+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2013 Applicants Timeline- Lets Network Here.

who1074

Star Member
Nov 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 OCT 13
Nomination.....
PER 06 JAN 14
AOR Received.
N/A
IELTS Request
8.0 (L: 8.5, R: 8.0, W: 7.5, S: 7.0)
Med's Request
26 JUN 14
Med's Done....
21 JUL 14
Passport Req..
12 NOV 2014 (PPR1)
VISA ISSUED...
16 JAN 2015
rakeshtk said:
There were members in this forum whose application accepted and sent to NDVO even after not mentioning visa office name and there was another whose application got rejected as becoz he didnt mentioned the visa office. It depends on luck and visa officer who going to evaluate the documents. I think as becoz u mentioned the country name thy may send it to NDVO....
Visa office should be mentioned on the application but leaving it blank or even a wrong visa office shall not be the cause of rejection. Rejection letters specify all the mistakes but there are few particular mistakes that actually cause the rejection. You see it is possible to validate the generic form with out visa office so absolutely no worries. Sleep tight.

mr.Hope

Oct 12, 2012
Calgary
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04/7/13, DD Charged-29/9/13, PER - 03/12/13
AOR Received.
16/1/2014 Interview: 15-4-2014
Med's Request
22-4-2014 Passport Req:22-4-2014
Med's Done....
28-4-2014 3rd line updated: 9-05-14
VISA ISSUED...
6-6-2014
LANDED..........
Mid Of September !!!
HI I applied on 3rd July .....received PER on 3rd December.......and on CIC site its saying the below :

"We received your application for permanent residence on July 3, 2013".

could anyone please explain what will be the next step.....is it just sending the file to my visa office or anything else.

rakeshtk

Dec 26, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
who1074 said:
Visa office should be mentioned on the application but leaving it blank or even a wrong visa office shall not be the cause of rejection. Rejection letters specify all the mistakes but there are few particular mistakes that actually cause the rejection. You see it is possible to validate the generic form with out visa office so absolutely no worries. Sleep tight.

Hi Who1074,

Have a look at the message of the applicant whose document got rejected for not mentioning the visa office. It was the first mistake quoted by CIC.....

immasum said:
hello brothers/sisters... Today (2 hrs back) i receive my package back from CIC. They issued rejection letter on 24th Sep and i receive here today.

However in my rejection letter they mentioned 2 points.

1. I did not mentioned my "VISA office name" in Generic Form (Valid :( )
2. "Additional Family information" Form need to submit. (Not Valid, as i found my form inside the pack)

Admins/members thanks a lot for being supportive all the time. All the best Guyzzz....

AB211

Star Member
Oct 17, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-07-2013
AOR Received.
31-Oct-2013
File Transfer...
31-Oct-2013
Med's Request
20-Jan-2014
Passport Req..
20-Jan-2014
Very intresting and useful article....

"Five Common Immigration Mistakes You May Be Making

Below are five mistakes that applicants for permanent residency, temporary work, and even visitor visas should look out for.
1) Inconsistencies in Personal and Educational History – Applications for permanent residency, as well as some applications for temporary residency, require individuals to list in detail their travel history, personal history, and/or educational history. There should be absolutely no gaps in this history. Unexplained periods of time, even as short as a week, must be accounted for.How to avoid: Even short vacations should be noted on a travel history. For personal history, periods of time when you were unemployed should still be accounted for. You should double- and triple-check this part of your application to make sure that dates align properly. These dates should also correspond with supporting documents such as letters of reference.

2) Language Test Scores are Insufficient – Most Canadian permanent residency programs require proof of proficiency in either English or French. Proficiency is defined according to the Canadian Level Benchmark (CLB) system.Different standardized tests may be accepted for proof of language ability depending on the immigration program one is applying under. However, applicants must meet minimum CLB levels in all language abilities being evaluated for a program. These abilities include reading, writing, speaking, listening, or a combination of the four.For instance, the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) is one of the tests accepted as proof of English proficiency for the Federal Skilled Worker Program. Applicants submitting IELTS scores must meet at least CLB level 7 in all four language abilities. This amounts to a score of 6.0 in each language ability. If even one ability is scored less than a 6.0, the applicant will be deemed ineligible for immigration through this program.How to avoid: Double-check the language requirements for your specific program. Make sure that you meet or exceed the minimum levels in each language ability.

3) Listing Ineligible Dependents – For Canadian permanent residency applications, only spouses, common-law partners, and/or eligible biological or legally adopted children may be listed as dependents by the principal applicant. However, some applicants misunderstand this limitation and list other family members such as parents or siblings as dependents. These individuals may not be included on an application, and doing so may slow down and application’s processing time.How to avoid: Make sure that only your eligible dependents are listed as dependents.

4) Employment Letters Do Not Comply with Requirements – Most programs require that work experience be proven by providing an employment letter. These letters, by current and/or previous employers, explain the kind of work an individual has performed on a day-to-day basis.The following must be included in reference letters:
Position heldHoursSalary and working conditions
Description of job duties
Employer’s signature
Printed on company letterhead
Company information such as address and contact information

If the above requirements are not met, ane mployment letter may not be recognized as proof of the applicant’s work experience.How to avoid: Check your employment letters after receiving them. Providing an employer with a basic template outlining these requirements can also help.

