+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

" FSW 2013 Announced "

mitali

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) has announced that the new selection system for the Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP) will take effect on May 4th, 2013.

A Quick Background:

The Skilled Worker category of the FSWP has been frozen since mid-2012 so that necessary improvements could be made to the program.

The FSWP changes, as described by CIC, are as follows:

Minimum official language thresholds and increased points for official language proficiency, making language the most important factor in the selection process;

Increased emphasis on younger immigrants, who are more likely to acquire valuable Canadian experience, are better positioned to adapt to changing labour market conditions, and who will spend a greater number of years contributing to Canada's economy;

Introduction of the Educational Credential Assessment (ECA), so that education points awarded reflect the foreign credential's true value in Canada;

Changes to the arranged employment process, allowing employers to hire applicants quickly, if there is a demonstrated need in the Canadian labour market; and

Additional adaptability points for spousal language ability and Canadian work experience

These changes are part of CIC's mission to transform Canada's immigration system to one that is ‘faster and more flexible'. Immigration Minister Jason Kenney has stated that “the government's number one priority remains jobs, economic growth, and long-term prosperity. The new Federal Skilled Worker Program criteria will ensure Canada is selecting the skilled immigrants our economy needs, who are the most likely to succeed in Canada.”

Important Additional Announcements:

In addition to announcing that applications will be accepted starting May 4th, 2013, CIC made three important statements:

A list of organizations designated by the government to perform educational credential authentication and assessment will be made available in the new year;

A limit will be placed on the number of skilled worker applications the FSWP will accept for review each year. The specific number for this limit has not yet been announced; and

New applications to the FSWP will be processed in a matter of months, as opposed to a year or more.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/releases/2012/2012-12-19.asp

http://www.cicnews.com/2012/12/breaking-news-federal-skilled-worker-program-reopen-2013-122126.html

mitali

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
" Changes in Arranged employment category"

Arranged Employment is possible when a Canadian employer extends an offer of full-time permanent employment in Canada to a foreign skilled worker. The foreign skilled worker's Canadian Immigration (Permanent Resident) Visa will be expedited so that the worker can come to Canada and start working for the Canadian employer quickly.

Arranged Employment is one of ways to qualify for a Canada Permanent Resident Visa through the Federal Skilled Worker category of immigration. It also provides the Federal Skilled Worker applicant with up to an additional 10 points towards Citizenship and Immigration Canada's (CIC) selection factor requirement of 67 points.

IMPORTANT :

"Permanent job offer from a Canadian employer, without the necessity of HRSDC approval, if the job offer falls under a category that is considered LMO-exempt."

SABU79

Champion Member
Sep 17, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Mitali,
You are one of the most experienced member. Can you please tell me when I will get my ppr? My details on my left. I had to do remedical test . All complete and there is a third line on my ecas saying 'medical results have been received' . This cam on ecas on 3rd Dec. when are they gonna send me ppr? Ur advice will be appreciated.
Thank you .

jakwi

Jun 25, 2011
Dubai
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Will apply in May-2013
Dear All,

Good to hear the news at last for FSWP.

I wanted to know that I have IELTS which is going to expire on oct -2013, I got 7.5 score (L=8, R=8,W=6.5,S=7) so is it acceptable if I apply with this IELTS result card???

And one more thing I want to know that what is the meaning of this Statement "First, applicants will have to demonstrate that they meet the minimum language threshold, which is level 7 of the Canadian Language Benchmark assessment system. "
Does it mean that Ilets 7 BAND is the minimum requirement.

Regards
Waqas

vital_parsley

Star Member
Nov 3, 2012
In addition to announcing that applications will be accepted starting May 4th, 2013

Does this mean that there is no point in submitting the forms for FSWP right now... ?
Or can i still submit it ?

kulwantgill

Star Member
Sep 16, 2012
MOGA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jakwi said:
Dear All,

Good to hear the news at last for FSWP.

I wanted to know that I have IELTS which is going to expire on oct -2013, I got 7.5 score (L=8, R=8,W=6.5,S=7) so is it acceptable if I apply with this IELTS result card???

And one more thing I want to know that what is the meaning of this Statement "First, applicants will have to demonstrate that they meet the minimum language threshold, which is level 7 of the Canadian Language Benchmark assessment system. "
Does it mean that Ilets 7 BAND is the minimum requirement.

Regards
Waqas
no no clb 7 means 6 in each module...

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
vital_parsley said:
In addition to announcing that applications will be accepted starting May 4th, 2013

Does this mean that there is no point in submitting the forms for FSWP right now... ?
Or can i still submit it ?
I am wondering about the same thing: I am currently working in Canada with LMO and WP, my points will be more around 80+ under both old and new system, if I submit now, it will be processed under the old system and probably take 1-2 years, but if I wait till May, it could be processed within several months -- that's very tempting.