+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

From AOR to file transfer and Bridging open work permit.

Sofia_Justin

Nov 4, 2016
Hi everyone,

I am inland applicant and I applied with Manitoba nomination. I received the following email in November 03:

"UCI: XXX
Application No.: EPXXX
Dear XXX,
This confirms that your application for permanent residence in Canada has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2017/09/28."

I think it is AOR letter, for my case it took only 35 days from application received by CIC. I wonder how long does it take from AOR to file transfer? If I got this email, does it mean that my application is completed and will not be returned.

I also have a question is that can I apply BOWP with this EPXXX number. I tried to read all the topics about changing job before getting PR but I still not sure if it is OK or not? I think it is OK because when I submited application for MPNP, I used work contract with 2-year term. If they accepted, it means that they also expected I will change job or unemployed for some time after my work contract expired because it take 16-17 month for processing in CIC stage. Do you have any idea or suggestion about this issue?

Thank you very much.

Good luck to everyone.

Amrik Bhullar

Sep 4, 2016
Category........
AINP
App. Filed.......
12 May 2017
AOR Received.
25 July 2017
Hi everyone,

I am inland applicant and I applied with Manitoba nomination. I received the following email in November 03:

"UCI: XXX
Application No.: EPXXX
Dear XXX,
This confirms that your application for permanent residence in Canada has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2017/09/28."

I think it is AOR letter, for my case it took only 35 days from application received by CIC. I wonder how long does it take from AOR to file transfer? If I got this email, does it mean that my application is completed and will not be returned.

I also have a question is that can I apply BOWP with this EPXXX number. I tried to read all the topics about changing job before getting PR but I still not sure if it is OK or not? I think it is OK because when I submited application for MPNP, I used work contract with 2-year term. If they accepted, it means that they also expected I will change job or unemployed for some time after my work contract expired because it take 16-17 month for processing in CIC stage. Do you have any idea or suggestion about this issue?

Thank you very much.

Good luck to everyone.
First of all , after AOR if you are inland your next step should be medical request that might take 1 year to come . You can expect it next step
Second , if you are on Open work permit then with this AOR you can extend work permit. Otherwise for close work permit you need to provide support letter from province that nominated you along with nomination certificate ( expired or valid does not matter along with provincial support letter)
For job changing if your nomination says restricted employment then you can not change the job if it’s no restriction on employment then you can

Reactions: Sofia_Justin

Sofia_Justin

Nov 4, 2016
First of all , after AOR if you are inland your next step should be medical request that might take 1 year to come . You can expect it next step
Second , if you are on Open work permit then with this AOR you can extend work permit. Otherwise for close work permit you need to provide support letter from province that nominated you along with nomination certificate ( expired or valid does not matter along with provincial support letter)
For job changing if your nomination says restricted employment then you can not change the job if it’s no restriction on employment then you can
Thank you very much for your response. I have close work permit and there is no restriction in my nomination letter. I thought that I can apply BOWP with only the AOR number. If they require support letter, it is quite difficult because I may cannot find a job after my current work contract is over or if my new job doesnot meet the requirements to get support letter from Manitoba. Do you see anybody holding close work permit can get BOWP without support letter? I am quite worried becausw my work permit will be exprired soon.

Amrik Bhullar

Sep 4, 2016
Category........
AINP
App. Filed.......
12 May 2017
AOR Received.
25 July 2017
Thank you very much for your response. I have close work permit and there is no restriction in my nomination letter. I thought that I can apply BOWP with only the AOR number. If they require support letter, it is quite difficult because I may cannot find a job after my current work contract is over or if my new job doesnot meet the requirements to get support letter from Manitoba. Do you see anybody holding close work permit can get BOWP without support letter? I am quite worried becausw my work permit will be exprired soon.
You may need to hang on to this contract job until you renew your work permit . You can talk to province government about situation if your contract is expiring after your work permit or same as your work permit you should apply for renewal before 3 months of expiry . This will give you enough time to renew and your contract will be still valid until you get new work permit