Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Yes
LANDED..........
Yes
Vats said:
thanks
what is your current status? do you get PER?
Not yet... just waiting patiently.
I narrowly missed 2013 FSW because my immigration lawyers were doing things at their own pace, cap was full before my application was received. But I packaged the 2014 FSW on my own.

Vats

Champion Member
Feb 3, 2012
question123409 said:
Is it too late to submit application for 2131?
I am dispatching tomorrow..
I feel you are in safe zone, last year CAP of 300 was filled in septmber month. this year CAP is of 1000 so you must be within the CAP limit.

quhsam

Jun 11, 2014
Hi, Even though I am applying in 2014, I guess you can help me with some advices
Dear all

I am a PhD student in Sweden. I have a question regarding the work experience which you might help with. I will appreciate your feedback.
I am facing a serious problem with my work experience. I am a research student (leading to PhD), performing research in the areas of civil engineering. However, i am employed by the department, working full time (40 hours/week), and receive holidays/other benefits. My duties follow the specification provided by NOC for Civil Engineers. My question is, is my work experience valid for FSW application? In the FAQ file it is stated that 'Your work experience must have been full-time (or the equivalent in part-time hours), worked continuously and paid, for over at least one year in the same occupation. Often, jobs as teaching, research or lab assistants at post-secondary institutions are part time, only for the academic year, not the full year and would not count toward the work experience requirement for this program.'
However, since I am employed full-time (as a research student) and receiving salary, will my work experience be valid? Please share your ideas/experiences.

Vats

Champion Member
Feb 3, 2012
quhsam said:
Hi, Even though I am applying in 2014, I guess you can help me with some advices
Dear all

I am a PhD student in Sweden. I have a question regarding the work experience which you might help with. I will appreciate your feedback.
I am facing a serious problem with my work experience. I am a research student (leading to PhD), performing research in the areas of civil engineering. However, i am employed by the department, working full time (40 hours/week), and receive holidays/other benefits. My duties follow the specification provided by NOC for Civil Engineers. My question is, is my work experience valid for FSW application? In the FAQ file it is stated that 'Your work experience must have been full-time (or the equivalent in part-time hours), worked continuously and paid, for over at least one year in the same occupation. Often, jobs as teaching, research or lab assistants at post-secondary institutions are part time, only for the academic year, not the full year and would not count toward the work experience requirement for this program.'
However, since I am employed full-time (as a research student) and receiving salary, will my work experience be valid? Please share your ideas/experiences.
I feel if you are employed full time and your duties are matching with NOC 2131 than you can apply, as there is no where written about study or research student.

dems

Apr 30, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sep. 29, 2014
Doc's Request.
photo request - 6-Feb-15
Nomination.....
PER: 9-Jan-15
File Transfer...
SLU updated 26Aug15, upto 5th Line update - 29Aug15
Med's Request
04-Sep-15
Med's Done....
14-Sep-15, except for our new born MR received 27Oct15
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
11-Nov-15
VISA ISSUED...
7-Dec-15
LANDED..........
In God's Time
Hi,

Anybody here who is a planner/planning civil engineer? is this job very difficult to find in canada?

any idea or advise is highly appreciated..

Thanks

Rayj

Star Member
Nov 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/05/2014
Med's Request
08/10/2014
Med's Done....
14/10/2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
20/01/2015
Vats said:
thanks
there is no any specific reason to leave on oct. but looking to my current proffessional engadgement here its tentative timeline i suppose at the earliest i can go there. yes winter is also issue during that duration. I may delay with that consideration my travel in next jan.

no about job I have no research but attanded CIIP and feel we can get job with good network and proper documents.
lets see what happen
Hi vats,

Sorry for the delayed response.

Its nice to hear that explanation. Hope you find a job soon there.

I shall keep in touch with you for any further queries.

Thanks & good luck again!!

Rayj

Star Member
Nov 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/05/2014
Med's Request
08/10/2014
Med's Done....
14/10/2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
20/01/2015
dems said:
Hi,

Anybody here who is a planner/planning civil engineer? is this job very difficult to find in canada?

any idea or advise is highly appreciated..

Thanks
Hi dems,

Even I am a Planning Engineer and hope there are plenty of opportunities there for the same as all projects can succeed only with proper planning.

Relax on that. Just try networking with as many people as possible to get the right job.

