posts that we normally get from Accra Visa office.
Thanks in advance as you comply.
Cheers.

Balinga

Star Member
May 15, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
Good morning All. It's been a while on the forum. Welcome to all our new forumites. Congrats to all those with PERs and CC cashed.

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
DeeBruv said:
Pipis Husband my bruv. Is it AVO that creates the status platform? If it's so then my application is file is closer than I think. Please tell me more PH.
Hi, if ECAS status shows 'IN PROCESS', this is what it means;

Significance of ECAS Status and Process of PR Application for FSW Applicants

Completeness Check

1. They received couriers and do a initial documentation check for completeness and compliance of the application.
2. Check if the applications forms are all completely filled, payments are ok, all required documentation are enclosed.
3. Check if we have valid 1 year experience in the claimed NOC (a part of the 29 occupations list)
4. Check the CAP has been reached for that NOC yet.
5. They accept the payments as submitted with application and that's the last stage of the completeness check.
6. If the application passes the completeness check, it's put in the queue for the Eligibility Review. If not they send the application back stating the reason for return.

Eligibility Review

1. During the Eligibility Review, they check and award points for the following 6 selection factors

Education
Work Experience
Adaptability
Arranged Employment

2. In addition to these 6 factors, they check for the proof of funds as per the guidelines. They also do the background check for the above at this point before awarding points( they confirm the job duties comply with requirements for that particular NOC and that experience documents are satisfactory.

Positive Final Determination of Eligibility for Processing

1.If the applicant gets 67 points or more, then his/her application will be transferred to the visa office identified by the applicant on the IMM 0008 form for a Final Selection Decision. CIO will send out an email confirming this which will indicate a Positive Final Determination of Eligibility for Processing. If the applicant fails Eligibility Review, again CIO sends and email out to confirm the reasons for the same, and that they are initiating a refund of the processing fee.

2. Once an applicant receives a Positive Final Determination of Eligibility for Processing from the CIO, applicant will be able to check the ECAS Status of their application. We can use the application umber/UCI Number/Payment receipt number, all of which we can get form the email that CIO sends out, to check the ECAS status.

At this point, you can access your ECAS which should read as follows:

IN Process>>>>>>>>>
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<We received your Application on xxxxxxxxxx

All the best.

DeeBruv

Aug 27, 2014
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-08-2014
Doc's Request.
WES FSW Platform update 12-12-2014
Nomination.....
17-12-2014
AOR Received.
17-12-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
29th June 2016
Med's Done....
06-07-2015, Updated forms req and RPRF 17-07-2015, Medicals Received 20-05-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-06-2016 Pick Up Mail 20-06-2016 ECAS Updated to DECISION MADE 23-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-2016
LANDED..........
04-07-2016
Pipis Husband said:
Hi, if ECAS status shows 'IN PROCESS', this is what it means;

Significance of ECAS Status and Process of PR Application for FSW Applicants

Completeness Check

1. They received couriers and do a initial documentation check for completeness and compliance of the application.
2. Check if the applications forms are all completely filled, payments are ok, all required documentation are enclosed.
3. Check if we have valid 1 year experience in the claimed NOC (a part of the 29 occupations list)
4. Check the CAP has been reached for that NOC yet.
5. They accept the payments as submitted with application and that's the last stage of the completeness check.
6. If the application passes the completeness check, it's put in the queue for the Eligibility Review. If not they send the application back stating the reason for return.

Eligibility Review

1. During the Eligibility Review, they check and award points for the following 6 selection factors

Education
Work Experience
Adaptability
Arranged Employment

2. In addition to these 6 factors, they check for the proof of funds as per the guidelines. They also do the background check for the above at this point before awarding points( they confirm the job duties comply with requirements for that particular NOC and that experience documents are satisfactory.

Positive Final Determination of Eligibility for Processing

1.If the applicant gets 67 points or more, then his/her application will be transferred to the visa office identified by the applicant on the IMM 0008 form for a Final Selection Decision. CIO will send out an email confirming this which will indicate a Positive Final Determination of Eligibility for Processing. If the applicant fails Eligibility Review, again CIO sends and email out to confirm the reasons for the same, and that they are initiating a refund of the processing fee.

2. Once an applicant receives a Positive Final Determination of Eligibility for Processing from the CIO, applicant will be able to check the ECAS Status of their application. We can use the application umber/UCI Number/Payment receipt number, all of which we can get form the email that CIO sends out, to check the ECAS status.

At this point, you can access your ECAS which should read as follows:

IN Process>>>>>>>>>
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<We received your Application on xxxxxxxxxx

All the best.
PH you just made my day with the comprehensive explanation. thanks a million!

obinja

Star Member
Jan 3, 2014
Lagos, Nigeria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
samuel.eled said:
From the situation on ground, i think it is pertinent to be factual here than no telling the fact. The fact is that the main application was received after 31st Dec 2014 which makes the application invalid for FSW 2014. However, the IELTS update was received on the 31st Dec 2014 but was the main application. I am of the view that the application would not be considered under FSW 2014 because the main package was received after the deadline date.

I would advise you prepare another applicationunder the Express Entry as a my candid opinion. However, if CIC deem it reasonable or considerate, which is very unlikely, to consider you for FSW 2014, good luck. But do not hope for that because the likelihood is close to Zero.

So, be wise and apply under EE.
Postal rule applies! the fact that the application was postmarked (received by courier) before the deadline. it is very much valid. I stated in an earlier chat. The application will defiitely count towards 2014 FSWP. Lovely week people :)

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
DeeBruv said:
PH you just made my day with the comprehensive explanation. thanks a million!
You're always welcome, God bless :)