+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW-2 Applicants - AEO+LMO already in canada applicants share timeline Pls

gaurav1182

Mar 19, 2012
Hello All,
Can anyone let me know what will happen to work permit tied with employer if said organization has been taken over by another organization?
Thanks,
Gaurav

terki

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2012
FLORIDA - MIAMI
LANDED..........
DUAL-CITIZEN - USA/CANADA
WP TURNS OUT TO BE INVALID -
U STAY ON VISA STATUS - BUT CANNOT WORK
APPLY LMO UNDER NEW COMPANY THAT IS TAKEN OVER AND CWP WILL BE RESTORED

DONT PANIC - THIS IS EASY , MANY OF THEM HAVE DONE IT

GOOD LUCK

gaurav1182

Mar 19, 2012
Thanks Terki. I think, i need to check with CIC on this. Thanks anyways once again for your response.
- Gaurav

terki said:
WP TURNS OUT TO BE INVALID -
U STAY ON VISA STATUS - BUT CANNOT WORK
APPLY LMO UNDER NEW COMPANY THAT IS TAKEN OVER AND CWP WILL BE RESTORED

DONT PANIC - THIS IS EASY , MANY OF THEM HAVE DONE IT

GOOD LUCK

saini84

Jun 26, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
NOC Code......
2172 - Business Analyst
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2012
Doc's Request.
Sent with Application
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
June 06, 2012 (PER)
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
Nov 2012 (From GCMS notes)
Med's Request
Aug 30, 2013
Med's Done....
Sept 03, 2013 (ECAS 2nd line for Medicals Received Sept 30, 2013)
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
10/10/2013
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 01, 2013
LANDED..........
In Canada since Jan 2010 on Study/Work Permit
OMG it has been more than a year since I have received the acknowledgement............. It was a detailed message stating the Ministrial instructions have been met and blah blah...I received this on June 06, 2012.

It also stated

"your application has received a positive final determination of eligibility for processing"

I do not think that this is Positive eligibility Review (PER).

Since, it has been more than a year, I applied for GCMS and got a 32 page document. It also states that I met Ministrial Instructions 3.
The file was transferred to CPP-Ottawa on November 16, 2012 (6 months after I filed my application).

I dnt know how much time they will take.............Expected medicals was June 6 according to the GCMS notes..............anyways I am going to call them next month.

eshotel

Star Member
Mar 20, 2009
AB
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13 Aug 2012
AOR Received.
23 Oct 2012
IELTS Request
Already submitted with App
File Transfer...
8 Nov 2012
Med's Request
17 April 2013
Med's Done....
2 May 2013
Passport Req..
17 April'13/ Sended on 7 May 2013
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
Already in Canada
terki said:
those applied under fsw2 and FILES WITH NDVO - PL CONNECT
Hi guys, FSW2, NDVO asked medical n PP d same time, now its been a month, they do update ecas statin medical received but as I m in Canada ...how long it will take till decision made? pls advice.
all d best to everyone here.

terki

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2012
FLORIDA - MIAMI
LANDED..........
thanks for adding

if pspt is requested with mr - then it will be longer as security checks /criminality checks need to complete
time frame 3-6 months depends on travel history too

if travel history is extensive then takes about 3+ months up till 6 months
if no travel history then 90 days

see my timeframe too - i have travel history

narscathy

Nov 25, 2009
Guys I just want to confirm if do I really need to show proof of funds even if my visa category is Federal skilled worker with arranged employment opinion? from the CIC website it says there that I don't need to bring with an amount of 11,115 CAD because I have an AEO but when I attended the Pre-Departure Orientation Seminar, the officer said that I need to bring that money. Now, I am really confused my flight will be this coming June 24,2013 ,if I really need those money to bring with me then I am in trouble. Please for those Skilled Worker with AEO. Do you really need to bring that big amount of money? Your advice will be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much.

By this this is this is the CIC guidelines,
You will need to show proof to the Canadian visa office in your home country that you have enough money when you apply to immigrate.

The amount of money you need to support your family is set by the size of your family. We update these amounts every year.
Number of
Family Members Funds Required
(in Canadian dollars)
1 $11,115
2 $13,837
3 $17,011
4 $20,654
5 $23,425
6 $26,419
7 or more $29,414

You do not have to show that you have these funds if:

you have a valid offer of arranged employment in Canada AND
you are currently working or authorized to work in Canada.

terki

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2012
FLORIDA - MIAMI
LANDED..........
LAST LINE IS TRUE FOR FSW2 - NO FUNDS NEEDED UNDER ARRANGED EMPLOYMENT

CARRY LETTER OF EMPLOYMENT AS PROOF FOR LANDING

narscathy

Nov 25, 2009
@ Terki...

