+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

French study

dyekek12

Nov 1, 2007
Well, yeah, I need one more point to satify 67.

I have 66 points currently. Seems like I start to study French.

To get "one" more point how much do you think I need to study?
I checked out TEF course and I should I have at least one level 3 criteria...
Would it take more than a year? I know it really depends but I wanna know how good I need to be.

polongi

Nov 12, 2007
if you can try to study french and you can have max of 8 points on french while 16 points on english.
Can you try to take the online assessment on CIC website and let me know your current score. I know that you will be qualified there.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/assess/index.asp

Hope this can help you and please let us know...

Quebecgo

Mar 28, 2011
Hi,

I did the evaluation and it said that I can apply for the Certificate. But I have no French knowledge. Does that mean that I won't problem or I should take some French classes and then apple for the Certificate. I have a MBA from a top US school, have two children (7 and 1 years old). My wife has a bachelor in education and she also has no French knowledge.

Please suggest me what to do.

Thanks.

gjsilverfox

Aug 18, 2011
Hi there,
It is really best to have French background not just for points but also for your own good in the future. A lot of people in Canada and of course in Quebec do speak French and if you know the language it will be easier for you and your family to integrate into the community.
I really recommend the Alliance Francaise de Cebu; they have a very effective teaching style and you can take the TEF or TEFAC anytime as long as you inform them one month ahead; I've studied there before and I think it was a good investment. Best wishes!

khalidhaider

Sep 9, 2010
Dear, you need to pass two level to get two points,but your certificate must be issue from Alliance de
francaise, because its certificate recognize.

Moonshinemist

Aug 14, 2011
How much did u score for IELTS.. ??
Learning french and givingte exam may prove difficult.. so y dont u jst improve yoour IELTS score i.e. if u hve not scored the maximum of 16 points.