Jan 5, 2009
punjab
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC, New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Members
My father in law is a canadian citizen and he is been diagnosed with cancer. Me and my wife wanted to visit him. All the members of my in laws family are canadian citizen (my MIL, two brothers in law and two sisters in law). We are from india and never visited any country. I am a chemical engineer and working with Government sector while my wife is physiotherapist and is doing practice at a private hospital. We have 2 kids also. So please tell me what type of documents i need from my side and from my in laws side to get visa. Also whether we also applied visa for our kids.
Thanking you in advance.

Canucklehead

May 29, 2014
Hello
Sorry to hear about your father in law. I too want to go back to Canada because my father has cancer. But my wife is from Brazil and the Canadian Government wants a lot of info.

My advice is to provide everything you can. You'll need a scanner and you need to know how to use a computer. The Canadian government wants a translation of all documents that are not in English and they want to know if you can support yourself. How long are you going? Make sure you have enough funds and please show proof you can stay that long on your own budget. Do you have someone in Canada waiting for you? Tell them to write a letter that they will look after you. They need to also submit their own Canadian passport. It's not easy. Make sure to dot all the "i"'s and cross all the "t"'s. Hope you can get there! Best wishes for your father in law.

99Pancho

May 25, 2014
The Canadian government is very Anti-Family. Good luck but you will never get a visa from them.