+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

French Claim Points

azndude

Star Member
Feb 26, 2009
I learned French for a year back home in 2003. I lack 2 points for federal skilled workers, and I am thinking of claiming my French as "BASIC". I almost forgot everything now; however, I can request the education that I had when I was back home learning French at the french institution. If I can do that, will that be okay? Or they will "interview" me in French? :p

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

azndude said:
I learned French for a year back home in 2003. I lack 2 points for federal skilled workers, and I am thinking of claiming my French as "BASIC". I almost forgot everything now; however, I can request the education that I had when I was back home learning French at the french institution. If I can do that, will that be okay? Or they will "interview" me in French? :p
You will have to take the TEF that is the only way you are going to get the points. No TEF no points.

PMM

azndude

Star Member
Feb 26, 2009
Cannot one write something and proof from the institution that one has studied there and with good grades?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

azndude said:
Cannot one write something and proof from the institution that one has studied there and with good grades?
Read the Canadian Benchmarks, you would have to prove your ability in French, so if you wanted to write the letter it would have to be in French and you would
"establish your proficiency through a written explanation and supporting documentation."

Not a chance without TEF. IMHO

PMM

ruthndul

Jan 30, 2010
PMM said:
Hi

You will have to take the TEF that is the only way you are going to get the points. No TEF no points.

PMM
really ?
I claim all 'basic' on French and they don't ask for TEF (lucky me ?) :D

mbastudies

Oct 15, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think what PMM meant is that you MUST take TEF if you want to ensure you take the necessary scores you want.

ruthndul said:
really ?
I claim all 'basic' on French and they don't ask for TEF (lucky me ?) :D