+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

From Australia

yas2013

Aug 24, 2013
Hi,
I am a permanent resident of Canada residing in Regina, SK. My sister is currently in Australia and has applied for Australian PR (she hasn't received it yet). She is however, in the process of separating from her husband and would like to re locate to BC if possible or anywhere in Canada including SK.
She completed her Bachelors in Commerce in Australia and just started working for an australian company as an accountant. What options can we consider? Thanks!

frege

Jun 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
01-08-2012
Med's Done....
02-12-2011
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
28-11-2012 (copy only)
VISA ISSUED...
05-12-2012
LANDED..........
15-12-2012
yas2013 said:
Hi,
I am a permanent resident of Canada residing in Regina, SK. My sister is currently in Australia and has applied for Australian PR (she hasn't received it yet). She is however, in the process of separating from her husband and would like to re locate to BC if possible or anywhere in Canada including SK.
She completed her Bachelors in Commerce in Australia and just started working for an australian company as an accountant. What options can we consider? Thanks!
What's her nationality?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If she can find a job offer in Canada and the employer applies for an LMO for her, she would be able to use that LMO to get a temporary work permit and apply for her immigration under the skilled worker class if she qualifies or work for a while and then apply for her immigration for example under PNP or CEC.

Maybe you can help her find a job. Do you know anybody who needs an accountant?

yas2013

Aug 24, 2013
Leon said:
If she can find a job offer in Canada and the employer applies for an LMO for her, she would be able to use that LMO to get a temporary work permit and apply for her immigration under the skilled worker class if she qualifies or work for a while and then apply for her immigration for example under PNP or CEC.

Maybe you can help her find a job. Do you know anybody who needs an accountant?
i am a little confused; i am not very clear on all the immigration rules..for me i was initially on a student permit/then a 3 year work permit and just got my PR by applying under SK's PNP.. as for her she feels she wants to preferably go to BC (she has severe allergies) and feels she cannot adjust to the extreme cold we have here in SK..
So you suggest finding her a job and ask the employer to file her LMO; and then she applies for PR on the basis of that LMO? No; I do not know anyone who would need an accountant especially in BC..

frege

Jun 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
01-08-2012
Med's Done....
02-12-2011
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
28-11-2012 (copy only)
VISA ISSUED...
05-12-2012
LANDED..........
15-12-2012
yas2013 said:
i am a little confused; i am not very clear on all the immigration rules..for me i was initially on a student permit/then a 3 year work permit and just got my PR by applying under SK's PNP.. as for her she feels she wants to preferably go to BC (she has severe allergies) and feels she cannot adjust to the extreme cold we have here in SK..
So you suggest finding her a job and ask the employer to file her LMO; and then she applies for PR on the basis of that LMO? No; I do not know anyone who would need an accountant especially in BC..
The LMO would most likely be to come as a temporary worker first, before her trying to immigrate permanently.

One route would be for her to do a master's degree in Canada and look for an employer while here.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can also use an LMO to apply as a skilled worker with arranged employment or even under for PR under PNP but an LMO is of course also good to apply for a work permit.

Most immigration classes today require a job offer. You can avoid it by coming on a study permit first which of course requires studying and having the funds to do so or applying as an investor. QSW still does not require a job offer as far as I know but then you must intend to live in Quebec which can also get extremely cold in winter.

yas2013

Aug 24, 2013
Leon said:
You can also use an LMO to apply as a skilled worker with arranged employment or even under for PR under PNP but an LMO is of course also good to apply for a work permit.

Most immigration classes today require a job offer. You can avoid it by coming on a study permit first which of course requires studying and having the funds to do so or applying as an investor. QSW still does not require a job offer as far as I know but then you must intend to live in Quebec which can also get extremely cold in winter.
thanks for the input!