+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2013 Applicants Timeline- Lets Network Here.

edvrfn

Dec 4, 2013
Punjab
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-07-2013
AOR Received.
26-10-2013
File Transfer...
26-10-2013
Med's Request
24-12-2013
Med's Done....
28-12-2013
Passport Req..
02-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
21-07-2014
devkis said:
I am little confused with the MR letter. I checked with a few of forum friends and received a replies also. Thanks for your help. I am just throwing it before entire forum to get more insight in to it. Pray help. (sorry for a long post)
----

Devkis,, did you receive medical form fo each member or you alone
/If for all no issues go ahead with medicals and submit passpors as well for all separetaly
/If for you alone, i guess you should check with medical examiner as they have the ability to download forms(know this as repored by members in the forum earlier), after which you can submit passports for all..

ryt2parag

Star Member
Sep 26, 2013
India Mumbai
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-07-2013
AOR Received.
28-10-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
23-12-2013
Med's Done....
11-01-2014
Interview........
Waived Off
Passport Req..
23-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
10th June (on my BD)
LANDED..........
Completed Short Landing in Nov 2014
iktheone said:
Hi Parag did u get DM or waiting after medicals done?
I am waiting for DM.

devkis

Jun 4, 2013
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi<br>NOC Code......: 2132<br>App. Filed.......: 05-Jun-2013<br>Fees Charged.: 20-Aug-2013<br>PER Received..: 29-Aug-2013<br>AOR Received.: 24-Oct--2013<br>Proc. Started...: 24-Feb-2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
19-Mar-2014<br>Passport Req..: 19-Mar-2014<br>Med's Done.....: 04-Apr-2014<br>PP Sent to VO..: 08-Apr-2014<br>RPRF Encashed: 16-Apr-2014<br>Med's Recvd....: 19-Apr-2014<br>DM on ECAS....: 24-May-2014<br>PP Rcvd. Back.: 31-May-2014
edvrfn said:
Devkis,, did you receive medical form fo each member or you alone
/If for all no issues go ahead with medicals and submit passpors as well for all separetaly
/If for you alone, i guess you should check with medical examiner as they have the ability to download forms(know this as repored by members in the forum earlier), after which you can submit passports for all..
SAP_BW, edvrfn...thanks guys.

Yes, I do have MR forms for all members. So, I guess I need not worry about the letter part then. Thanks again.

devkis

Jun 4, 2013
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi<br>NOC Code......: 2132<br>App. Filed.......: 05-Jun-2013<br>Fees Charged.: 20-Aug-2013<br>PER Received..: 29-Aug-2013<br>AOR Received.: 24-Oct--2013<br>Proc. Started...: 24-Feb-2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
19-Mar-2014<br>Passport Req..: 19-Mar-2014<br>Med's Done.....: 04-Apr-2014<br>PP Sent to VO..: 08-Apr-2014<br>RPRF Encashed: 16-Apr-2014<br>Med's Recvd....: 19-Apr-2014<br>DM on ECAS....: 24-May-2014<br>PP Rcvd. Back.: 31-May-2014
mish said:
Thanks, my VO is London,PCC sent,DD,,Receiving time:10:00 am,signed by:M.conn,Destination:toronto canada (inshallah)

please do ask for any info u need
Thanks mish. Updated.

harkiratg

Apr 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
FSW13_Hope said:
ITS MR and PPR FINALLLY!!!!

Admins Please update spreadsheet.

Thanks for the constant support everyone!!!!
Congrats Buddy for this much awaited mail!!!

babub

Star Member
Sep 29, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
devkis said:
I am little confused with the MR letter. I checked with a few of forum friends and received a replies also. Thanks for your help. I am just throwing it before entire forum to get more insight in to it. Pray help. (sorry for a long post)

Actually the MR letter (extract beneath) addresses me only. It asks me to complete medicals, pay RPRF, and send passports. Although, I have my spouse, son and daughter on the application as well, the does not specifically say that complete the medicals or pay RPRF or send passports for ALL THE APPLICANTS ON YOUR APPLICATION.

