+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2013 Applicants Timeline- Lets Network Here.

gilmerfamily

Mar 10, 2014
priya83 said:
Thank you that is a better answer. It says only CASH is not accepted. Since the credit cards issued in our part of the world might not work its probably a precaution. My credit card is with a bank in USA. FYI
You're welcome priya83. Yes, I agree with you - only CASH is not accepted. Be informed everyone! God bless us all! :)

Mohitchawla01

Star Member
Jul 21, 2013
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-05-2013
AOR Received.
29-07-2013
File Transfer...
16-09-2013
Med's Request
08-02-2014
Med's Done....
01-03-2014
Interview........
Waived off
Passport Req..
08-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
25-3-2-14
LANDED..........
soon very soon
gilmerfamily said:
You'res only DD welcome priya83. Yes, I agree with you - only CASH is not accepted. Be informed everyone! God bless us all! :)
Pls visit the link below.
http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/india-inde/visas/fees-frais.aspx?lang=eng

No where it was mentioned that we can pay the fees by Credit Card, yes there is option on CIC site but what I think, its not applicable to FSW2013 applicants other wise they would have mentioned.

Good Priya, you have paid the fees by CC and u haven't faced any prob but why there is need to take a risk when its not mentioned in the instruction note.

DD is not a out of the blue box thing.

Again its individual choice, how he want to go further.
My suggestion is to play on a safer side and go with a clear mind without any doubt.

devkis

Jun 4, 2013
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi<br>NOC Code......: 2132<br>App. Filed.......: 05-Jun-2013<br>Fees Charged.: 20-Aug-2013<br>PER Received..: 29-Aug-2013<br>AOR Received.: 24-Oct--2013<br>Proc. Started...: 24-Feb-2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
19-Mar-2014<br>Passport Req..: 19-Mar-2014<br>Med's Done.....: 04-Apr-2014<br>PP Sent to VO..: 08-Apr-2014<br>RPRF Encashed: 16-Apr-2014<br>Med's Recvd....: 19-Apr-2014<br>DM on ECAS....: 24-May-2014<br>PP Rcvd. Back.: 31-May-2014
AimHigher said:
Hi

Please check below:

"Fees are payable in Canadian dollars or Indian Rupees. Only bank drafts (demand drafts) or certified cheques are accepted; cash is not accepted for fee payment. The bank draft should be made for the exact amount and in favour of "Canadian High Commission" or "Receiver General for Canada" payable at New Delhi."

Looking at the above, CC is not an option atleast for NDVO.

You are correct fee is "Right of Permanent Resident Fee (Principal Applicant, Spouse/ Partner) $490 OR 28,900". It's good to pay in INR becuase you will save on the conversion rates.

Link: http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/india-inde/visas/fees-frais.aspx

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/fees.asp

AimHigher
Just another couple of silly questions...if any one can help educate me

1. I have an option of taking the DD in INR from ICICI or Bank of Baroda. Both are nationalized banks. Any problem if I take a DD from the local branch of either of these banks?
2. I am making the DD in favor of Canadian High Commission. I don't know what special instructions to be given to the bank to make it payable at "New Delhi". What should I say to the bank officer to cover this aspect?

Thanks.

devkis

Jun 4, 2013
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi<br>NOC Code......: 2132<br>App. Filed.......: 05-Jun-2013<br>Fees Charged.: 20-Aug-2013<br>PER Received..: 29-Aug-2013<br>AOR Received.: 24-Oct--2013<br>Proc. Started...: 24-Feb-2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
19-Mar-2014<br>Passport Req..: 19-Mar-2014<br>Med's Done.....: 04-Apr-2014<br>PP Sent to VO..: 08-Apr-2014<br>RPRF Encashed: 16-Apr-2014<br>Med's Recvd....: 19-Apr-2014<br>DM on ECAS....: 24-May-2014<br>PP Rcvd. Back.: 31-May-2014
perseverence said:

Dear Wolverin123, got DM, admin pls update. Thanks to all and best wishes for ones waiting in various stages.
Congrats perseverence. Finally, you proved your name ;D All the best with your move.

