+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

From Regional Medical Center to Local Visa Office

wpc71

Dec 17, 2008
Hi all
Does anyone know how long it normally takes for the medical results to reach local visa offices once they are received by the Regional Medical Center in another country? Is this an electronic data transfer (approval/rejection) or the entire medical file needs to go to the local office before a decision has been made?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

wpc71 said:
Hi all
Does anyone know how long it normally takes for the medical results to reach local visa offices once they are received by the Regional Medical Center in another country? Is this an electronic data transfer (approval/rejection) or the entire medical file needs to go to the local office before a decision has been made?
About a month, electronic transfer of just the medical profile. No, if it is a refusal it is done at the Regional Medical Centre and the reasons for the refusal are sent to the visa office.

PMM

wpc71

Dec 17, 2008
Thanks PMM
So if it is an approval, the local visa office will get the data within a month electronically. Right?

Thanks again

rchiemedes

Sep 28, 2009
ok. im confused.
i will have my medical in alberta bec im currently workin in canada
my local visa office is Manila
so the DMP will send the medical result directly to CIC Manila or the DMP will submit it to another office after which that office will send it to CIC Manila..

Is it correct?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

rchiemedes said:
ok. im confused.
i will have my medical in alberta bec im currently workin in canada
my local visa office is Manila
so the DMP will send the medical result directly to CIC Manila or the DMP will submit it to another office after which that office will send it to CIC Manila..

Is it correct?
It is quite likely that the DMP will send it to Ottawa, rather than Manila. Most DMPs can't be bothered to courier them to another office, rather than the one they usually deal with.

PMM