+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

form 790 police certificate spain

edacaret

Star Member
Jan 18, 2016
Hi everyone

Ive applied for outland family sponsorship since im from Guatemala (wife is Canadian citizen). I was requested I send police certificates from spain since I stayed there for a year long time ago. I learned they ask for 3 things to send to spain, form 790, identification document and the fee. The ID and fee ive done as well as fill out the form 790. Still I found in the instructions the following: certificates with effects abroad meaning when a criminal record is to take effect abroad it needs to be legalized. It should be noted at the time of the request, referring to the country of destination of the document.
Certificates with effects abroad

When the criminal record is to take effect abroad you need to be legalized. It should be noted at the time of the request, referring to the country of destination of the document (Universal legalisation or The Hague Apostille).

NOTE: If a certificate does not have to be issued and the interested parties only wish to obtain information on the data concerning them contained in the Central Criminal Records Registry, they are entitled to request access to this data free of charge by providing proof of their identity.

What should I do with these? what does it mean and how do I go about it? Maybe im worrying over nothing, i dont know, anyone please help!!!

thank you