+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2013 Applicants Timeline- Lets Network Here.

terki

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2012
FLORIDA - MIAMI
LANDED..........
DUAL-CITIZEN - USA/CANADA
My friend

reviewed inventory differs from received files inventory so cant say any.. pl speed up ur file and apply, keep track of changes on cic website in respect to applications and hope for best

honestly this is the best I can say - to me august still looks like u stand a chance

good luck

ketul_552

May 31, 2014
hello,
I have submitted RPRF fees online on 14th May,2014 and waiting for DM
Can anybody reply that online payment is valid or not for NDVO??
How much time NDVO needs to issue visa?

Thanks in advance

terki

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2012
FLORIDA - MIAMI
LANDED..........
DUAL-CITIZEN - USA/CANADA
RPRF Paid online is indeed valid

RPRF doesnt speed up the file - files do go into Queue system before they attain BF'D date for officer look up
Post Which ECU stamps visa on FIFO basis

follow the trend with what others are trailing - you may estimate a date --

in my experience to the max <2 months..

bachucanada

Star Member
Aug 6, 2013
Gujarat, India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/06/2013 Fee Charged...:21/08/2013 PER Received..:29/08/2013
AOR Received.
24/10/2013
Med's Done....
27/06/2014 Decision Made:18/12/2014
Passport Req..
19/12/2014
VISA ISSUED...
12/12/2014
terki said:
RPRF Paid online is indeed valid

RPRF doesnt speed up the file - files do go into Queue system before they attain BF'D date for officer look up
Post Which ECU stamps visa on FIFO basis

follow the trend with what others are trailing - you may estimate a date --

in my experience to the max <2 months..

What does ECU mean?

This word is there in my GCMS.
It says "File sent to ECU"

rakeshtk

Dec 26, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bachucanada said:
What does ECU mean?

This word is there in my GCMS.
It says "File sent to ECU"
Quote from: qorax on April 17, 2012, 08:29:52 am
Similar to my previous post, RFV - which stands for Ready For Visa - is an important log by the IO w.r.t. a case where s/he finds it complete from his/her side... And notifies some other cell/dept./section to assess/act on the requested activities pending the forwarding this case file to PHEP Section (for PPR/visa issuance). This, usually, signifies that this case file is now finalized from the IO's desk.

NOTE:
1. Both, RFA & RFV may not only be marked for ECU... it could be for any other dept. as well.
2. ECU is specifically created to address the backlogs. IMHO they deep-scrutinize the files submitted to them with an intention to "eliminate" rather than "select" applications. This is a severe screening process... and I again opine that not all files go there... but why do some (go to them) is beyond me, or I do not want to comment on it.

islandbabe

Champion Member
Mar 26, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AWESOME Post Three star...sorry to hear that you fell ill, and the heat is only just starting!!!! Great news for the IT professionals here.

Islandbabe

three star said:
Alright....as i am about to complete my first month in canada having landed end of May all alone....i think its time to update this lovely forum. Good things first-- grabbed a cool IT job for 80k in my first interview. First couple of weeks busy settling and getting necessary local documents and later got hospitalized for 2 days in toronto due to high fever and fukked up 600$, hope i will get back from my insurance company in india!!. And trust me doctors in india are much better and here in canada doctors are just after money and nothing else. So every body landing here get your medical insurance without fail. But one thing what i have learnt is instead of getting insurance from india, better take it in canada right after landing for 90 day period as its always better to have local insurance as claiming and getting money back is much easy if you take from a local insurance company.Did some reading for 4 days and applied on indeed website and job is all done in 4 days.

Coming to jobs, IT jobs are very easy to grab here, and call center jobs are also easy. However i see other professions specially the regulated ones i would recommend do good analysis and have proper network to grab the job as they are little time taking to grab and they may take 3 to 4 months to get a good job. Toronto is good market for IT jobs specially , and i heard in vancouver its very difficult even to get a part time job....may be because its summer now so all students grab the part time jobs or may be because we indians are mostly doctors or engineers which makes us look over qualified for part time jobs...so people prefer local students.

