+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2013 - 2131 Civil Engineers Connect here

jakaput

Apr 19, 2013
Qang427514 said:
our application was finally delivered to CIC this am!
after almost a month of completing all requirements from taking ielts & waiting for results, requesting transcripts from 2 universities and shipping time to/from WES! Oh, and getting three work certificates which are the hardest reqts especially from previous jobs! Finally!
i just hope we make it to the 300 cap!
Gudluck & we are hoping... :'(

Freebird_76

Jun 5, 2012
Cairo
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jakaput said:
I will give my own opinion regarding your situation. (Note: I am still new here in the forum but I'll try my best). I think, you can find your answer in NOC 2011 under Civil Engineer (NOC 2131) employment requirements. According to NOC 2131, you must have a bachelor's degree in civil engineering or in a related engineering discipline is required.

So, if you have a graduate diploma in Architecture (Bachelor of Fine Arts), I think, you failed the one of the employment requirements which related engineering discipline.

But all of this is my personal view only. You cannot rely here in the forum. The Visa Officer is the solely responsible to approve your immigration application. Goodluck

Actually what you are saying is my concern!
But there are also some other points i am taking into consideration:
- In my country, as in so many countries, Archutecture is considered engineering, it's a department in Faculty of engineering and oart of Syndicate of Engineers.
- some jobs under "civil engineers- code 2131" require or may accept a degree in architecture like "Architectural engineer" and "Construction project engineer"

Well, it worth to give it a try anyway, as you said it's all about the officer... anyway i will keep you guys updated with their decision

jakaput

Apr 19, 2013
Actually what you are saying is my concern!
But there are also some other points i am taking into consideration:
- In my country, as in so many countries, Archutecture is considered engineering, it's a department in Faculty of engineering and oart of Syndicate of Engineers.
- some jobs under "civil engineers- code 2131" require or may accept a degree in architecture like "Architectural engineer" and "Construction project engineer"

Well, it worth to give it a try anyway, as you said it's all about the officer... anyway i will keep you guys updated with their decision

[/quote]

I am quite interested to your case and it will help to the future applicants. Don't take seriously my opinion because I am not the Visa Officer who will approve your applications. I want to share only my knowledge & maybe, I am wrong and if it is not correct, just click next button. That's it. :-* (Thanks in advance).

samanir

May 7, 2013
Hi Guys,

I have a question:

In Document Checklist [IMM 5612], the items in which "the copies" are required to send, what does "the copies" mean? Is that a normal photocopy or a certified true copy? For instance, regarding "the letters of reference" (Item 12 in the checklist) is sending a photocopy of the original letter enough?

Actually my problem is that the original letters is in my home country and I am living abroad. My father can simply scan them and email to me, but getting a certified true copy of them in home country and then sending them by post might take a long time to reach to me.

What is your idea?

Thanks in advance for your time and kind help.

jakaput

Apr 19, 2013
samanir said:
Hi Guys,

I have a question:

In Document Checklist [IMM 5612], the items in which "the copies" are required to send, what does "the copies" mean? Is that a normal photocopy or a certified true copy? For instance, regarding "the letters of reference" (Item 12 in the checklist) is sending a photocopy of the original letter enough?

Actually my problem is that the original letters is in my home country and I am living abroad. My father can simply scan them and email to me, but getting a certified true copy of them in home country and then sending them by post might take a long time to reach to me.

What is your idea?

Thanks in advance for your time and kind help.
Reference Letter can be copies only for the first submission of your complete application to CIC and then later on to your Visa Office, you will requested to submit the all the original.

The term "copies" means not original documents. Either xerox or colored print.

samanir

May 7, 2013
jakaput said:
Reference Letter can be copies only for the first submission of your complete application to CIC and then later on to your Visa Office, you will requested to submit the all the original.

The term "copies" means not original documents. Either xerox or colored print.
Thank you jakaput !

Vats

Champion Member
Feb 3, 2012
hay friends my current employer is not giving me job description letter
i have the same form my previous employer

what can i do? what else is valid.
i have offer letter, confirmation letter but they containg designation and other details not duties. . . .

rawdah

Champion Member
May 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2013 PER Rec'd...: 07-08-2013
Doc's Request.
04-03-2014
Med's Request
23-09-2014
Med's Done....
24-09-2014
Passport Req..
PPR1:23-09-2014, PPR2: 20-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-10-2014
LANDED..........
04-12-2014
Vats said:
hay friends my current employer is not giving me job description letter
i have the same form my previous employer

what can i do? what else is valid.
i have offer letter, confirmation letter but they containg designation and other details not duties. . . .
list your current job description in a plain paper yourself and attach it with your application

Vats

Champion Member
Feb 3, 2012
rawdah said:
list your current job description in a plain paper yourself and attach it with your application
is it ok?
means do they agree on that?
do i need to proove afterward?

rawdah

Champion Member
May 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2013 PER Rec'd...: 07-08-2013
Doc's Request.
04-03-2014
Med's Request
23-09-2014
Med's Done....
24-09-2014
Passport Req..
PPR1:23-09-2014, PPR2: 20-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-10-2014
LANDED..........
04-12-2014
Vats said:
is it ok?
means do they agree on that?
do i need to proove afterward?
Yes it is fine.

sandeep99

Nov 3, 2012
JOB DESIGNATIONS/TITLES NOT AT ALL A BIG DEAL FOR CANADIAN IMMIGRATION. MOST IMPORTANT ONE VISA OFFICERS LOOK IN TO OUR ROLES/RESPONSIBILITIES/JOB DUTIES. THEY SHOULD MATCH ATLEAST MINIMUM OR ELSE ULTIMATE REJECTIONS. PLZ GO THROUGH THE FORUM THERE A LOT OF POSTS REGARDING THESE KIND OF ISSUES.

Django Unchained

Star Member
May 29, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-2010
Med's Request
03-2013
Med's Done....
03-2013
Passport Req..
03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Jan-2014
i friends,

i am from India
NOC 0711...

omaus25

Star Member
Nov 19, 2009
United States
Category........
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Colleagues,

Please keep each of us posted, I am a Civil Engineer, I am currently working in the USA, I have my EILTS but expires this coming August, my scores were 8.5 on all of them, I am sending my academic documents for evaluation this week and hopefully I will get them by the End of July. My wife is taking the EILTS as well this coming June 25th.

Good luck