+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Forgot to mention US visa refusual and sent email to CIC

Tom0712

Star Member
Feb 13, 2019
Hi all,

I have a concern need to ask. Many thanks in advance for ur time and comments.

I applied ee with aor Jan 20, 2019. I fotgot to mention that I got rejected us visa in Jan 15. This came from the stupid mistake I was so sure I had checked the statutory questions at Dec 2018 so I kinda skimmed/skipped this section. And I somehow never remembered to change it back to declare this visa refusal-yeah, i am so stupid....

After my application somewhere 65+ days, I realized that I made a Big Big Big mistake and I immediately emailed cic by form, cpc ottawa and call them the next morning.

1. The cic by webform got back to me said that they had verifed the info I provided and have forwarded to office visa. They will contact me when final decision is made or they need additional info.
2. The lady from cic call centre told me it should be fine as things happen and as long as I told them.

My question is:
1. Will they send me the letter of procedure of fairness and state that I am misrepresentating? Even I had told them everything l?
2. If they do, can I use these above confirmation as my explanation? Or should I seek for further legal advice?

Once again thks for reading

Boss_s

Jan 30, 2019
Hi all,

I have a concern need to ask. Many thanks in advance for ur time and comments.

I applied ee with aor Jan 20, 2019. I fotgot to mention that I got rejected us visa in Jan 15. This came from the stupid mistake I was so sure I had checked the statutory questions at Dec 2018 so I kinda skimmed/skipped this section. And I somehow never remembered to change it back to declare this visa refusal-yeah, i am so stupid....

After my application somewhere 65+ days, I realized that I made a Big Big Big mistake and I immediately emailed cic by form, cpc ottawa and call them the next morning.

1. The cic by webform got back to me said that they had verifed the info I provided and have forwarded to office visa. They will contact me when final decision is made or they need additional info.
2. The lady from cic call centre told me it should be fine as things happen and as long as I told them.

My question is:
1. Will they send me the letter of procedure of fairness and state that I am misrepresentating? Even I had told them everything l?
2. If they do, can I use these above confirmation as my explanation? Or should I seek for further legal advice?

Once again thks for reading
Hi there I’m also in same situation that you im also inland applicant and forgot to mention work permit refusal did got any positive news from cic yet ?

Tom0712

Star Member
Feb 13, 2019
Hi there I’m also in same situation that you im also inland applicant and forgot to mention work permit refusal did got any positive news from cic yet ?
I called CIC last week and they told me that as long as I told them, that should be good. So far it has been 5 weeks (maybe) from the day I sent the form. So far no news and i think it is good news. Hope this will ease you

Last edited:

Boss_s

Jan 30, 2019
I called CIC last week and they told me that as long as I told them, that should be good. So far it has been 5 weeks (maybe) from the day I sent the form. So far no news and i think it is good news. Hope this will ease him
Thanks for your quick reply and You will get awesome news really soon. I have one more question if you don’t mind, after how many days you got reply from cic that we forwarded your information to responsible office because i just submitted my web form on last Tuesday

Tom0712

Star Member
Feb 13, 2019
Thanks for your quick reply and You will get awesome news really soon. I have one more question if you don’t mind, after how many days you got reply from cic that we forwarded your information to responsible office because i just submitted my web form on last Tuesday
I got the replied back from them after 3 days I had sent the form. They said "they have verified the info and forwarded to the responsible office. Should they need more info or the final decision is made, they will contact you".

And no worries, it is very frustrating to go thru this, that is why I decided to reply promptly :)

Cheers

Reactions: Boss_s

Boss_s

Jan 30, 2019
I got the replied back from them after 3 days I had sent the form. They said "they have verified the info and forwarded to the responsible office. Should they need more info or the final decision is made, they will contact you".

And no worries, it is very frustrating to go thru this, that is why I decided to reply promptly :)

Cheers
Thanks your replies gave me some positive vibes