Its a beautiful country, provided we talk to people and we are certain to win here if we are confident.There will be times which makes us feel low but its all worth it as it teaches how to fight back in life and trust me as the days keep going this country looks so lovely with the people here and of course the beautiful girls and night life is really cool.

To conclude dont get greedy when you think about taking health insurance for first 90 days, take it without fail.And secondly be very confident when landing here as we will fight all alone in the initial days and people are very helpful here provided we talk.

Good luck to you all and god bless!! waiting to see our forum hitting 5000 pages soon!!

islandbabe

Champion Member
Mar 26, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
THANKS Sharmausct....Never really "went away" but just haven't posted in a while and have been swarmed with dozens of PM's/emails each day from new and old applicants . So been busy trying to answer as many as I can.

sharmausct said:
welcome back......

islandbabe

Champion Member
Mar 26, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats Applee as you start this new leg of your journey! :)
applee said:
These Pages are indeed not enough for showing the gratitude towards this family.....Thanks you so much ladies and gentlemen for the supporting hands.
[size=10pt]We got maple leaves stamped on our passport with the COPR.[/size]
Thanks a ton for each and every members in here specially admins... :) :) :) :) :)
Looking towards the spread sheet and the yellow paints....really feeling so happy .. the most yellow paint.....almost all got their maple leaves and some are waiting coz of a little delay...
wish you all the very best for them who are waiting for the visa..and prayers with you...

Regards,
Applee ... :) :) :) :p

Ankurparekh

Oct 8, 2013
islandbabe said:
hi islandbabe I want to know when can i expect \ny communication from cic,my application reached cic on 13th may 2014. I had forwrded DD for fee payment so unable to get any clue from that. can u pls help to know..

islandbabe

Champion Member
Mar 26, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
For all those landing soon and asking about the B4 Forms Here is some Qorax wisdom.

Goods to Follow List &/or Goods Accompanying List
How to Fill them...

ASSUMPTIONS/PROLOGUE:
a) The form B4A is an extension of the form B4 [which is the main one to file]. Writing the B4A is a similarly daunting task, thus can be avoided. I didn't.
b) As the form B4 contains 'only' 8 rows to fill the goods/items, use only 8 groups of things. How? Explained later.

WHAT U SHOULD CARRY?
U should make 2 copies of the form B4. One for the 'Goods Accompanying' & one for the 'Goods to Follow'. Alongwith the attachments. What's that? Here u go...

STEP-1:
a) Group all similar items into one list & thus make 8 lists.
b) Type these groups in Excel Sheets* [separate for each group]. Title each Sheet. And a Page No.
c) Enlist the Columns as: Sl.No | Item Description | Qty | Value (CAD) |
d) Total the Value, of each Excel Sheet.
e) Take printouts of each Excel Sheet in A4 size paper [2 copies].

*Eg. 1.Electronics, 2.Jewelries, 3.Clothing & Personal Effects, 4.Books & DVDs, 5.Gadgets & Mobile Phones, 6.Cutlery & Utensils, 7.Home Decorations & Murals AND 8.Linens & Drapers. [the Title Heading can vary as per your choice & requirement]

STEP-2:
a) Place all jewelry in Groups* & click Pictures [Must, else they'll not be accepted].
b) Title each Sheet. And put a Page No.
c) Take printouts of each Jewelry Group in A4 size paper [2 copies].
d) Make an Excel Sheet, for the Summary of the Jewelry Sheets. And place a Value against each group.
e) Total the Excel Sheet Value, in the end.

*Eg. 1.Rings, 2.Bangles & Bracelets, 3.Chains & Necklaces, 4.Cummerbunds, 5.Diamond Sets, 6.Ear-Rings & Pendants, 7.Head-Bands & Chokers etc. (each in one group/sheet). [the Title Heading can vary as per your choice & requirement]

STEP-3: [Major Step]
a) Fill-out the form B4, as per the 8 Title Headings AND write the Total Value of each Excel Sheet.
b) Make a box [by hand] at the End of the 8 rows' Value Column. Write the Total Value* of the Goods.
c) For the Name field, write the PA's name.
d) For the Importer's Address, write the Canadian Address.
e) For the Country of Export, write your Home Country's Name.
f) For the Goods to Follow BOX [below the list rows], "Tick" it.
g) At Page-2 of the form B4, "Tick" the Newcomer BOX.
h) Bottom of the Page-2, Sign, Date [the day of Landing] & Location [write your Landing POE's name].