(glbl ss updated)

vijayjose81

Sep 30, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-06-2013
AOR Received.
26-10-2013
IELTS Request
Already sent with File
File Transfer...
29-09-2013
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Passport Req..
Still Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
By Gods Grace Very soon
LANDED..........
At gods Will
Hello Admins!!!

Can you please advise is there someone who is waiting to get MR even after the second line in ECAS has been updated on 7th Feb which is almost 2 months?

I have no clue whats happening with my Case.. :( :( :( :( :(

Its Been Very Frustrating and disappointing...I have sent CSE to NDVO on 5th of March...but still no reply...I dont know why is taking so long for them to reply....

Admins please help...

digitalsphere

Star Member
Feb 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-05-2013
AOR Received.
10-09-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
09-12-2013
Med's Done....
03-01-2014 (Results uploaded: 08-01-2014)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-12-2013 (RPRF DD cashed on 28-01-2014)
VISA ISSUED...
DM on 28-04-2014, PP and COPR received - 09-05-2014
LANDED..........
Pray so...
perseverence said:

Dear Wolverin123, got DM, admin pls update. Thanks to all and best wishes for ones waiting in various stages.
Many many congratulations.... Best wishes for the journey ahead :)

Neo-the-one

Star Member
Sep 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-04-2014 (CC Charged: 09-05-2014)
Nomination.....
PER: 28-05-2014
AOR Received.
04-06-2014
File Transfer...
Processing Started (2nd line): 01-08-2014
Med's Request
25-08-2014
Med's Done....
05-09-2014 (3rd line: 16-09-2014)
Passport Req..
12-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
soon
LANDED..........
March-2015
Guys,

Any clue on whats happening to FSW1 after end of April even is the quotas are not filled. Will FSW1 continue till end of year r till all the quotas are filled?

joe07

Jan 17, 2013
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vijayjose81 said:
Hello Admins!!!

Can you please advise is there someone who is waiting to get MR even after the second line in ECAS has been updated on 7th Feb which is almost 2 months?

I have no clue whats happening with my Case.. :( :( :( :( :(

Its Been Very Frustrating and disappointing...I have sent CSE to NDVO on 5th of March...but still no reply...I dont know why is taking so long for them to reply....

Admins please help...
Check your Junk Mail dude.. there was a case where someone was waiting for MR and never got it ( coz it was there in the junk mail ) CIC had rejected his application on the grounds of not responding in the specific time given.. have u applied self or with a consultant ??

goalcanada

Mar 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-05-13
AOR Received.
PER recd 25-07-2013
Med's Request
18-08-2014
Med's Done....
3rd line on 19.09.14
Passport Req..
PPR1 on 12.09.14 & PP submitted 29.9.14
Neo-the-one said:
Guys,

Any clue on whats happening to FSW1 after end of April even is the quotas are not filled. Will FSW1 continue till end of year r till all the quotas are filled?
Time being no clue. But they may close by 30th April. So that they can clear the backlogs. we have to wait for cic news.

rvpr

Star Member
May 27, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-May-2013 PER Received........:29-July-2013 AOR.................:05-09-13 Processing Started..:12-02-14 Meds/RPRF/PP Request:17-02-14 Meds Done...........:22-02-14 DD/Meds Recd by NDVO:4-03-14 RPRF Enchashed......:06-03-14 Meds Ecas Update....:7-03-14 PP received by NDVO.:19-03-14 Issue Date on Visa..:21-03-14 DM update in Ecas...:24-03-14 Stamped Passport Received:31-03-2014
Stamped Passport Received... Hurray.. Yuhooo... thanks to all the forum members for their wishes and I hope everyone gets their visa soon...

Got my Passport back yesterday.. and sorry guys couldn't inform you earlier as spouse had a flight to catch today so was super busy......