1. Is it implied that I should perform all the steps for all members on my application? Or should the requirements be mentioned specifically for each member in the family? I received medical forms for all members. Common sense dictates we all to complete the medicals. But what about the passports? Should I send passports for all members? If i have to split the hair, it does say "Please submit all passports, old and new, once your medical examinations are over." So it could very well mean passports for all members. (Gee! I have never been so critical and crazy in my life)

2. I will need to print this letter and include it in the package. Technically it does not mention anything for my spouse or children. If I send RPRF and passports for all, will it frustrate them implying that I can not even follow simple written instructions.

3. People who applied with family, did their letter mentions names/ UCI of your spouse and dependents as well?

Any insights/ suggestions are greatly appreciated.

-----Extract of the MR letter ----

Dear DEVKIxxx xxx:

This refers to your application for admission to Canada.
In order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require the following:

UCI 5xxxx - DEVKIxxx xxxxx:
> Medical: Complete or provide proof of completion of the Immigration medical examination Please submit proof of medical examinations completed This must be received at this office by: xx/xx/xxxx
> RPRF: Pay the Right of Permanent Residence fee This must be received at this office by: xx/xx/xxxx
> Passport/Travel Document: Valid passport or travel document Please submit all passports, old and new, once your medical examinations are over. This must be received at this office by: xx/xx/xxxx

(Date format is MM/DD/YYYY)

Failure to submit them within that time period could result in the refusal of your application. Please quote our complete file number on your correspondence and address your correspondence to the High Commission at the address indicated below.
----

Dear devkis,

According to my knowledge, the primary applicant only will get the information not the family members since all the dependents would comes under the mail applicant so you don want to worry, proceed further, my prayer will be ther fr yu..

Harry13

Aug 10, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
harryy said:
Congrats Harry, could u pls share ur timelines...when u sent ur passports and when RPRF DD was encashed...

Cheers!!!
I sent my pp on 28.1.14 and RPRF was en-cashed on 5.02.2014

devkis

Jun 4, 2013
India
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
babub said:
Dear devkis,

According to my knowledge, the primary applicant only will get the information not the family members since all the dependents would comes under the mail applicant so you don want to worry, proceed further, my prayer will be ther fr yu..
Thanks babub. I will go ahead with the medicals.

Wish and pray PERs, AORs, MRs, DMs for all my friends. :)

islandbabe

Champion Member
Mar 26, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Devkis,

The letter addresses you because you are the primary applicant.

This is what you must do....Medicals for ALL family member. RPRF for all ADULTS on the application, so yourself and spouse...CAD$490 each....Children do not pay the fees. Then after Medicals submit Passports for all accompanying members of your family.

regards,
Islandbabe.

devkis said:

Actually the MR letter (extract beneath) addresses me only. It asks me to complete medicals, pay RPRF, and send passports. Although, I have my spouse, son and daughter on the application as well, the does not specifically say that complete the medicals or pay RPRF or send passports for ALL THE APPLICANTS ON YOUR APPLICATION.

1. Is it implied that I should perform all the steps for all members on my application? Or should the requirements be mentioned specifically for each member in the family? I received medical forms for all members. Common sense dictates we all to complete the medicals. But what about the passports? Should I send passports for all members? If i have to split the hair, it does say "Please submit all passports, old and new, once your medical examinations are over." So it could very well mean passports for all members. (Gee! I have never been so critical and crazy in my life)

2. I will need to print this letter and include it in the package. Technically it does not mention anything for my spouse or children. If I send RPRF and passports for all, will it frustrate them implying that I can not even follow simple written instructions.

3. People who applied with family, did their letter mentions names/ UCI of your spouse and dependents as well?

Any insights/ suggestions are greatly appreciated.

-----Extract of the MR letter ----

Dear DEVKIxxx xxx:

This refers to your application for admission to Canada.
In order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require the following:

UCI 5xxxx - DEVKIxxx xxxxx:
> Medical: Complete or provide proof of completion of the Immigration medical examination Please submit proof of medical examinations completed This must be received at this office by: xx/xx/xxxx
> RPRF: Pay the Right of Permanent Residence fee This must be received at this office by: xx/xx/xxxx
> Passport/Travel Document: Valid passport or travel document Please submit all passports, old and new, once your medical examinations are over. This must be received at this office by: xx/xx/xxxx

(Date format is MM/DD/YYYY)

Failure to submit them within that time period could result in the refusal of your application. Please quote our complete file number on your correspondence and address your correspondence to the High Commission at the address indicated below.
----

islandbabe

Champion Member
Mar 26, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MORE QORAX KNOWLEDGE:

Proof of 'Landing' Funds:
-Do we take the Bank Statement or otherwise ?

