+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Forgot middle name on ITA, is it an issue?

JimLarkin

Star Member
Apr 19, 2017
Not mine obviously, but my spouse's...

It asked for First name(s) and Last name(s) so I put their first name and last name (first to me means first...) but on their passport there is a middle name (although not on several other documents).

I have received an ITA and as part of the next stage it does not let you change the names entered, although it does allow you to specify other names including a 'birth name'. Can I just put it there or do I need to start over?

I would show screenshots but the CIC website is down as usual :rolleyes:

pessacanada

Champion Member
May 5, 2017
Category........
FSW
I guess you were supposed to write full name with middle name at the beginning. Now you have an ITA and it may cause some problems but it depends on the discretion of immigration officer.

JimLarkin

Star Member
Apr 19, 2017
Have you tried the "Modify Family Information" button?
Where is this button? Note that I have already submitted my profile and received an ITA, I am at the next stage where you fill out the rest of the info + upload documents.

The irony of this is on the 6 previous (or "6 first" as CIC must call them...) profiles I submitted I entered the middle name, but the website screwed up and I had to re-apply..

uppperkut

Jan 28, 2017
Somewhere in ON
Where is this button? Note that I have already submitted my profile and received an ITA, I am at the next stage where you fill out the rest of the info + upload documents.

The irony of this is on the 6 previous (or "6 first" as CIC must call them...) profiles I submitted I entered the middle name, but the website screwed up and I had to re-apply..
Try this.. It lets you edit some greyed out fields.. I remember the name was one of them.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1003&top=29

Reactions: Agie971

uppperkut

Jan 28, 2017
Somewhere in ON
My man :D

Wonder why they bother greying them out if you can still edit them!

Thanks a mil
No idea but I would think that it's related to how accounts and handled in the backend.

Do mention why you're changing the name in your letter of explanation to avoid any raised questions. Good luck!