+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2013 Applicants Timeline- Lets Network Here.

olammy

May 10, 2013
NEED YOUR ADVICE ON APPLICATION FOR FEDERAL SKILLED TRADES PROGRAM.(FSTP)

Hi everyone,

I am a Farm Supervisor and my Job is listed among the list of jobs for the FSTP when I checked through the NOC.
kindly advice me on following questions:

1. How do I apply for the skilled trade program?
2 . Do I need to submit certificate of trade from Canada?
3. Does my offer for full time employment in my current place of work as a farm supervisor in Nigeria suffice for the certificate of qualification in skilled trade .
4. What are the necessary requirement needed to apply under the scheme of federal skilled trade program.
5. Can I still apply under the scheme for this year 2013?

Your response will be appreciated.

addy34

Star Member
Sep 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
london
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-12-2013
Nomination.....
PER: 02/02/2014
nekeol said:
u should attach with application propr proof of residence, such as visa page copy, and some official documents as fees deposits, new visa application forms, proof of ur residence as rent agreemnt, or other document whch can be sufficnet reliable proof of residence. u can add that I will submitt my visa after renewl of visa from Norwey through a letter to canada immigration officer. but make sure other documents r ready with u..
Thank you, but what should i write in the generic application form under visa status tab? and also under To and From box?

thebaft

Nov 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-06-2013
AOR Received.
12-09-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application (IELTS Band 7.5 L:8.0 R:7.5 W:7.0 S:8.0)
File Transfer...
Received by Accra VO on 24-09-2013 (GCMS Notes)
Med's Request
02-10-2014
Med's Done....
10-10-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
23-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
31-10-2014
LANDED..........
31-03-2015
Re: NEED YOUR ADVICE ON APPLICATION FOR FEDERAL SKILLED TRADES PROGRAM.(FSTP)

olammy said:
Hi everyone,

I am a Farm Supervisor and my Job is listed among the list of jobs for the FSTP when I checked through the NOC.
kindly advice me on following questions:

1. How do I apply for the skilled trade program?
2 . Do I need to submit certificate of trade from Canada?
3. Does my offer for full time employment in my current place of work as a farm supervisor in Nigeria suffice for the certificate of qualification in skilled trade .
4. What are the necessary requirement needed to apply under the scheme of federal skilled trade program.
5. Can I still apply under the scheme for this year 2013?

Your response will be appreciated.
You can ask your question in the FSTC thread ...
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/new-fsw-points-criteria-announced-new-federal-skilled-trades-class-fstc-t115576.0.html

Freebird_76

Jun 5, 2012
Cairo
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats Chinook!!!! ;)

Happy to see that first one from our forum getting his visa already. We started this dream together in this forum and any good news is considered good news for all of us.

Wish you a safe landing and good luck in your new start, bro :D

CastroHawk

Aug 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2013 PER Date .......: 09-09-2013
Med's Request
24-01-2014
Med's Done....
04-02-2014
Passport Req..
15-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
08-04-2014
Re: The Canadian PR process successfully ended after 5 months and 28 days !!

Chinook said:
Hi Everyone,

Finally I got back my passport with a shining Canadian PR Immigrant stamp for a single entry to day.
Many Many congrats Chinook & +100000000 for keeping us informed and sharing all these important news and details
May God grant you a safe :) Happy Landing :)
wishing you the best of Luck there our forum 1st ambassador
& don't forget about ur fellows here in the forum :D

cnonline

Star Member
Jun 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sent on May 23, 2013. Received by CIC on May 28, 2013
AOR Received.
CPPO does not send
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
Aug 16, 2013 (@ time of PER)
Med's Request
Nov 13, 2013
Med's Done....
Nov 21, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 23, 2013. PP sent on Dec 30, 2013, received by CPPO on Jan 6, 2014.
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 23, 2013 --- Valid until Dec 5, 2014.
LANDED..........
Mar 08, 2014

Chinook,

Congrats buddy. I am following you (hopefully) after I receive my MR. :) I am too from 2131. Well, all the best and when you can, share your landing experience too! You describe it great.

