+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Foreign work experience (EE)

RM79

Jun 22, 2022
Hi all,
I have been in Canada for about 9 years and 2 months now. So, the CIC calculates the score of my foreign work experience as zero. I have put my full-time job of 40 hours per week, and it is not still considered as 1 year. I was wondering if I add a part-time job during the last 10 months would it be added to my full-time to give me a whole 1-year foreign job experience?

Please help

Also, I finished my first year of a Canadian full-time job and started my second year a month ago, while I have been working part-time during the last year too. Can this part-time job help me in any way?

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hi all,
I have been in Canada for about 9 years and 2 months now. So, the CIC calculates the score of my foreign work experience as zero. I have put my full-time job of 40 hours per week, and it is not still considered as 1 year. I was wondering if I add a part-time job during the last 10 months would it be added to my full-time to give me a whole 1-year foreign job experience?

Please help

Also, I finished my first year of a Canadian full-time job and started my second year a month ago, while I have been working part-time during the last year too. Can this part-time job help me in any way?
Maximum hours that you can calculate per week is 30 so adding part time job won't help you. You can't claim two jobs for the same time period.

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=664&top=29