From Pakistan: Can I get admission in PhD with 68% marks

YellowTopaz

Star Member
Dec 21, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,
I have done MS in Environmental engg from UET lahore pakistan with 68% marks. I have job experience of about 10 years. I want to do PhD in env. engg. Can plz any body suggest where i can get admission in canada. Which university is appropriate for me.

kugaa

Apr 2, 2010
well well well sir u have 10 years of experince and ur an MS..oh u definitely cud get admission in PhD
well abt universities...so may google it...hundreds of unis and colleges in canada and c which uni offer ur prog

well i remember my F.Sc days when it was my dream to b a part of UET LAHORE petroleum engineering department but i think ALLAH decided sumthing else for me...

yeah u definitely get admisiion in Phd for sure

YellowTopaz

Star Member
Dec 21, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dear kugga,
thanks friend but on their sites it i written that addmision is very competetive and in fact i donnot have research experience i am in the field. Do they consider field experience????
It is nice to hear that u were interested in UET pet but i hope u r doing better. Allah Knows everything...
thanks again,
yellow

kugaa

Apr 2, 2010
well i guess it is not mandatory that u must be an experienced...yeah few unis strongly recommended if candidates have experience...but most of the universities don't need any experience

well abt research or field then it again never matters k u r in the field or in a research...but u should be associated to ur related field of study...like if u r an environment engr. then ur job and position must be of an environment related

understood ?

_123rock

Star Member
Jun 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-02-2014
AOR Received.
17-03-2014
File Transfer...
17-09-2014 - IN PROCESS
Med's Request
17-03-2014
Med's Done....
04-04-2014
Interview........
31-01-2015- Decision Made
Passport Req..
12-02-2015
hi friend,
Not only see the uni websites,,,,if you have any confusion,,,then contact that uni admission department,,in which you are interested ,,,they must give some idea,,,and your confusion will be finishedddddddd....
Thanks

qaiserhabib

May 27, 2010
I'm sorry but you can not, not in Canada.

Field experience doesn't matter for PhD.

In the US, you could easily get admitted.

YellowTopaz

Star Member
Dec 21, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
qaiserhabib said:
I'm sorry but you can not, not in Canada.

Field experience doesn't matter for PhD.

In the US, you could easily get admitted.
hello qaiserhabib,
do u mean this will not be possible to get admission at all or do u mean that i will not get marks for job experience? Plz plz clarify if u have information about that.
thanks
yellow

indusvision

Sep 8, 2008
It might be harder to get admission in Top ranked universities, i.e. U Toronto or McGill etc.
However, there are many other universities where it should be easier to get admission ... try in Manitoba, Saskatchewan, New Foundland etc.
all the best!

gillz

Star Member
Jul 29, 2010
Visa Office......
CHD
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-07
i think u cn do it frm carleton univrsity they have environmental eng..