Good luck as always.

Chinook said:
Hi Everyone,

Finally I got back my passport with a shining Canadian PR Immigrant stamp for a single entry to day.

I had mailed my passport by Fedex on 16th Oct to CPPO which they received the very next day.
In the whole 6 months of visa processing, I had this nerve wrecking 2 weeks waiting time, since there is no way to know when I will get back the passport. I had seen from other forum that people had waited 3-6 weeks to get back their passport. And to make things worse, CIC says, they are not responsible if the document is lost!

I had enclosed a prepaid self addressed Canadian "Xpresspost?USA" envelope which had the tracking facility and signature requirement. I started monitoring Canadian Postal web site after 10 days of submission. The tracking got activated on 31st Oct evening and today on 2nd Nov I received the passport.
(My suggestion to all CPPO applicants who have already sent their passports .. Don't waste your time tracking the Canadian Postal web site multiple times in a day. As CPPO sends the packages to the local Post Office in the closing hours of evening, you may like to check their web site just once every day after 18:30Hrs Eastern time). I observed that applicants residing in Canada and sending their passports under other programs wait longer to get back their passports.

My medical report was uploaded on 26th Sep, and the the E mail for Passport Request came on 11th Oct. I am surprised to note that my single entry Immigrant PR Visa will expire on 11th Oct 2014. (Perhaps that is the day CPPO had approved my medical report.)

Along with the passport, they had sent me two copies of "Confirmation of PR", of which one copy bears my photo at the bottom and an additional information sheet.

The salient points given in the "Info Sheet" are enumerated below.

1. Sign the copies of CPR only at the time of landing when instructed by the IO at the port of entry.
2. New immigrants are not eligible for public health insurance for upto 3 months after arrival. Plan to buy private health care insurance till such time you get Govt aided care.
3. Medical surveillance code 1 valid up to 11th Oct 2014. (I do not know what this means)
4. You must inform CIC of any change in marital status and composition of family if it occurs after issue of visa and before landing. CIC will inform you what further procedures to be followed.
4. Landing cannot be made after the expiry of PR visa which becomes null and void. Under no circumstances the PR visa can be extended even by a day.
5. If you fail to make the landing before the visa expires, you will have to reapply for visa as per the existing laws and conditions and the fact a CPR was previously issued to you does not mean that subsequent application will be approved.
6. Any approved family member may accompany or follow the principal applicant, but cannot arrive in Canada before the principal applicant.
7. Any approved family member who does not join the principal applicant before the expiry of CPR, must reapply and be accepted again for immigration.

That is the end of my journey to get Canadian PR.

Good luck to the remaining members who are eagerly waiting for their Shiny Maple leaf stamp in their passport.

addy34

Star Member
Sep 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
london
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-12-2013
Nomination.....
PER: 02/02/2014
Hi everyone,

Currently i am living in Norway but i a have applied for my visa extension which could take three or more months. my previous visa has already been expired. Now i want to apply for FSW, can you guys tell me what should i write in application form (generic) where i have to mention my visa status , and also what dates i can write in To and From tab?

One more thing, can i pay application fee with Debit card?

Regards,
Addy

JJames

Aug 22, 2013
Happy to inform that my application have been received by New Delhi visa office.

Received Acknowledgment email dated 31st October.

Kindly update.

annrabi

Oct 7, 2013
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-9-2013

Chinook said:
Hi Everyone,

I had mailed my passport by Fedex on 16th Oct to CPPO which they received the very next day.
In the whole 6 months of visa processing, I had this nerve wrecking 2 weeks waiting time, since there is no way to know when I will get back the passport. I had seen from other forum that people had waited 3-6 weeks to get back their passport. And to make things worse, CIC says, they are not responsible if the document is lost!

