+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Form IMM 5669 Don't know father's exact birth date

ChellGouda

May 6, 2019
Hello,

I'm currently applying for Permanent Residency, being sponsored by my husband. I never knew my father, and only know his name because its on my birth certificate. I have no way to find him or his details. What do I put for his birthdate if I only know his birth year but not day or month. The form won't let me put **

Thanks

Smarties17

Star Member
Oct 31, 2018
The instructions say to put a * for unknown dates of birth. But you are correct, the electronic form will not accept a *.

If it were me, I would leave the date blank on the electronic version and hand write a * on the form. Then, I would type a separate explanation for doing so and place it behind the form in your app package

ChellGouda

May 6, 2019
The instructions say to put a * for unknown dates of birth. But you are correct, the electronic form will not accept a *.

If it were me, I would leave the date blank on the electronic version and hand write a * on the form. Then, I would type a separate explanation for doing so and place it behind the form in your app package
We have tried to leave the dates blank with that exact intention. However, then the form won't validate.