Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 29, 2014
Doc's Request.
Submitted with app.
IELTS Request
Submitted with app.
Is that so, please contact your bank that issued the demand draft, for all i know, it is just like any other financial instrument with a validity of 6 months.

it is not safe to assume that transactions with cic will be completed in 3 months time, please advice your bank and possibly request for extension if possible.

vicky23884 said:
Hi,
Thanks for your help.....my dd was issued on 25th June and on the DD it is stated that 3months validity....that is what it makes me tense...

vicky23884

Jul 13, 2013
ldvs said:
Is that so, please contact your bank that issued the demand draft, for all i know, it is just like any other financial instrument with a validity of 6 months.

it is not safe to assume that transactions with cic will be completed in 3 months time, please advice your bank and possibly request for extension if possible.
Thanks..........My bank says to extend the duration they require original copy of DD. Also by seeing the spreadsheet I feel the DD should be en cashed. Is there any difference in the procedure to en cash DD and CC? if yes how long the difference we can expect?

subha mangal

Star Member
Sep 20, 2013
three star said:
Hi vats.... Most of my roles and responsibilities I have mentioned related to project planning using softwares and quantity estimation and preparation of BOQ....
will these be good or did I miss anything.?
Hi Three Star, pls check the requirements of Civil Engineer under category 2131. It clearly outlines all the required details

subha mangal

Star Member
Sep 20, 2013
three star said:
I have sent my wes report with my application.but while ordering wes report I didn't select anything specific to fsw program......will it be ok if Cic does any verification.....Also I checked my wes online account just now.....it's sHowing my service level as Fswp credential assessment.....so will it be enough so that Cic can access my wes report online
If the system shows fsw program, then you are perfectly ok.

three star

Aug 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
yes
Med's Request
yes
Passport Req..
yes
subha mangal said:
If the system shows fsw program, then you are perfectly ok.
Thnx subha.

Kumar2k1

Star Member
Sep 30, 2013
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2014
Doc's Request.
No
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
NO
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
18-09-2014
Med's Done....
18-10-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
14-01-2015
LANDED..........
06-03-2015
Hi guys,

I am a professional civil engineer, and looking to apply for FSW 2013. I know, the total number as of Sept 2013 under FSW is approx 1998, and Civil engineer is 132.
is it required to take IELTS for candidate with MS degree in US and 8 years of full time experience in skilled job (civil engineer) in USA??
I am new to this forum, and started exploring canadian immigration avenue. As you all know, GC in USA is a mess and lot of uncertainity.
Also, do i have to get educational evaluation for BE degree from India and MS degree from USA both?? or only one is enough??
Really appreciate your help in this regarding.
Thanks.

Raci78

Sep 26, 2013
Greeting,
I am Civil engineer 2131 by NOC(traffic engineer), and i am working in Traffic high school more than 7 years, full-time job.
Also i am working as a traffic signs designer as freelancer(per contract) for couple of companies, more than 5 years,not as employed, but as a freelance work until you do a project.
Can you tel me please, how do I show work experience as a freelancer, does it count for immigration?

Whether it count my experience from school, because if it counts it is 15 points from Experience

Thanks.

ESZB

Jun 22, 2013
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
June 2013
IELTS Request
Granted (8.0)
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
Yep!
LANDED..........
Raci78 said:
Greeting,
I am Civil engineer 2131 by NOC(traffic engineer), and i am working in Traffic high school more than 7 years, full-time job.
Also i am working as a traffic signs designer as freelancer(per contract) for couple of companies, more than 5 years,not as employed, but as a freelance work until you do a project.
Can you tel me please, how do I show work experience as a freelancer, does it count for immigration?

Whether it count my experience from school, because if it counts it is 15 points from Experience

Thanks.
Hello Raci78

Welcome to the forum! yes your freelance work can be counted but for that you need to obtain written declaration from your clients including important details like nature of services, duration in which the service was provided and basic terms of contract especially the payment. It is given in the document checklisy IMM 5612.

Regards
ESZB

Raci78

Sep 26, 2013
ESZB said:
Hello Raci78

Welcome to the forum! yes your freelance work can be counted but for that you need to obtain written declaration from your clients including important details like nature of services, duration in which the service was provided and basic terms of contract especially the payment. It is given in the document checklisy IMM 5612.

Regards
ESZB
Thanks, i will look at.