I had enclosed a prepaid self addressed Canadian "Xpresspost?USA" envelope which had the tracking facility and signature requirement. I started monitoring Canadian Postal web site after 10 days of submission. The tracking got activated on 31st Oct evening and today on 2nd Nov I received the passport.
(My suggestion to all CPPO applicants who have already sent their passports .. Don't waste your time tracking the Canadian Postal web site multiple times in a day. As CPPO sends the packages to the local Post Office in the closing hours of evening, you may like to check their web site just once every day after 18:30Hrs Eastern time). I observed that applicants residing in Canada and sending their passports under other programs wait longer to get back their passports.

My medical report was uploaded on 26th Sep, and the the E mail for Passport Request came on 11th Oct. I am surprised to note that my single entry Immigrant PR Visa will expire on 11th Oct 2014. (Perhaps that is the day CPPO had approved my medical report.)

Along with the passport, they had sent me two copies of "Confirmation of PR", of which one copy bears my photo at the bottom and an additional information sheet.

1. Sign the copies of CPR only at the time of landing when instructed by the IO at the port of entry.
2. New immigrants are not eligible for public health insurance for upto 3 months after arrival. Plan to buy private health care insurance till such time you get Govt aided care.
3. Medical surveillance code 1 valid up to 11th Oct 2014. (I do not know what this means)
4. You must inform CIC of any change in marital status and composition of family if it occurs after issue of visa and before landing. CIC will inform you what further procedures to be followed.
4. Landing cannot be made after the expiry of PR visa which becomes null and void. Under no circumstances the PR visa can be extended even by a day.
5. If you fail to make the landing before the visa expires, you will have to reapply for visa as per the existing laws and conditions and the fact a CPR was previously issued to you does not mean that subsequent application will be approved.
6. Any approved family member may accompany or follow the principal applicant, but cannot arrive in Canada before the principal applicant.
7. Any approved family member who does not join the principal applicant before the expiry of CPR, must reapply and be accepted again for immigration.

Good luck to the remaining members who are eagerly waiting for their Shiny Maple leaf stamp in their passport.

Congrats Chinook.....we got much information from u even if we are not on this stage.....plz don't forget to share intermediate steps if any & ur landing experience too......will be hopping for ur further progress.....

laksmisesh

Star Member
Jan 29, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI, INDIA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2013
Doc's Request.
NA
AOR Received.
10-07-2013
IELTS Request
CLB 7
File Transfer...
30-07-2013
Hi All

I have not received any background verification check yet. Will let you guys know incase i receive any.

Thanks
Laksmisesh

laksmisesh

Star Member
Jan 29, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI, INDIA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2013
Doc's Request.
NA
AOR Received.
10-07-2013
IELTS Request
CLB 7
File Transfer...
30-07-2013
ashif_eee said:
[size=10pt][size=10pt]WoW u received PER on 18th OCT and in between ur file was transferred to Sau paulo and u find MR on 30th OCT...this is beyond imagination in my sense!!..

Congrats bro...isshssshhhhh would our SGVO have 1/10 th of this speed!!...feeling Jealous... :p :p :p ;D ;D
[/size][/size]
Many congrats ashif_eee :)

member2013

Aug 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-07-2013

CONGRADS TO YOU.
I too someday would like to me in your position as i wait patiently for positive response from my VO.

Safe landing!! :) Enjoy

yardie

Star Member
Oct 8, 2013
Visa Office......
Kingston
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-07-2013
Nomination.....
PER 27-09-2013

Congrats once again Chinook. I personally am very happy for you. Your post really keep me thinking positive. I'm glad you got your PR visa and are now planning your landing date.

All the best and keep us posted!!!

Chinook said:
Hi Everyone,

Ahmed Reda

Star Member
Aug 2, 2013
Calgary
Visa Office......
Calgary
NOC Code......

yardie said:
Congrats once again Chinook. I personally am very happy for you. Your post really keep me thinking positive. I'm glad you got your PR visa and are now planning your landing date.

All the best and keep us posted!!!
Many congrats ;) :) ;) :)