+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

foreign nurse choosing a province

marc de leon

Jul 2, 2011
I'm lodging my application under federal skilled worker next week. I' m having a dilemma about which province to immigrate to. I have 3 years and 4 months exp as a pedia staff nurse and 1 year exp as clinic nurse. which province/ provinces have the better employment prospects? and would i be eligible to take the crne or would they have me take a bridging program first? please help me,thanks

denny11

Jul 3, 2011
hi,
I feel it is better if you apply for College of Nurses of Ontario(CNO) as it relatively outweighs many advantages.
All the best. :) :) :) :)

Kanamen

Champion Member
Oct 20, 2010
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
marc de leon said:
I'm lodging my application under federal skilled worker next week. I' m having a dilemma about which province to immigrate to. I have 3 years and 4 months exp as a pedia staff nurse and 1 year exp as clinic nurse. which province/ provinces have the better employment prospects? and would i be eligible to take the crne or would they have me take a bridging program first? please help me,thanks
Please PM to Pippen, she will help you in this regard very well

MARCHIE

Jan 8, 2011
Vancouver ....Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC LONDON UK-----Transferred to PVO 7Feb 2013
NOC Code......
3152 ( Registered Nurse )
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26 May 2010
Doc's Request.
18 October 2010
Nomination.....
CHC London 15 Jan 2011...
AOR Received.
1st AOR 18 Oct 2010 / 2nd AOR 16 June 2011..
IELTS Request
All Done..
File Transfer...
PARIS OFFICE
Med's Request
13 March 2013
Med's Done....
10 April 2013
Interview........
Medicals Results Received 15 Aug 2013...
Passport Req..
29 Sep 2013 Submitted @ Abu Dhabi U.A.E
VISA ISSUED...
01 Oct 2013
LANDED..........
Celebrated White Christmas in Vancouver..2013.
Cam anyone guide why Ontario for nurse me too a nurse want to knw more ur reply willbe helpful thx

reydon123

Star Member
Nov 5, 2008
no one knows here if you will be required by the College of Nurses of whatever province you plan to go to if you will undergo bridging program not until you submit an application to the College and have your credentials evaluated, only the College of Nursing can decide on that...

CarribRN

Star Member
Jul 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Regardless of your work experience the Colleges in Canada will initially assess your eligibility to take the exam based on your educational background. Sad to say, this is where the Filipinos often falter as we lack two years in our system. If you have a masters degree there is a good chance you will be made eligible outright, but if you have none, you will have to do some sort of a bridging program or submit additional documents proving further education. In the case of CNO, they normally ask the applicants coming from the Phil. to submit a BET (Baccalaureate Equivalency Table) to assess whether their current experience and knowledge as a nurse is enough for them to be allowed to sit for the CRNE.

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
Kanamen said:
Please PM to Pippen, she will help you in this regard very well
LOL!!!!! I just "happened" to read this thread and had to laugh. Gee, thanks, Kanamen! I honestly can't say which is the best Province for nursing, but BC is a lovely Province to live and nurses' salaries are very good. Don't delay sending your application for a single day, even if you can't make up your mind which Province to put. It doesn't matter, you can put down any one, except QUEBEC unless you are specifically applying for Que. You can change your landing place at any point.....so just lick it and stick it....in the Courier's hands! All the best.