+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Foreign work experience-EE

LEASON23

Oct 17, 2023
Hello guys,

I have one year of foreign work experience, I want to claim this experience points in EE-CEC. But I'm stuck with not being able to submit more proof of employment.

1. The documents I can submit are a one-year contract and an employment letter, no paystubs (paid in cash) and bank statements (bank account cancelled).

2. My previous study permit application form's work experience section was filled in from July 2018 to May 2019 (study permit application submission date), but my actual working dates continued after that to August 2019. So I'm worried that IRCC will consider that I submitted a fake employer letter.

Based on this situation, should I give up declaring this one year foreign work experience? Any ideas

Thank you!

Chasechs

Sep 11, 2019
1) You need to prove that you were actually paid. Plus why were you paid in cash?
2) The dates are fine, you reported working up to the present time and that time was when you were submitting the application. All though it would have made better sense to project the employment date to your expected landing in Canada to start studying. But still not an issue.

They won't consider the information provided as fake for your previous applications. However, you will need proof of payment to claim points for EE. If you can not prove it, I suggest not using it. Save yourself the trouble an headache. But maybe someone on the forum has a better suggestion.