5) Using an Unauthorized Representative – In order to minimize mistakes like those above, many individuals choose to hire a representative to assist them with their application. Representatives may be paid or unpaid, but if paid they must be a lawyer or immigration consultant authorized by the government to assist Canadian immigration applicants.Unfortunately for applicants, there are many fraudsters claiming to be immigration representatives, when in fact they are not authorized to represent individuals. These phony representatives are not accountable to the government or a professional order, and will often request large sums of money for a ‘guaranteed’ visa.Avoid this mistake: If looking for a representative, do not hesitate to ask for their professional credentials. An immigration lawyer must be registered with the law society in their province of residence and an immigration consultant by the ICCRC (Immigration Consultants of Canada Regulation Council) .

In Conclusion
“With so many immigration programs currently subject to intake caps, it is of the utmost importance that applicants get it right the first time,” said Attorney David Cohen. “It would be a shame to see an application returned because of an avoidable mistake, only to then have the applicant become ineglible for immigration because their program cap has filled.”The process of coming to Canada, whether as a visitor, worker, student, or permanent resident, can result in a life-changing opportunity for applicants and their families. Because of this, it is of the utmost importance that individuals complete their applications with care. With a little work and careful planning, they can make sure that their goals are not dashed by an easily avoidable mistake.

AB211

Star Member
Oct 17, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-07-2013
AOR Received.
31-Oct-2013
File Transfer...
31-Oct-2013
Med's Request
20-Jan-2014
Passport Req..
20-Jan-2014
Posted assuming it must help someone in the forum....

AB211 said:
Very intresting and useful article....

"Five Common Immigration Mistakes You May Be Making

Below are five mistakes that applicants for permanent residency, temporary work, and even visitor visas should look out for.
1) Inconsistencies in Personal and Educational History – Applications for permanent residency, as well as some applications for temporary residency, require individuals to list in detail their travel history, personal history, and/or educational history. There should be absolutely no gaps in this history. Unexplained periods of time, even as short as a week, must be accounted for.How to avoid: Even short vacations should be noted on a travel history. For personal history, periods of time when you were unemployed should still be accounted for. You should double- and triple-check this part of your application to make sure that dates align properly. These dates should also correspond with supporting documents such as letters of reference.

2) Language Test Scores are Insufficient – Most Canadian permanent residency programs require proof of proficiency in either English or French. Proficiency is defined according to the Canadian Level Benchmark (CLB) system.Different standardized tests may be accepted for proof of language ability depending on the immigration program one is applying under. However, applicants must meet minimum CLB levels in all language abilities being evaluated for a program. These abilities include reading, writing, speaking, listening, or a combination of the four.For instance, the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) is one of the tests accepted as proof of English proficiency for the Federal Skilled Worker Program. Applicants submitting IELTS scores must meet at least CLB level 7 in all four language abilities. This amounts to a score of 6.0 in each language ability. If even one ability is scored less than a 6.0, the applicant will be deemed ineligible for immigration through this program.How to avoid: Double-check the language requirements for your specific program. Make sure that you meet or exceed the minimum levels in each language ability.

3) Listing Ineligible Dependents – For Canadian permanent residency applications, only spouses, common-law partners, and/or eligible biological or legally adopted children may be listed as dependents by the principal applicant. However, some applicants misunderstand this limitation and list other family members such as parents or siblings as dependents. These individuals may not be included on an application, and doing so may slow down and application's processing time.How to avoid: Make sure that only your eligible dependents are listed as dependents.

4) Employment Letters Do Not Comply with Requirements – Most programs require that work experience be proven by providing an employment letter. These letters, by current and/or previous employers, explain the kind of work an individual has performed on a day-to-day basis.The following must be included in reference letters:
Position heldHoursSalary and working conditions
Description of job duties
Employer's signature
Printed on company letterhead
Company information such as address and contact information

If the above requirements are not met, ane mployment letter may not be recognized as proof of the applicant's work experience.How to avoid: Check your employment letters after receiving them. Providing an employer with a basic template outlining these requirements can also help.

5) Using an Unauthorized Representative – In order to minimize mistakes like those above, many individuals choose to hire a representative to assist them with their application. Representatives may be paid or unpaid, but if paid they must be a lawyer or immigration consultant authorized by the government to assist Canadian immigration applicants.Unfortunately for applicants, there are many fraudsters claiming to be immigration representatives, when in fact they are not authorized to represent individuals. These phony representatives are not accountable to the government or a professional order, and will often request large sums of money for a ‘guaranteed' visa.Avoid this mistake: If looking for a representative, do not hesitate to ask for their professional credentials. An immigration lawyer must be registered with the law society in their province of residence and an immigration consultant by the ICCRC (Immigration Consultants of Canada Regulation Council) .