Good luck!!!

canrushi

Star Member
Jun 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-09-2014
Nomination.....
24-12-2014
IELTS Request
Already sent with appln
Med's Request
30-03-2015 (Still MR for child is pending)
Med's Done....
Me and Spouse - 15th March, Kid - 5th May... 3rd line - 12th May
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
29-07-2015
Hi,
Good to see Civil Engineers in this forum,

I am applying for FSW 2014, your help and responses will be very helpful.

Thanks,

canrushi

Star Member
Jun 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-09-2014
Nomination.....
24-12-2014
IELTS Request
Already sent with appln
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
29-07-2015
Vats said:
Yeah civil engg is broad topid even for me only 2 duties were matching form list

but you mention 6-8 lines based upon that two in your JD do not copy paste the same
Hi,

I have 1 Year of experience in the construction field as an Assistant Superintendent, so I am planning to apply under Construction Manager category. As per my experience letter only 3 job duties are matching with the duties that are mention in NOC catagory.

Seniors, please advise whether it is safe to proceed with this info?

Thanks,

mjoshi10

Jul 2, 2014
Ludhiana , Punjab
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 July 2014
Nomination.....
16th Nov 2014 (PER)
AOR Received.
NDVO do not send AOR
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
Hopefully already transferred
Med's Request
30th jan 2015
Med's Done....
10th feb 2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
18th March 2015
VISA ISSUED...
10 Apr 2015
LANDED..........
21st June 2015
I think We should Initiate FSW 2131 - 2014
Thread separately !

canrushi

Star Member
Jun 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-09-2014
Nomination.....
24-12-2014
IELTS Request
Already sent with appln
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
29-07-2015
Hi,

I have only 1 Year 10 Months of experience. Below are job activities as per NOC 0711, and I have bolded the activities that match with my profile. Also I have paraphrased those in the bracket as per my experience letter.

1. Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate construction projects from start to finish according to schedule, specifications and budget
2. Prepare and submit construction project budget estimates (Assisting in estimating/quantity takeoff in preparation of bids and change orders)
3. Plan and prepare construction schedules and milestones and monitor progress against established schedules (preparation and managing project schedule)
4. Prepare contracts and negotiate revisions, changes and additions to contractual agreements with architects, consultants, clients, suppliers and subcontractors
5. Develop and implement quality control programs
6. Represent company on matters such as business services and union contracts negotiation
7. Prepare progress reports and issue progress schedules to clients
8. Direct the purchase of building materials and land acquisitions
9. Hire and supervise the activities of subcontractors and subordinate staff. (Coordinate and Supervision of Subcontractors work on project sites)

There are other activities on the my experience letter which are not mention for NOC 0711.

Please advise whether it makes sense to apply under this category?

Vats

Champion Member
Feb 3, 2012
canrushi said:
Hi,

I have 1 Year of experience in the construction field as an Assistant Superintendent, so I am planning to apply under Construction Manager category. As per my experience letter only 3 job duties are matching with the duties that are mention in NOC catagory.

Seniors, please advise whether it is safe to proceed with this info?

Thanks,
its fine as NOC duties in civil engineering are vast and applicable for differen field of civil engineering

Vats

Champion Member
Feb 3, 2012
canrushi said:
Hi,

I have only 1 Year 10 Months of experience. Below are job activities as per NOC 0711, and I have bolded the activities that match with my profile. Also I have paraphrased those in the bracket as per my experience letter.

1. Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate construction projects from start to finish according to schedule, specifications and budget
2. Prepare and submit construction project budget estimates (Assisting in estimating/quantity takeoff in preparation of bids and change orders)
3. Plan and prepare construction schedules and milestones and monitor progress against established schedules (preparation and managing project schedule)
4. Prepare contracts and negotiate revisions, changes and additions to contractual agreements with architects, consultants, clients, suppliers and subcontractors
5. Develop and implement quality control programs
6. Represent company on matters such as business services and union contracts negotiation
7. Prepare progress reports and issue progress schedules to clients
8. Direct the purchase of building materials and land acquisitions
9. Hire and supervise the activities of subcontractors and subordinate staff. (Coordinate and Supervision of Subcontractors work on project sites)

There are other activities on the my experience letter which are not mention for NOC 0711.

Please advise whether it makes sense to apply under this category?
seems fine but do not copy and paste duties write your sefl
and add more if possible