+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

For valid Permit Holders living in Canada - Online TRV Application Timeline

TOAidy

Star Member
Feb 27, 2013
Toronto, ON
Hi guys,

I just joined and wanted to help out a little. For those living in Canada with valid Study/ Work Permit and who submitted their TRV application online, wondering when you'll get your passport back, here's my timeline:

Jan 28th - Submitted application online (Work permit holder - I submitted the completed IMM5257 form (no need to sign), copy of passport, digital photo, copy of Work Permit. For the "Letter of explanation", I submitted a letter from my employer, stating my position, length of employment and salary).

Feb 17th - Got an email, requesting passport.

Feb 19th - Xpresspost confirmed that it's been delivered.

Feb 27th - Xpresspost indicated that passport return envelope has been dropped off. I expect to receive it within 2 days max.

A few things:

• Once you have signed the application electronically, paid and transmitted your application, click on the "View Check List". Look at the "Required by" date in the box of documents required: it's probably the date that they will make a decision (and the date that you should check your email. Mine was Feb 17th, which was a Sunday, and that's also the exact day I heard back from CIC, requesting for my passport).
  • Once they have received your passport, give it 7 business days from that date to check the tracking number of the return Xpresspost enveloped you enclosed.

Hope that helps, guys!

Liuxiaoshuo

Apr 3, 2013
MUSHROOMROOM said:
HI Can you please share how long did it take for you to get your passport back? Thank you!
hi my
Application sent online: Feb 15
Received: march 15
passport arrived in ottawa on Mar 20th with return envelope

15days....still waiting ..

sarvinbahar

Jun 19, 2013
hi , thank you for sharing this, just a question, can you go and pick u the passport in person just to make it quicker?