Vats

Champion Member
Feb 3, 2012
IELTS is must (minimum band each 6)
better you get both degree credential assessment

Kumar2k1 said:
Hi guys,

I am a professional civil engineer, and looking to apply for FSW 2013. I know, the total number as of Sept 2013 under FSW is approx 1998, and Civil engineer is 132.
is it required to take IELTS for candidate with MS degree in US and 8 years of full time experience in skilled job (civil engineer) in USA??
I am new to this forum, and started exploring canadian immigration avenue. As you all know, GC in USA is a mess and lot of uncertainity.
Also, do i have to get educational evaluation for BE degree from India and MS degree from USA both?? or only one is enough??
Thanks.

sava

Star Member
Apr 28, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-May-2012; 11-Jul-2013 (CEC)
Doc's Request.
Not yet
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
17-May-2012; 09-SEP-2013 (CEC)
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
Med's Request
16-OCT-2013
Med's Done....
13-Nov-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-Jan-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-Feb-2014
LANDED..........
28-Feb-2014 (North Portal, SK)
Kumar2k1 said:
Hi guys,

Thanks.
I'm a Civil Engineer from US as well, and have PE from Texas & got my P.Eng. in Manitoba Canada. I didn't need education evaluation because State of Texas and Engineers Canada (the regulationg body that governs all the Provinces) have a mutual agreement. I've applied for my FSW2 under Arranged Employment in May 2012, and have been waiting.
I don't think you have get your education evaluated, because the university where you got your Masters from, and the State that have issued you P.E. have both recongnized your education. So, even if CIC asks for an evaluation you can state that you have been a registered engineer in USA since however long, and you could practise engineering in Canada since the requiements for P.Eng. in Canada are similar.
You could actually be proactive and include that information along with your application.

cnonline

Star Member
Jun 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sent on May 23, 2013. Received by CIC on May 28, 2013
AOR Received.
CPPO does not send
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
Aug 16, 2013 (@ time of PER)
Med's Request
Nov 13, 2013
Med's Done....
Nov 21, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 23, 2013. PP sent on Dec 30, 2013, received by CPPO on Jan 6, 2014.
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 23, 2013 --- Valid until Dec 5, 2014.
LANDED..........
Mar 08, 2014
Quote from: Kumar2k1 on September 30, 2013, 11:06:00 am
Hi guys,

sava said:
I'm a Civil Engineer from US as well, and have PE from Texas & got my P.Eng. in Manitoba Canada. I didn't need education evaluation because State of Texas and Engineers Canada (the regulationg body that governs all the Provinces) have a mutual agreement. I've applied for my FSW2 under Arranged Employment in May 2012, and have been waiting.
I don't think you have get your education evaluated, because the university where you got your Masters from, and the State that have issued you P.E. have both recongnized your education. So, even if CIC asks for an evaluation you can state that you have been a registered engineer in USA since however long, and you could practise engineering in Canada since the requiements for P.Eng. in Canada are similar.
You could actually be proactive and include that information along with your application.
The educational credential assessment is a necessary step if the degree is not obtained from a Canada University. You must read this before you decide not to have your educational credentials assessed. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/assessment.asp

This is a new rule since May 4, 2013.

sava

Star Member
Apr 28, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-May-2012; 11-Jul-2013 (CEC)
Doc's Request.
Not yet
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
17-May-2012; 09-SEP-2013 (CEC)
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
Med's Request
16-OCT-2013
Med's Done....
13-Nov-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-Jan-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-Feb-2014
LANDED..........
28-Feb-2014 (North Portal, SK)
Thanks for the update cnonline. Will keep this in mind for future.

jrgene

Mar 28, 2012
Selangor,MY
Category........
Visa Office......
SINGAPORE
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8-7-13
Hi all fellow 2131, can anyone tell me if i'm correct that the processing time
as of now is 12 weeks? just need to know this so when it comes in my time
i know when i will inquire regarding my application status.

Tq mates.

Vats

Champion Member
Feb 3, 2012
little correction you can say initial processing time is 8-12 weeks now a days.

than it depends upon VO to VO for futher process

refer http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/fsw-2013-applicants-timeline-lets-network-here-t146774.0.html

jrgene said:
Hi all fellow 2131, can anyone tell me if i'm correct that the processing time
as of now is 12 weeks? just need to know this so when it comes in my time
i know when i will inquire regarding my application status.

Tq mates.