What did the immigration officer said about your employment? did they ask about your duties and responsibilities stated in your contract? Will they ask for your contract upon landing?

Thank you so much for the reply. I really appreciate it.
;D ;D ;D

canadavisa13

Champion Member
Jun 13, 2013
hey Gaurav1182,can you please tell us what did CIC said about your situation?
as far as I know if an entity have been taken by another,its called an acquisition and considered to be the same employer because its only a change of ownership not employer,as long as you still work at the same location and perform the same duties so basically if the new owner still willing to keep you and will respect the same terms and conditions for your job done by the previous owner then its fine because CIC define this as a successor of interest which is totally legal so you don't have to stop and you don't need a new LMO but its in the best interest for you to apply for a change of employer name to CPC vegreville to reflect the name of the employer on your work permit ,you need a statutory declaration and press release from your employer explaining and conforming the take over of the business(its also advised to do it within 90 days of the closing deal date)along with 150 dollars processing fees.
so if its an acquisition,consolidation or merger then its totally legal,its all described in the temporary foreign worker manual under the unique situations section.
if you have an application under FSW with arranged employment I think you need to inform your visa office bout this to avoid in issues in the future.
please remember that you have to prove if its an acquisition,consolidation or merger with documentations,i would highly recommend you consult a lawyer.
jus note that im not an expert and do update us with wht CIC has told you.
good luck with all

terki

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2012
FLORIDA - MIAMI
LANDED..........
Workers that require LMOs
With respect to mergers and acquisitions, changes in ownership structure should not require a new LMO application if the new entity continues to be the worker's employer, provided the new owner assumes the previous owner's duties and liabilities, including those of the prior owner related to the filing of LMO applications, i.e. where a successor in interest can be demonstrated.
It would be in the best interest of the temporary foreign worker to apply for a new work permit to reflect the name of the new entity.
If some assets or liabilities are not assumed by the successor entity after the corporate restructuring, then a “successor-in-interest” may not exist. As a result, the new entity will have to apply for a new LMO and the worker for a new work permit.
Workers Requiring LMOs: Documentation to Support New Work Permit
In order for a new work permit reflecting the new corporate name to be issued, the following documentation should be submitted:
• A statutory declaration signed by an authorized officer of the corporation attesting to the nature of the
restructuring and successor in interest
• Copy of a corporate press release or announcement confirming the corporate change.
Where a “successor in interest” exists, a temporary foreign worker who requires a LMO would benefit from Regulation 186(u) while the application to vary terms and conditions was being decided on by CPC Vegreville, as long as the application for the renewal was made before the expiry of the existing work permit.
It would be in the best interest for affected workers to submit applications to renew their work permits to reflect the new corporate name within 90 days of the closing of a deal. Cost recovery fees would apply.
LMO Example
A small company plans to merge with a large company. After the merger, the small company, which employs many workers who require a LMO, will cease to exist. After the merger, the workers requiring a LMO, who were employed by the small company, are now working for the large company under the same conditions. The large company takes over the small company's assets and liabilities. Because of this, the large company becomes “successor in interest”, i.e. substantially succeeds to the interests and obligations, assets and liabilities of the small company. Therefore, the workers from the small company do not need new LMOs but should apply for new work permits to reflect the name of the new owner.

gagan4u

Star Member
Feb 8, 2013
can someone pls help me I applied for FSW in 2011 I received an Email to submit updated forms 2 or 3 and and also updated reference letter from employer...can someone plz help me what to do submit to keep my application alive as I am currently not working for same company .

saini84

Jun 26, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
NOC Code......
2172 - Business Analyst
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2012
Doc's Request.
Sent with Application
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
June 06, 2012 (PER)
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
Nov 2012 (From GCMS notes)
Med's Request
Aug 30, 2013
Med's Done....
Sept 03, 2013 (ECAS 2nd line for Medicals Received Sept 30, 2013)
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
10/10/2013
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 01, 2013
LANDED..........
In Canada since Jan 2010 on Study/Work Permit
An update:

VO guys were confused whether I paid for my spouse application or not. While clarifying the situation, they have asked me to submit RPRF for both of us.

Now, they have asked for updated forms (no additional proofs except employment). This all happened in past 4 days.

I hope that they will process the application soon.