My experience at NDVO:

Well I visited NDVO on Monday as needed passport coz spouse had to travel.... My experience as follows:

1. Friday is off for client dealing but the office is open and work goes on inside. So visit days are Mon- Thursday.
2. At the gate its very quite and you would hardly see any people.. It was a surprise to me as I was expecting huge crowd as Canada is a hot destination.. Reason may be they only entertain urgent/emergency cases there rest all have to send mails to NDVO and discuss..
3. Tell gaurds about your urgency request. They will give you a slip to fill explaining your situation and the slip will go inside. 10-15 mins you will be called at the window at the main gate only. The person will discuss your urgency and depending on the case he will email it to visa officer inside and will tell you that the visa officer will decide on the case and he has no jurisdiction to take calls.. he will ask you to wait.
4. After 10-15 mins you will be called at different window next to the earlier one and there you will be greeted by THE VISA OFFICER (you get to meet the guy who is working on your file for almost 7-8 months and who will decide for your future.. My visa officer was a cool guy.. 35 years age.. Looks very much Indian (speaks hindi) though I didn't ask if he is a Canadian citizen of Indian origin.
5. Here you need not worry about being lucky to have a good visa officer as they work by proto-calls and every officer will follow the rules without any exception. If your case has merit you will be entertained.. Well.. he explained me that my visa is already issued and it is a matter of 2-3 days when I will get the stamped passport. I requested him to issue it the same day.. After 10-15 mins of discussion (why I need and how tough it is for him to do that) he agreed and asked me to come @ 3:30 pm.
6. So I was sent inside the embassy @3:30 pm and asked to sit at the reception area.. there is pin drop silence in the room.. 4pm he called and gave me Passport and COPR/ILETS/PCC etc. It took just 5 mins but we spent around half an hour talking about visa processing, settling in Canada, do and don'ts etc etc.. I wish I could connect him to this forum so that all the queries get answered. (guy was really gem of a person)
7. He explained how tough it is for them to deal with clients who come through consultants. Really guys if you apply without a consultant it makes the visa officers life very easy..
8. He suggested me that instead of submitting my passport through VFS and sending an urgent request form I should have come directly to the counter and asked for urgent processing (passport could have been stamped in 2 days).

Conclusion:
Like Islandbabe says nothing beats a visit to VO.. I have experienced it myself...
Guys who are working abroad connect to VO by email well in advance they will guide you appropriately and call you only when they can stamp your visa in 2-3 days.. You can even send a relative/representative at the embassy to discuss your case if you feel email is not helping..This way the life of visa officer is easy rather than just landing and informing them to issue you visa soon..
Rest its personal choice to send passport with somebody/take leave/leave job with pros and cons of each.

All the best guys.. hope my experience helps.. I am planning for my travel to Canada.. will keep you posted on that..

digitalsphere

Star Member
Feb 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-05-2013
AOR Received.
10-09-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
09-12-2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Pray so...
rvpr said:
Stamped Passport Received... Hurray.. Yuhooo... thanks to all the forum members for their wishes and I hope everyone gets their visa soon...

Got my Passport back yesterday.. and sorry guys couldn't inform you earlier as spouse had a flight to catch today so was super busy......

My experience at NDVO:

Well I visited NDVO on Monday as needed passport coz spouse had to travel.... My experience as follows:

1. Friday is off for client dealing but the office is open and work goes on inside. So visit days are Mon- Thursday.
2. At the gate its very quite and you would hardly see any people.. It was a surprise to me as I was expecting huge crowd as Canada is a hot destination.. Reason may be they only entertain urgent/emergency cases there rest all have to send mails to NDVO and discuss..
3. Tell gaurds about your urgency request. They will give you a slip to fill explaining your situation and the slip will go inside. 10-15 mins you will be called at the window at the main gate only. The person will discuss your urgency and depending on the case he will email it to visa officer inside and will tell you that the visa officer will decide on the case and he has no jurisdiction to take calls.. he will ask you to wait.
4. After 10-15 mins you will be called at different window next to the earlier one and there you will be greeted by THE VISA OFFICER (you get to meet the guy who is working on your file for almost 7-8 months and who will decide for your future.. My visa officer was a cool guy.. 35 years age.. Looks very much Indian (speaks hindi) though I didn't ask if he is a Canadian citizen of Indian origin.
5. Here you need not worry about being lucky to have a good visa officer as they work by proto-calls and every officer will follow the rules without any exception. If your case has merit you will be entertained.. Well.. he explained me that my visa is already issued and it is a matter of 2-3 days when I will get the stamped passport. I requested him to issue it the same day.. After 10-15 mins of discussion (why I need and how tough it is for him to do that) he agreed and asked me to come @ 3:30 pm.
6. So I was sent inside the embassy @ 3:30 pm and asked to sit at the reception area.. there is pin drop silence in the room.. 4pm he called and gave me Passport and COPR/ILETS/PCC etc. It took just 5 mins but we spent around half an hour talking about visa processing, settling in Canada, do and don'ts etc etc.. I wish I could connect him to this forum so that all the queries get answered. (guy was really gem of a person)
7. He explained how tough it is for them to deal with clients who come through consultants. Really guys if you apply without a consultant it makes the visa officers life very easy..
8. He suggested me that instead of submitting my passport through VFS and sending an urgent request form I should have come directly to the counter and asked for urgent processing (passport could have been stamped in 2 days).

