+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Foreign work experience calculation. Help!

picklee

Feb 19, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Reading this post got myself doubt...

I have applied under two NOCs and below is the breakup,
2173- July 2011-mar2014 (2 yr 10 mon)
2172(primary NOC) - mar2014-dec2016(2 yr 10 mon)
2172 - jan2017 till aor in may (5 months)

I have claimed for 3+ yrs of foreign work experience. All work ex have been full time 45 hours 5 days in a week. Am I eligible to have fulfilled the criteria to claim points for 3+ yrs????? Thanks
Yes. The 12 months continuous work applies only to MEC. You could work every 6 months for the last ten years, as long as you had at least 12 months of continuous work experience.

dexternmn

Feb 27, 2017
Yes. The 12 months continuous work applies only to MEC. You could work every 6 months for the last ten years, as long as you had at least 12 months of continuous work experience.
Thanks a lot for your response. The point I had doubt was regarding was the last eligibility point I.e.
  • full-time at more than 1 job:30 hours/week for 12 months at more than 1 job = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)
Under 2172, I have experience divided among two jobs. 2 years are fine. But for remaining 12 months to claim points for I have two jobs. So reading above point made me think whether or not these different jobs experience will make me eligible to claim for 3+ years under same NOC as per rules....

picklee

Feb 19, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks a lot for your response. The point I had doubt was regarding was the last eligibility point I.e.
  • full-time at more than 1 job:30 hours/week for 12 months at more than 1 job = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)
Under 2172, I have experience divided among two jobs. 2 years are fine. But for remaining 12 months to claim points for I have two jobs. So reading above point made me think whether or not these different jobs experience will make me eligible to claim for 3+ years under same NOC as per rules....
You are confusing two requirements.

The first is the minimum eligibility criteria (MEC), which says to be eligible to immigrate to Canada under the economic classes, you must have worked at least 12 months continuous full time (or part time equivalent) work experience.

The second requirement is how full time is defined. As long as you meet MEC, any additional work experience can be counted. Each year of work experience beyond MEC need not be continuous or full time.

DC.CA

Apr 11, 2016
Thank you DelPiero07 for the quick response.
If the IRCC had the powers to make stock decisions then I think I will start working on my letter of explanation for the same.
Cheers
Hi VickyL,

IRCC as a body may consider exceptions. But who knows, case officer assigned to your application is considerate or not!

I understand that you are trying to be honest, which is a good thing in most cases.
But here, In my opinion, by being honest, in your particular scenario, you are increasing chances of your file not getting approval.

R75 of Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations ( http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/section-75.html ) states clearly that one must have CONTINUOUS experience. All the explanations on CIC website and anywhere else are mostly interpretation and translations of these regulations.

Not complying with it and hoping for IRCC consideration is something I would strongly suggest you to NOT try, when you can try another way of getting through.

By that, I mean, you must try to get experience letter from your employer cumulatively for the entire period you were working for them onboard their ships, rather than talking about your individual onboard trips.

I wish you all the best.

(Hit 'like', if you find it useful... Your likes count)

gorukh

May 30, 2017
You need a year of full time continuous work experience in order to be eligible under the FSW program.

You do not meet that requirement.
hi

my work experience falls under same noc( 2273),which is not continuous but i have old work experience with other noc which is 2 year continuous.it is more than 5 year old
can i choose that noc as primary one although, i am currently not working in it?

Gill6891

Dec 19, 2017
Hi. DC.CA Can you please let me know the merchant navy guy who has got Canadian PR? Any contact details so that I can also align my paperwork consulting him. Thanks in advance.

DC.CA

Apr 11, 2016
Hi. DC.CA Can you please let me know the merchant navy guy who has got Canadian PR? Any contact details so that I can also align my paperwork consulting him. Thanks in advance.
I have replied to your PM today.

seth007

Apr 23, 2018
Your work experience must be:

• in the same type of job as your primary NOC
  • within the last 10 years
  • paid work (volunteer work, unpaid internships don’t count)
  • at skill type 0, or skill levels A or B of the 2011 National Occupational Classification (NOC)
  • at least 1 year (1,560 hours total / 30 hours per week), continous
    • full-time at 1 job: 30 hours/week for 12 months = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)
    • equal amount in part-time: 15 hours/week for 24 months = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)
    • full-time at more than 1 job: 30 hours/week for 12 months at more than 1 job = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)

Link:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-who.asp
Hi

I have full time employment from January 2017 - November 2017 in Company A. Then moved to a full-time employment at Company B. (November 2017 - current). I just had the weekend off (Saturday and Sunday) when I changed my employment.

Based on this: full-time at more than 1 job: 30 hours/week for 12 months at more than 1 job = 1-year full time (1,560 hours).

Would I be eligible for Express Entry?

I am hopeful of getting an ITA in tomorrows draw. Please let me know.

Thanks

Aashy09

Oct 13, 2016
Category........
PNP
Nomination.....
29/06/2017
AOR Received.
25/07/2017
Hi

I have full time employment from January 2017 - November 2017 in Company A. Then moved to a full-time employment at Company B. (November 2017 - current). I just had the weekend off (Saturday and Sunday) when I changed my employment.

Based on this: full-time at more than 1 job: 30 hours/week for 12 months at more than 1 job = 1-year full time (1,560 hours).

Thanks
Same NOC?

pseetha

Jan 1, 2018
Hi

Thanks
I think you should be eligible since you have continous employment in the last 12 months

Reactions: seth007

Surbhizalpuri

Jun 19, 2018
Hi
I am Surbhi and i have 2 year 10 months of experience in the same job working 45 hours per week. Considering the work is 45 hours, can that be counted as 3 years work exp?

If not, can i work on open work permit in Canada for 2 more months and add it to the foreign work exp and consider it under 3 or

Squidward

Aug 1, 2018
I have 2.5 years of work in NOC 4031 (secondary school teacher) and 7 months of experience in NOC 4012 (post-secondary teaching and research assistant). Can I combine the two to claim 3+ years of work experience?

DC.CA

Apr 11, 2016
I have 2.5 years of work in NOC 4031 (secondary school teacher) and 7 months of experience in NOC 4012 (post-secondary teaching and research assistant). Can I combine the two to claim 3+ years of work experience?
For sure, there is no problem.
You can club two or more work experiences of two or more different NOCs.
The only requirement is to have 1-year of continuous work experience, which you have.

Go ahead with full confidence, nothing to worry about above concern of yours.