In Conclusion
“With so many immigration programs currently subject to intake caps, it is of the utmost importance that applicants get it right the first time,” said Attorney David Cohen. “It would be a shame to see an application returned because of an avoidable mistake, only to then have the applicant become ineglible for immigration because their program cap has filled.”The process of coming to Canada, whether as a visitor, worker, student, or permanent resident, can result in a life-changing opportunity for applicants and their families. Because of this, it is of the utmost importance that individuals complete their applications with care. With a little work and careful planning, they can make sure that their goals are not dashed by an easily avoidable mistake.

islandbabe

Champion Member
Mar 26, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can travelled even after 7 months...people do it in Canada EVERY day.

welcomecanada said:
Hi islandbabe ,

Thanks for your answer,
My doubt is that, Up to 7 months of pregnancy only we could travel in planes(As per my understandings.. Please correct if wrong).
If we get the VIsa stamped after or near to 7 months, what is the best way to proceed?

dingar

Star Member
Jan 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30- March-2010
AOR Received.
12- November-2010
Med's Request
21- February- 2013
Med's Done....
25-March-2013, Medical Received line- 14 November, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21- February- 2013
VISA ISSUED...
decision made on 6 jan 2014
LANDED..........
Very soon ..... :)
Domestic travel is different from international travel.............There are surely other more experienced people to answer your question on this forum I am sure but one thing is for sure you cannot travel to Canada after 7 months of pregnancy ........... Guess you have to wait for the baby then and get the baby's papers added to your COPR at that time..........

islandbabe said:
You can travelled even after 7 months...people do it in Canada EVERY day.

who1074

Star Member
Nov 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 OCT 13
Nomination.....
PER 06 JAN 14
AOR Received.
N/A
IELTS Request
Med's Request
26 JUN 14
Med's Done....
21 JUL 14
Passport Req..
12 NOV 2014 (PPR1)
VISA ISSUED...
16 JAN 2015
My CC was charged today. I am Oct 18th applicant.
Admins please update row 395.

islandbabe

Champion Member
Mar 26, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If they get their PR...they can land even when the wife is 9 months pregnant.

dingar said:
Domestic travel is different from international travel.............There are surely other more experienced people to answer your question on this forum I am sure but one thing is for sure you cannot travel to Canada after 7 months of pregnancy ........... Guess you have to wait for the baby then and get the baby's papers added to your COPR at that time..........

dod1978

Jun 20, 2013
I have a question on the PCC from USA. I understand that we will have to get the PCC from FBI.
But is there anybody in the group who has received request to get PCC from individual states ?
If yes, can you please share the details ?

Good luck to everybody.

bhFSW2174

Jun 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
[b][color=green]NDVO[/color][/b]
NOC Code......
[b][color=green]2174[/color][/b]
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
[b][color=green]15/05/2013[/color][/b]
AOR Received.
[b][color=green]Received PER on 25/07/2013[/color][/b]
IELTS Request
[b][color=green]Submitted[/color][/b]
File Transfer...
[b][color=green]Completed[/color][/b]
Med's Request
[b][color=green]10/04/2014, Processing started on 02/04/2014. [/color][/b]
Med's Done....
[b][color=green]Medical results have been received on 21/04/2014[/color][/b]
Interview........
Waived Off
Passport Req..
[b][color=green]Yes, RPRF encashment done on 23/04/2014[/color][/b]
VISA ISSUED...
[b][color=green]God Blessed us with DM on 25/05/2014[/color][/b]
LANDED..........
[b][color=green]Certainly, in May/June 2014[/color][/b]
who1074 said:
My CC was charged today. I am Oct 18th applicant.
Admins please update row 395.
Dear Member,
you are getting updated by my fellow admins :D. Congrats :D

SaravK

Star Member
Apr 4, 2013
Georgia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2013
AOR Received.
PER in June
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
04-07-2013
Med's Request
24-09-2013
Med's Done....
29-10-2013
Passport Req..
07-11-2013. Received by CIC: 19-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-2013
LANDED..........
28-05-2014
dod1978 said:
I have a question on the PCC from USA. I understand that we will have to get the PCC from FBI.
But is there anybody in the group who has received request to get PCC from individual states ?
If yes, can you please share the details ?

Good luck to everybody.
Did you get a request to get PCC from individual states? I submitted only one PCC for my overall stay in the US. I think its centralized as we cannot go to each state's police station to get a certificate. And FBI certificate is for your stay in the entire US and not for 1 state alone.

who1074

Star Member
Nov 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 OCT 13
Nomination.....
PER 06 JAN 14
AOR Received.
N/A
IELTS Request
Med's Request
26 JUN 14
Med's Done....
21 JUL 14
Passport Req..
12 NOV 2014 (PPR1)
VISA ISSUED...
16 JAN 2015
rakeshtk said:
Hi Who1074,

Have a look at the message of the applicant whose document got rejected for not mentioning the visa office. It was the first mistake quoted by CIC.....
Boss in my opinion the application was rejected because family information form was not provided. Yes there was a mistake of missing visa office but it is not the cause of rejection. All the mistakes that can cause rejection can be extracted from CIC manual for fsw 2013. The manual is available online. Missing visa office shall not result in rejection.