+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Freedom of movement with PNP

Mack23

Feb 9, 2015
My employer is now talking about applying for PNP for my position. Does anybody know if you receive PNP and you get permanent residence if you can only live within that province? I ask this because if it limits where i can live i would rather go down the LMIA route as i would like to be able to move and live freely across Canada.

Thanks in advance.

Ivan.Galv

Star Member
Jan 7, 2015
Yes, for PNP you sign your intentions to live in a specified province.
If you break these intention, there are still no clear rules for any penalties and there are no regulations for cancelling your PR so far.
But at least at the citizenship step they definitely may check how much efforts you made to stay in the province. And, there are big chances that new regulations will be created in the future for that.

happy16

Jul 13, 2014
New Delhi
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-08-2014
apart from signing on your intention to stay in their province, normally they also make you sign on 2 more statements, one that you'll land in that province and within 30 days update PR and contact details (local address/no. etc) with them, and second that for the next 3 years, you'll update them every time you make a move or when your contact details get changed.