Waived
Passport Req..
06-Apr-2010
VISA ISSUED...
17-May-2010
LANDED..........
28-jul-2010
Today i called CIC to inform about my travel plans and ask for Status

CIC agent informed me that my frequent ATIP request(almost every month from june-2014) has been delaying my application .According to him each time my ATIP request is being processed officer is assigned away from my application and it goes back in the queue for RQ processing.

Is this True, Did anybody ask for Frequent ATIP had application delayed?

om saif

Dec 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i asked for more than one but i do not know if delayed my app or not until ottawa's apps start to get their tests.

mailvdutt said:

CIC agent informed me that my frequent ATIP request(almost every month from june-2014) has been delaying my application .According to him each time my ATIP request is being processed officer is assigned away from my application and it goes back in the queue for RQ processing.

Donvalley

Oct 14, 2013
Toronto - Downtown
Visa Office......
................. [b]e-CAS[/b] (electronic Client Application Status) login : http://goo.gl/dQFOk
NOC Code......
................. [b]How to login e-cas[/b] using client ID: http://imgbox.com/hhIMgYf5
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
................. [b]Case Specific Enquiry[/b]: http://goo.gl/yCBCbB
mailvdutt said:

I don't know how CIC agents do. But based on my experience in a similar position earlier, I can guarantee that your file will never go back to same spot, if pulled out from a Que for some reason.
Mostly they don't disclose this kind of info but I believe what the agent said.

om saif

Dec 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
so,it delays it or not? sorry i could not get the idea

Donvalley said:
I don't know how CIC agents do. But based on my experience in a similar position earlier, I can guarantee you that your file will never go back to same spot, if pulled out from a Que for some reason.

srinivas.vadapalli

May 20, 2011
Brampton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
ND-INDIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-01-2010
AOR Received.
None
Med's Done....
10-04-2011
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2011
LANDED..........
07-08-2011
Donvalley said:
I don't know how CIC agents do. But based on my experience in a similar position earlier, I can guarantee you that your file will never go back to same spot, if pulled out from a Que for some reason.
The validity of your statement depends on whether its an electronic or physical notes thats being requested.
Electronic files notes is quicker to obtain even for CIC officer. Physical notes takes some time but it necessarily doesnt "delay" per se anything.

Every file has a review date during which the officer will take a sneek peek to watch for any 'developments' in your case like backgrounch checks , availability of test spots etc.

Trust this helps

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

srinivas.vadapalli said:
The validity of your statement depends on whether its an electronic or physical notes thats being requested.
Electronic files notes is quicker to obtain even for CIC officer. Physical notes takes some time but it necessarily doesnt "delay" per se anything.

Every file has a review date during which the officer will take a sneek peek to watch for any 'developments' in your case like backgrounch checks , availability of test spots etc.

Trust this helps
1. ATIP requests for electronic notes (GCMS) don't delay the files processing as a privacy officer in Ottawa downloads the notes, reviews them for 3rd party information and information given in confidence, and then sends them out.
2. If you request copies of the physical file, then that will delay the processing. As a clerk/officer in the overseas office, has to pull the file out of the processing stream, then photocopy the complete file. It is then review locally before being sent to Ottawa to a privacy officer for review.

mailvdutt

Dec 29, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-sep-2009
Doc's Request.
20-nov-2009
File Transfer...
25-Nov-2009
Med's Request
06-Apr-2010
Med's Done....
13-Apr-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-Apr-2010
VISA ISSUED...
17-May-2010
LANDED..........
28-jul-2010
I have always ordered Electronic files and have been calling cic every month.But this is the first time i have been told

QAI

Apr 12, 2008
I too was told by my MPs, secretary that ordering atip delays the list testing of file but then two CIC agents told me atip does not delay processing of the file.
I advice OP to write a letter to st Clair asking them whether the above is true.

sgimmy

Jun 12, 2014
mailvdutt said:

hi me too received the same reply from cic agent when i called two days ago.I only ordered for the electronic records.

51smoker

Jul 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-12-2010
Doc's Request.
13-07-2011
AOR Received.
09-05-2011
Med's Request
13-07-2011
Med's Done....
21-07-2011
If ordering ATIP delays the process, then CIC should do it better, update their ecas more often and specific. because for now there is no other way to find out what's happening in cic other than ordering an atip

alexdive

Aug 19, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
oct 23, 2014
LANDED..........
12-01-2012
sgimmy said:
hi me too received the same reply from cic agent when i called two days ago.I only ordered for the electronic records.
I spoke to CIC agents politely the reason why I ordered ATIP because;
i. I have rights to know about my application status
ii.
iii.

I totally agreed with 51moker!!!

"If ordering ATIP delays the process, then CIC should do it better, update their ecas more often and specific. because for now there is no other way to find out what's happening in cic other than ordering an atip"

djoli

Oct 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That is complete BS. They always say this crap to give people a reason for the delay in processing RQs. It should not take them more than a day to review a complete RQ and yet they take years to review regardless if you request an ATIP or not. How in the world a simple request can slowdown an application? This is just another excuse to justify their incompetence.

mailvdutt said:

batmann

Star Member
Jul 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
alexdive said:
I spoke to CIC agents politely the reason why I ordered ATIP because;
i. I have rights to know about my application status
ii.
iii.

I totally agreed with 51moker!!!

"If ordering ATIP delays the process, then CIC should do it better, update their ecas more often and specific. because for now there is no other way to find out what's happening in cic other than ordering an atip"
I just ordered an electronic ATIP 2 days ago, hopefully it won't delay the process.

arambi

Aug 16, 2014
If someone requests CBSA Traveler report (Entries / Exits) only via ATIP, will that also delay his application?

Thanks

batmann

Star Member
Jul 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
arambi said:
If someone requests CBSA Traveler report (Entries / Exits) only via ATIP, will that also delay his application?

Thanks
I don't think so, CBSA and CIC are completely different agencies.