+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Friend / boyfriend?

kaetia

Jun 16, 2016
Hi all - I'm in the process of applying for my extension to stay as a visitor visa and have a few questions..

I came here in January and my 6 months runs out in 2 weeks. I'm staying with my boyfriend who I met online but I am still legally married in the UK while my divorce is pending. My concern is what relation should I put my current partner as?

Honestly I want to stay here long term - I have 2 houses currently on the market in the UK and around $16k CAD in the bank and my partner works full time and makes around $1500CA a week.

I've been putting this off because I'm scared of refusal and could really use some support/advice. I want to also apply for my work permit but figured I need to do this first.

Thank you so much in advance for your help.

Tara

M

mikeymyke

Well you definitely shouldn't be lying, as that could cause a refusal if they feel there's something amiss in the application. They might ask, why would someone want a visitor visa extension to stay with someone who's just a friend? Always be honest.

Also a visitor visa is NOT something you should use to stay here permanently, it's only for temporary stays. Being a UK citizen, you shouldn't have many problems simply leaving Canada and then coming back later.

la94

Jun 2, 2016
mikeymyke said:
Well you definitely shouldn't be lying, as that could cause a refusal if they feel there's something amiss in the application. They might ask, why would someone want a visitor visa extension to stay with someone who's just a friend? Always be honest.

Also a visitor visa is NOT something you should use to stay here permanently, it's only for temporary stays. Being a UK citizen, you shouldn't have many problems simply leaving Canada and then coming back later.

Sorry, can I ask if I should give many proof of relationship to my fiance in canada for a trv ?