How Much needed to Show at the Airport/POE :
No. of Pax ........... Funds Reqd-CAD
1 ....................... $11,086
2 ....................... $13,801
3 ....................... $16,967
4 ....................... $20,599
5 ....................... $23,364
6 ....................... $26,350
7 or more ........... $29,337

Is it necessary to carry the P.O.F. while 'Landing' ?
100%. A part of the 'Record of Landing' "Interview" is to ensure 'sustainability' in Canada by the applicant. The IO must ensure that you carry enough funds [based on LICO] which will help you settle easily, w/out any burden on Canadian Social Services. Remember, except for 'refugees' under the Refugees Protection Act, Canada doesn't offer financial assistance for any other categories of applicants.

Irrespective of the no. of family members performing the 1st landing, the entire POF [as per the chart above] must be shown to the IO at the POE. Subsequent 'landings' by the 'accompanying dependents' do not need to show the POF.

That means, whether the PA alone or one or more of his family members are 'landing' for the 1st time, the above funds are required. It's another matter whether the IO at the POE doesn't ask for it [very often that happens]. But, w/out the POF our entry can be 'Denied'.

Bank Statement/s as POF:
This issue has been dealt in detail [recurs frequently] here. The fact remains that we will actually need those monies once we land. Under avg, & usual circumstances -the POF described by the CIC is a necessity to survive in Canada, w/out a job, for approx. 6 months. Thus, in all earnestness we 'must' carry the 'landing funds' in a 'liquid' format* -easily accessible anytime upon landing.

Now, not all Bank Statements would be acceptable for 'landing'. There are instances when a Bank Statement was negated and the applicant was denied entry. I learnt it from the various forums & listening to the experiences of some families in Canada. Most 3rd world bank's statements will not be acceptable. Some examples were given, but I refrain to put-it-up here.

However, the statement/s of banks from UK, US, Norway, ANZ etc. were accepted in quite a few cases [I know of one personally]. Also, statement/s of International Banks [having a presence in Canada] were acceptable, viz. HSBC, Stanchart, RBC etc. But again, one case stated that their Citibank Statement was not accepted.

Now, here's a dichotomy. Our landing is supposed to be one of the most beautiful experiences of our lifetime. We have given our entirety to this process, didn't we? Something we had been looking forward to -for quite sometime now. What if a particular IO refuses to accept our bank statement?

Well, we have learnt that many of the bank's statement they do accept, but what if? And then, would we be running around towards all the possible hierarchy in the CBSA at the POE for a solution -which might come by, for sure? But won't that mar the thrills of our 'long-awaited-anticipated' first-foot into the Canadian soil? Do we take that chance? Is it that important to carry the bank statement than expect to come-out of the airport, with the family & kids, in 30-45 minutes, smoothly?

*I recommend carrying them in 1)Some Cash, 2)TCs & 3)a Bank Draft [it takes about 30+ days to encash that]. -all the 3 formats [only], No Bank Statement/s.

Note: Also to reiterate that all Immigration Consultants will tell you to carry 'only' one or more of the 3 above. They wouldn't advice you to take a bank statement, why? -Check-it out with some of them.

edvrfn

Dec 4, 2013
Punjab
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-07-2013
AOR Received.
26-10-2013
File Transfer...
26-10-2013
Med's Request
24-12-2013
Med's Done....
28-12-2013
Passport Req..
02-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
21-07-2014
islandbabe said:
MORE QORAX KNOWLEDGE:

Thanks Islandbabe...much needed information by many

devkis

Jun 4, 2013
India
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
islandbabe said:
Hi Devkis,

The letter addresses you because you are the primary applicant.

