+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2013 Applicants Timeline- Lets Network Here.

Jatpunjabi

May 21, 2013
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-05-2013
Doc's Request.
passport request 06-01-2014
AOR Received.
26-10-2013
Med's Request
06-01-2014
Passport Req..
06-01-2014
Friends,
a question not much related to this forum

Is it wise to quit government job in India for Canadian PR ?

rawdah

Champion Member
May 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2013 PER Rec'd...: 07-08-2013
Doc's Request.
04-03-2014
Med's Request
23-09-2014
Med's Done....
24-09-2014
Passport Req..
PPR1:23-09-2014, PPR2: 20-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-10-2014
LANDED..........
04-12-2014
gaurav1182 said:
Hello I2C, I got my DM line yesterday. I just opened forum to update my status & saw your post.
Many congrats gaurav1182 :D

Your status is updated.

All the best for your future and wish you great life as Permanent Resident in Canada

You can join our fb group which is created for the purpose of Networking :)

kapil_sharma123

Star Member
Jul 19, 2013
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan-2014
AOR Received.
March 2014
Hi everyone,

Any updates on CC or DD charges after 19th December, 2013....Please post if anyone has received or been charged.

Thanks

gaurav1182

Mar 19, 2012
Thank you Rawdah!!! Will send you my email id for FB in PM

rawdah said:

Your status is updated.

All the best for your future and wish you great life as Permanent Resident in Canada

Jatpunjabi

May 21, 2013
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-05-2013
Doc's Request.
passport request 06-01-2014
AOR Received.
26-10-2013
Med's Request
06-01-2014
Passport Req..
06-01-2014
Friends,

For mechanical engineers which location among these two is better i.e.
Abbotsford (BC)
or
Hamilton (Ontario)

rakeshtk

Dec 26, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
A question to seniors only..................

What is the probability of making Visa after PER according to your experience (in percentage)....

Those of you trying for Canada from long back please answer becoz I think you guys have more experience than the newbies....

gaurav1182

Mar 19, 2012
I think weather wise BC will be better than hamilton. There is lot of competition around Hamilton (GTA) area for each job so you need to be prepared for it if you planning to come to Hamilton. If you are in process engineering or mining then Ontario is good in general. but apart from natural resources processing jobs there are not many jobs available for mechanical engineers.

Jatpunjabi said:
Friends,

For mechanical engineers which location among these two is better i.e.
Abbotsford (BC)
or
Hamilton (Ontario)

amit80203

Champion Member
Apr 9, 2013
App. Filed.......
18th Oct 2017
AOR Received.
7th Dec 2017
gaurav1182 said:
I think weather wise BC will be better than hamilton. There is lot of competition around Hamilton (GTA) area for each job so you need to be prepared for it if you planning to come to Hamilton. If you are in process engineering or mining then Ontario is good in general. but apart from natural resources processing jobs there are not many jobs available for mechanical engineers.
How about Piping Layout Engineer jobs in Calgary and Edmonton?

Stoic

Star Member
Jun 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-05-2013
Doc's Request.
CC Charged : 12th Aug 2013
Nomination.....
PER Received : 16th Aug 2013
AOR Received.
18th Oct 2013
Med's Request
21st Dec 2013
Med's Done....
26th Dec 2013
Passport Req..
24th Dec 2013
VISA ISSUED...
14th Feb 2013
Jatpunjabi said:
Friends,
a question not much related to this forum

Is it wise to quit government job in India for Canadian PR ?
Disclaimer : The content i wrote below is my personal opinion and is heavy on philosophy. Read with an open mind, or simply ignore...

If you are asking this question at this juncture..maybe you need to rethink why you decided to go to Canada in the first place ? There are tons of examples of people who leave their well established jobs in India to go to Canada just because someone told them that "kisey de chache de munde ne uthey jaa ke vaado paise kamaye ( someone's uncle's son made a lot of money in Canada) ".

You might regret your decision that you decided to go to Canada because of listening to someone about how somebody else was doing extremely well there. Everyone may have different motivation to immigrate. If you are in a senior position here in a Govt. dept and are used to a way of life where you don't have to do each and everything yourself, and get a lot of respect here. I would personally suggest you to stay in India. But if you are ready to take a risk and are ready to start work at may be at a front line position, with a hope of better standard of living, more peaceful but individualistic society, and efficient public institutions, better health and educational facilities for your children then Canada can be very rewarding, we have to slog for it though, its not easy.

For anyone moving to Canada, we might have to leave behind certain beliefs related to work culture, societal norms of our native countries with an open mind. If we don't do that, we will all be nostalgic and will always be thinking 'How we used to do stuff this way back in India' and ' How I never had to even pick up a glass of water for myself'. Bodies and mind in different places can cause havoc.

