+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Forgot to declare a previous visa refusal

Sonikell

Apr 24, 2023
Hi guys, if someone can please give me an idea how to navigate this.

So recently made a submission for Outland sponsorship. In the section that says previous visa refusals I ticked no.
After being on the forums for a while and reading some posts I came to realize that I had genuinely forgot to tick the boxes correctly and that I had been refused a B1/B2 visa to the USA aprox 20 years ago(I can’t even remember the exact year since I don’t even have the appointment information in my inbox). I had been subsequently granted a visa a few years later and have travelled to the USA many times since. I have never been denied a Canadian TRV or any other visas, Schengen etc.

SO my question is, I understand there is a chance this may be considered misrepresentation, which honestly was not my intent. It was about 20 years ago and it just occurred to me that should have been mentioned on my declaration- I was actually renewing my us visa now when I had this epiphany.

AND what would be the simplest way to resolve this as I’m at an early stage of my application, currently just received an AOR1 and I think IRCC is currently working on sponsor approval. I, as the P.A. don’t have a UCI yet. And now that I’ve realized my error I would like to correct or inform IRCC before it is misconstrued as a case of misrepresentation.

-Should I wait till I get my own UCI?(currently I only have the sponsors)
-If I do or do not wait, how should I contact them?

Thank you all so much for your help!
wish everyone the best in their journey to reunite with their loved ones.

Annie503

May 2, 2023

So recently made a submission for Outland sponsorship. In the section that says previous visa refusals I ticked no.
After being on the forums for a while and reading some posts I came to realize that I had genuinely forgot to tick the boxes correctly and that I had been refused a B1/B2 visa to the USA aprox 20 years ago(I can’t even remember the exact year since I don’t even have the appointment information in my inbox). I had been subsequently granted a visa a few years later and have travelled to the USA many times since. I have never been denied a Canadian TRV or any other visas, Schengen etc.

SO my question is, I understand there is a chance this may be considered misrepresentation, which honestly was not my intent. It was about 20 years ago and it just occurred to me that should have been mentioned on my declaration- I was actually renewing my us visa now when I had this epiphany.

AND what would be the simplest way to resolve this as I’m at an early stage of my application, currently just received an AOR1 and I think IRCC is currently working on sponsor approval. I, as the P.A. don’t have a UCI yet. And now that I’ve realized my error I would like to correct or inform IRCC before it is misconstrued as a case of misrepresentation.

Please please , immediately correct this on a web form after receiving your own UCI before IRCC processes your application. This can be misconstrued as a misrepresentation if they send you a procedural fairness letter BEFORE you declare it to ask about this .

Best of luck

Annie

Sonikell

Apr 24, 2023
Please please , immediately correct this on a web form after receiving your own UCI before IRCC processes your application. This can be misconstrued as a misrepresentation if they send you a procedural fairness letter BEFORE you declare it to ask about this .

Best of luck

Annie
Hey Annie. I’ve already sent in a webform with the sponsor UCI and application number explaining the details of My mistake(since I didn’t have mine).I however, didn’t attach attach any updated form yet(I think it’s the IMM 5669). I‘ll wait for further instruction from them for a few days.

do you reckon that will be okay?

Last edited:

ramansinha

Apr 2, 2024
Hey did you issue get resolved? I am in a similar situation where Schengen visa refusal declaration I had not done.

Sonikell

Apr 24, 2023
Send in a webform immediately With all the required details of the incident. They won’t reply or anything but you should get a ‘we got the information you sent us’ status update in the activity logs.

ramansinha

Apr 2, 2024
Send in a webform immediately With all the required details of the incident. They won’t reply or anything but you should get a ‘we got the information you sent us’ status update in the activity logs.
Will i be fine then? Were you safe?

Sonikell

Apr 24, 2023
Yes, it was fine. And yours should be too. Explain the situation, mention an apology for your mistake in a web form and possibly an LOR(attach it if you feel so).

important to do it asap Before they discover it And it looks like misrepresentation.

Reactions: armoured