This is what you must do....Medicals for ALL family member. RPRF for all ADULTS on the application, so yourself and spouse...CAD$490 each....Children do not pay the fees. Then after Medicals submit Passports for all accompanying members of your family.

regards,
Islandbabe.
Thanks islandbabe. You words and the likes from our forum members have helped me to overcome the (unnecessary) anxiety. Now I am relaxed and we are ready to take the next step. i.e. do our for medicals tomorrow. :)

Wish you and all our friends a speedy processing. :)

Vancouver14

Star Member
Sep 7, 2013
islandbabe said:
MORE QORAX KNOWLEDGE:

Is it necessary to carry the P.O.F. while 'Landing' ?
100%. A part of the 'Record of Landing' "Interview" is to ensure 'sustainability' in Canada by the applicant. The IO must ensure that you carry enough funds [based on LICO] which will help you settle easily, w/out any burden on Canadian Social Services. Remember, except for 'refugees' under the Refugees Protection Act, Canada doesn't offer financial assistance for any other categories of applicants.

Irrespective of the no. of family members performing the 1st landing, the entire POF [as per the chart above] must be shown to the IO at the POE. Subsequent 'landings' by the 'accompanying dependents' do not need to show the POF.

That means, whether the PA alone or one or more of his family members are 'landing' for the 1st time, the above funds are required. It's another matter whether the IO at the POE doesn't ask for it [very often that happens]. But, w/out the POF our entry can be 'Denied'.

Bank Statement/s as POF:
This issue has been dealt in detail [recurs frequently] here. The fact remains that we will actually need those monies once we land. Under avg, & usual circumstances -the POF described by the CIC is a necessity to survive in Canada, w/out a job, for approx. 6 months. Thus, in all earnestness we 'must' carry the 'landing funds' in a 'liquid' format* -easily accessible anytime upon landing.

Now, not all Bank Statements would be acceptable for 'landing'. There are instances when a Bank Statement was negated and the applicant was denied entry. I learnt it from the various forums & listening to the experiences of some families in Canada. Most 3rd world bank's statements will not be acceptable. Some examples were given, but I refrain to put-it-up here.

However, the statement/s of banks from UK, US, Norway, ANZ etc. were accepted in quite a few cases [I know of one personally]. Also, statement/s of International Banks [having a presence in Canada] were acceptable, viz. HSBC, Stanchart, RBC etc. But again, one case stated that their Citibank Statement was not accepted.

Now, here's a dichotomy. Our landing is supposed to be one of the most beautiful experiences of our lifetime. We have given our entirety to this process, didn't we? Something we had been looking forward to -for quite sometime now. What if a particular IO refuses to accept our bank statement?

Well, we have learnt that many of the bank's statement they do accept, but what if? And then, would we be running around towards all the possible hierarchy in the CBSA at the POE for a solution -which might come by, for sure? But won't that mar the thrills of our 'long-awaited-anticipated' first-foot into the Canadian soil? Do we take that chance? Is it that important to carry the bank statement than expect to come-out of the airport, with the family & kids, in 30-45 minutes, smoothly?

*I recommend carrying them in 1)Some Cash, 2)TCs & 3)a Bank Draft [it takes about 30+ days to encash that]. -all the 3 formats [only], No Bank Statement/s.

Note: Also to reiterate that all Immigration Consultants will tell you to carry 'only' one or more of the 3 above. They wouldn't advice you to take a bank statement, why? -Check-it out with some of them.
Hi Islanbabe,

Good Info. Another best option for POF is to deposit funds in Scotia Bank from your home country . This is safe and 100%accepted.

BC2013

Feb 21, 2012
LANDED..........
7-16-2014
islandbabe said:
MORE QORAX KNOWLEDGE:

Be careful with these old posts, since the funds required have been updated since. They are now slightly higher. The current values can be found here:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp

bhassid22

Star Member
Aug 19, 2013
How much money should you bring?
It is a good idea to research how much it costs to live in the place where you plan to settle in Canada.

Bring as much money as you can to make moving and finding a home in Canada easier. Note, however, that Canadian customs regulations require you to declare if you are bringing more than C$10,000 into Canada. If you do not tell them, you may be fined or put in prison. These funds could be in the form of:

cash
documents that show property or capital payable to you (such as stocks, bonds, debentures, treasury bills, etc.) or
documents that guarantee payment of a set amount of money, which are payable to you (such as bankers’ drafts, cheques, travellers’ cheques or money orders)