+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Form 5604e

Sherine K

Star Member
Nov 6, 2018
I received a request from IRCC to complete this form as part of my sponsorship for my dependent child. My husband is the sponsor and moved last year to put through the application. I came shortly after with my son and we are now residing in Canada. Do I still need to fill out this form?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I received a request from IRCC to complete this form as part of my sponsorship for my dependent child. My husband is the sponsor and moved last year to put through the application. I came shortly after with my son and we are now residing in Canada. Do I still need to fill out this form?
Technically you probably have a point.

But which do you think is going to take more time and have better chance of rapid success - just submitting the form, or sending a letter/contacting iRCC/getting the right person to look at it and understand the point, have that person being the person who makes the decision to cancel the previous request, have that person also knowing how to cancel the request or, if not, finding the person who knows how to cancel the request in the system (does that require a separate sign-off), etc?

I mean, by all means, try it - but I'd suggest also getting the form ready and whatever's needed to submit this, because it really just be more trouble than it's worth (and you probably should've submitted it in the first place).

[And yes, this form is a pain for couples bringing dependent children and the terminology does't really match the reality, etc. OK. But deal with where you are today as you know what is needed today.]