Conclusion:
Like Islandbabe says nothing beats a visit to VO.. I have experienced it myself...
Guys who are working abroad connect to VO by email well in advance they will guide you appropriately and call you only when they can stamp your visa in 2-3 days.. You can even send a relative/representative at the embassy to discuss your case if you feel email is not helping..This way the life of visa officer is easy rather than just landing and informing them to issue you visa soon..
Rest its personal choice to send passport with somebody/take leave/leave job with pros and cons of each.

All the best guys.. hope my experience helps.. I am planning for my travel to Canada.. will keep you posted on that..
partyyyy time rpvr...wonderful news and thanks for sharing the experience.... best of luck :)

SNRAO

Star Member
Sep 10, 2013
India - Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-May-2013
AOR Received.
15-Oct-2013
Med's Request
15-Feb-2014
Med's Done....
25-Feb-2014
Passport Req..
15-Feb-2014
VISA ISSUED...
31-03-2014
LANDED..........
26-09-2014
Dear KFStrong,
Just returned from the CIIP Session. Don't even think of taking a DD. Please take travellers cheques and then some CAD's to suffice for the phone calls, taxi Hotel Etc.. ( I heard in the session that some people who came with DD's were sent back at immigration )
Still better is to properly research the Gyan of Qorax & other wonderful people on this forum and then decide the best course of action. I will study the posts on this subject & try to post the gist of them.

Best Regards,

KingfisherStrong said:
Proof of Landing funds..

Can we use Demand Draft in Indian currency as proof of landing fund or is it necessary to make the DD in CADs ??

As I called my bank for Demand Draft in CAD, they refused to make it in foreign currency. Please suggest if anybody has made demand draft in CADs.

Thanks

digitalsphere

Star Member
Feb 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-05-2013
AOR Received.
10-09-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
09-12-2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Pray so...
Friends,

I attended the CIIP session @ Bangalore today. I must say it is really really informative and it would make a difference if you attend it before travelling to Canada, especially for people who do not have or know any1 in Canada and are on their own. I strongly advise you to attend it if you have not already.

Tons of accurate, useful and essential information, tips, dos and donts, and survival strategies.

Thanks

SNRAO

Star Member
Sep 10, 2013
India - Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-May-2013
AOR Received.
15-Oct-2013
Med's Request
15-Feb-2014
Med's Done....
25-Feb-2014
Passport Req..
15-Feb-2014
VISA ISSUED...
31-03-2014
LANDED..........
26-09-2014
Dear Priya83,
Better post on the forum the exact URL's to be followed for making a payment thro CC.

Regards,

priya83 said:
It does not say anywhere that CC is not accepted. You can pay it online and print the receipt out. When you use your cc its goes to Receiver General of Canada. I dont know why people are saying its not accepted. It is and i have done it . You can print the receipt or can be emailed to your email. It will show Approved when it goes through.

Thanks

islandbabe

Champion Member
Mar 26, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
WOW rvpr.....Congrats glad to know you are officially on your way now, just the last few steps needed. Thanks for sharing your experience I am sure many other can gain something useful from it. :)

rvpr said:

ficers life very easy..

Conclusion: