+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Foriegn work experience- dissolved company

Lauraemilyxo

Aug 31, 2017
Hi there. I am originally from the UK. I have just received my invitation to apply for PR! I'm trying to get my proof together of the 3 years experience in a foreign country (the UK) in the last 10 years but the company that I worked for that would allow for this experience was dissolved in 2016. So there is no website or anything any more from them. This company was a company my father was a director of however. So I can still get a letter to say I've worked there but it would be my father's name and signature. Would this be an issue?. I have found a site called companies house that shows it was an active company until 2016 to help prove it was a legitimate company that no longer exists. I'm just worried that it's going to look suspicious if that makes sense? I've heard applications are easily rejected and given my visa expires in just 5 months, I'm scared to give them any reason to suspect and reject.

Thanks
Laura

shannonxtreme

Aug 25, 2018
Markham, ON
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Markham
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-06-2019
AOR Received.
22-06-2019
Med's Done....
30-07-2019
Passport Req..
12-02-2020
VISA ISSUED...
25-02-2020
LANDED..........
13-03-2020
Hi there. I am originally from the UK. I have just received my invitation to apply for PR! I'm trying to get my proof together of the 3 years experience in a foreign country (the UK) in the last 10 years but the company that I worked for that would allow for this experience was dissolved in 2016. So there is no website or anything any more from them. This company was a company my father was a director of however. So I can still get a letter to say I've worked there but it would be my father's name and signature. Would this be an issue?. I have found a site called companies house that shows it was an active company until 2016 to help prove it was a legitimate company that no longer exists. I'm just worried that it's going to look suspicious if that makes sense? I've heard applications are easily rejected and given my visa expires in just 5 months, I'm scared to give them any reason to suspect and reject.

Thanks
Laura
Companies go under all the time and it isn't your fault. As long as you have proof that you were employed, you're good. Include tax documents, pay information, official communications like job offers, etc.

I disagree with people who say the applications are easily rejected. Canada WANTS you here. If you're illegitimate, illegal, or just plain ill, sure, you might get a rejection. If you're a regular person with the right documents and you're missing like one thing, they'll just ask you to provide it.

You've got this!

Reactions: marceloml

Lauraemilyxo

Aug 31, 2017
Companies go under all the time and it isn't your fault. As long as you have proof that you were employed, you're good. Include tax documents, pay information, official communications like job offers, etc.

I disagree with people who say the applications are easily rejected. Canada WANTS you here. If you're illegitimate, illegal, or just plain ill, sure, you might get a rejection. If you're a regular person with the right documents and you're missing like one thing, they'll just ask you to provide it.

You've got this!

I can get a letter from my dad with all the info they request on it but I dont have any tax documents or anything. This was like 7 years ago at which point I never thought I'd need it never mind need it for moving to a new country!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I can get a letter from my dad with all the info they request on it but I dont have any tax documents or anything. This was like 7 years ago at which point I never thought I'd need it never mind need it for moving to a new country!
Your father should still have all the documentation. You can’t just throw all the records out after dissolving the company. Would encourage you to find more information especially since you were employed by your father.

Lauraemilyxo

Aug 31, 2017
Your father should still have all the documentation. You can’t just throw all the records out after dissolving the company. Would encourage you to find more information especially since you were employed by your father.
What documents should I be asking him for? He might have his documents but I had meaning I dont have mine such as p60s and pay stubs. I never thought to keep anything like that so long ago. I'm not sure hell be happy to give me his financial reports though.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
What documents should I be asking him for? He might have his documents but I had meaning I dont have mine such as p60s and pay stubs. I never thought to keep anything like that so long ago. I'm not sure hell be happy to give me his financial reports though.
Most employers have pay records, tax records,etc. for their employees.