*U must write the Total Value of the entire goods, as that's needed by the CBSA to log on their system.

STEP-4:
a) Print-it out [on regular A4 sheets], both pages [1 & 2] separately.
b) Take 2 printouts [one for the CBSA & one for U, with their Stamp, Sign & Date].
c) Staple all the Excel Sheets & the Jewelry Sheets, into each form B4.

NOTE:
1. Do not forget to take 2 printouts of each form B4 and its attachments. One will be kept by them.
2. Do not forget to take pics of the Jewelry. Else, they'll not accept it*.
3. Do not forget to get it stamped on landing. Sometimes the BSO doesn't ask. It's our prerogative.

*In that case they'll ask u to get it by email & visit the airport the next day for stamping your B4. Though it can be done, but u get into unnecessary hassles, time & effort. And u just have 24 hrs to do so. Which is an avoidable tension. Isn't it?

WHERE TO FIND THE FORM?
http://www.cbsa.gc.ca/publications/forms-formulaires/b4-eng.pdf

Hope that helped.
Qorax

islandbabe

Champion Member
Mar 26, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No one knows for sure......I really believe that your NOc will also play a part in this. If I were to hazard a guess I would say you should hear from them by the end of the second week in July at least. One thing is almost certain you will hear from CIC before the bank confirms DD en-cashment.

Ankurparekh said:
hi islandbabe I want to know when can i expect \ny communication from cic,my application reached cic on 13th may 2014. I had forwrded DD for fee payment so unable to get any clue from that. can u pls help to know..

joe07

Jan 17, 2013
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
applee said:
These Pages are indeed not enough for showing the gratitude towards this family.....Thanks you so much ladies and gentlemen for the supporting hands.
[size=10pt]We got maple leaves stamped on our passport with the COPR.[/size]
Thanks a ton for each and every members in here specially admins... :) :) :) :) :)
Looking towards the spread sheet and the yellow paints....really feeling so happy .. the most yellow paint.....almost all got their maple leaves and some are waiting coz of a little delay...
wish you all the very best for them who are waiting for the visa..and prayers with you...

Regards,
Applee ... :) :) :) :p
Congrats Buddy, was traveling just saw ur post now.. happy for u .. all the best

three star

Aug 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
yes
Med's Request
yes
Passport Req..
yes
islandbabe said:
AWESOME Post Three star...sorry to hear that you fell ill, and the heat is only just starting!!!! Great news for the IT professionals here.

Islandbabe
its not the heat.... Though it's summer it's crazy cool breeze in nights which caused my fever:)

islandbabe

Champion Member
Mar 26, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ahhh I get you...... :) Well we are all routing for you, hoping more good things await you in the near future.

three star said:
its not the heat.... Though it's summer it's crazy cool breeze in nights which caused my fever:)

canadachocaccon

Star Member
Oct 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2013
AOR Received.
20-07-2013
Med's Request
15-10-2014
Med's Done....
28-10-2014
Passport Req..
07-11-2014
three star said:
Coming to jobs, IT jobs are very easy to grab here, and call center jobs are also easy. However i see other professions specially the regulated ones i would recommend do good analysis and have proper network to grab the job as they are little time taking to grab and they may take 3 to 4 months to get a good job. Toronto is good market for IT jobs specially , and i heard in vancouver its very difficult even to get a part time job....may be because its summer now so all students grab the part time jobs or may be because we indians are mostly doctors or engineers which makes us look over qualified for part time jobs...so people prefer local students.

Good luck to you all and god bless!! waiting to see our forum hitting 5000 pages soon!!
Thanks so much for your sharing.

Do you know about job opportunities for network engineer?
Do they appreciate Cisco certificates such as CCNA, CCNP or just want experiences?