Dont listen to what I say or others say. Be clear on what was the starting point of all this, what was the core reason behind all this quest to go to another country in the first place.

I apologise If i have sounded rude, but I could not help but reply to your question.

Mahyn

Jun 29, 2013
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
12 Dec 2013
Doc's Request.
CC charged: 14 Jan 2013
Nomination.....
PER : 6 Feb 2014
AOR Received.
n.a
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
Processing Started: 10 April 2014
Med's Request
19-06-2014
Med's Done....
26-06-2014
Interview........
waived.
Passport Req..
28 July 2014
VISA ISSUED...
29 July 2014
LANDED..........
26 august 2014
rawdah said:

Your status is updated.

Hello Rawdah

Please update my ECAS status too.

IN PROCESS. We have received your application for PR on December 12, 2013.

No PER/NER or any sort of communication from CIC yet. I checked using my old UCI ( the one they had put on my previous returned application)

Thanks
Regards

i-Man

Star Member
May 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2013
Nomination.....
PER: 26-06-2013
Med's Request
15-01-2014
Med's Done....
25-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-09-2014
Stoic said:
Disclaimer : The content i wrote below is my personal opinion and is heavy on philosophy. Read with an open mind, or simply ignore...

If you are asking this question at this juncture..maybe you need to rethink why you decided to go to Canada in the first place ? There are tons of examples of people who leave their well established jobs in India to go to Canada just because someone told them that "kisey de chache de munde ne uthey jaa ke vaado paise kamaye ( someone's uncle's son made a lot of money in Canada) ".

You might regret your decision that you decided to go to Canada because of listening to someone about how somebody else was doing extremely well there. Everyone may have different motivation to immigrate. If you are in a senior position here in a Govt. dept and are used to a way of life where you don't have to do each and everything yourself, and get a lot of respect here. I would personally suggest you to stay in India. But if you are ready to take a risk and are ready to start work at may be at a front line position, with a hope of better standard of living, more peaceful but individualistic society, and efficient public institutions, better health and educational facilities for your children then Canada can be very rewarding, we have to slog for it though, its not easy.

For anyone moving to Canada, we might have to leave behind certain beliefs related to work culture, societal norms of our native countries with an open mind. If we don't do that, we will all be nostalgic and will always be thinking 'How we used to do stuff this way back in India' and ' How I never had to even pick up a glass of water for myself'. Bodies and mind in different places can cause havoc.

Dont listen to what I say or others say. Be clear on what was the starting point of all this, what was the core reason behind all this quest to go to another country in the first place.

I apologise If i have sounded rude, but I could not help but reply to your question.
sophisticated but nice. +1

islandbabe

Champion Member
Mar 26, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you for adding us to the timeline - SACouple - NOC 2263

Please update the following information:

Visa Office - Pretoria (South Africa)
Days between app received and fee - 54
Days between fee 7 PER - 12
ECAS Status - In Process
ECAS status details - We have received your application for PR on Nov 13th 2013

Thank you very much! Will keep you guys posted of status changes.

The spreadsheet, btw, is awesome!! the best out there!!

Regards

Herman
Hi please update our timeline further SACouple NOC 2263:

File transferred to Local VO on: 18/01/2014
File Arrived at Local VO on: 28/01/2014
Not sure which of the above dates is indicated on the spreadsheet.
Days between PER and File Transfer: 0

Hoping for medical requests next week!! Grin

Thank you

Herman

gaurav1182

Mar 19, 2012
Hello Amit,
I think, piping layout engineer will have good opportunity in Canada. As far as my experienced is concerned about manufacturing industry of Canada, I think most of them are moving back to USA now or already moved back as there is no cost advantage to be Canada (US $ = CAD $). We have only process industries & plants left in Canada which has to be close to natural resources which is available throughout Canada. Its resources driven economy so any job related to it will have bright future.
- Gaurav

amit80203 said:
How about Piping Layout Engineer jobs in Calgary and Edmonton?

ulasad

Star Member
Jun 8, 2013
Edinburgh
Category........
Visa Office......
London VO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-06-2013
AOR Received.
26-08-2013 PER
File Transfer...
alreay in LVO
Med's Request
14-04-2014
Med's Done....
12-06-2014
Interview........
25-March-2014, positive Response
Passport Req..
PPR1 on 23-09-2014 ,PPR2 on 21-10-14
VISA ISSUED...
05-11-14 , passport returned : 10-11-14
LANDED..........
inshaAllah soon
Mahyn said:
Hello Rawdah

Please update my ECAS status too.

IN PROCESS. We have received your application for PR on December 12, 2013.

No PER/NER or any sort of communication from CIC yet. I checked using my old UCI ( the one they had put on my previous returned application)

Thanks
Regards
congrats ;) , can u please tell where are u located, thnx