+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

For those who require medical surveillance within 30 days of landing in Canada

jashan3510

Jul 12, 2021
Yes you will be getting PR cards regardless of when you complete the surveillance. When you arrive here, contact your local Health authority and tell them you are reporting them but won’t start the surveillance process as you will be travelling out of country again. They will note in your file. Then call them again before a day or two of your flight and inform same (they asked me to do so). When you come back in future; repeat the process and they will already have a note in their system from your first entry.

Edit: Reporting is must when you enter.
Hello,

I just wanted to share my experience regarding medical surveillance. I landed on 17 Aug from the US. Next day, I started calling peel public health but no one answered my call. I left 3 voicemails but I haven't heard back yet. I went to peel health to check what’s happening and the receptionist mentioned that nobody is available in the TB department right now due to COVID and the only way to contact them is to leave a voicemail and a nurse is going to reach out to me. She mentioned that the estimated wait time is 5 days. Also, she suggested faxing my medical surveillance form to the TB department and download the 'client' and 'dear doctor' forms from their website.

I kept trying calling again and again from morning to evening to get in touch with a nurse because I planned for a week trip only. I just wanted to finish the reporting part and planned to do other tests when I would permanently settle. After 3 days of constant calling, a nurse picked my phone. I explained my situation. I told her that I have faxed my medical surveillance form and downloaded other forms and requested her to help me with the process. She told me that I cannot download those forms from the website. Further, she mentioned that the TB department is going to send me a package (including the 'client' and 'dear doctor' forms) and then only I could proceed with the testing (x-ray and other). I told her that I just wanted to report and don't want to start the surveillance yet. To that, she recommended informing IRCC that I'll be leaving the country soon and don't want to start the surveillance right away. I sent an email to IRCC explaining everything. But I am not sure if that’s how the medical surveillance reporting is done. I feel that public health facilities don’t have well-laid protocols and maybe that’s why they don't give clear answers. Perhaps the situation is bad due to COVID as well.

Clearly, what I experienced is completely different from what others have mentioned on this forum (and that too for the same public health center).
Did anyone experience something similar to this? Please help me with this situation as I've to leave Canada soon.

Thanks

thirdpage

Oct 17, 2019
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
02-10-2019
Passport Req..
27-11-2020
VISA ISSUED...
10-12-2020
Hello,

I just wanted to share my experience regarding medical surveillance. I landed on 17 Aug from the US. Next day, I started calling peel public health but no one answered my call. I left 3 voicemails but I haven't heard back yet. I went to peel health to check what’s happening and the receptionist mentioned that nobody is available in the TB department right now due to COVID and the only way to contact them is to leave a voicemail and a nurse is going to reach out to me. She mentioned that the estimated wait time is 5 days. Also, she suggested faxing my medical surveillance form to the TB department and download the 'client' and 'dear doctor' forms from their website.

I kept trying calling again and again from morning to evening to get in touch with a nurse because I planned for a week trip only. I just wanted to finish the reporting part and planned to do other tests when I would permanently settle. After 3 days of constant calling, a nurse picked my phone. I explained my situation. I told her that I have faxed my medical surveillance form and downloaded other forms and requested her to help me with the process. She told me that I cannot download those forms from the website. Further, she mentioned that the TB department is going to send me a package (including the 'client' and 'dear doctor' forms) and then only I could proceed with the testing (x-ray and other). I told her that I just wanted to report and don't want to start the surveillance yet. To that, she recommended informing IRCC that I'll be leaving the country soon and don't want to start the surveillance right away. I sent an email to IRCC explaining everything. But I am not sure if that’s how the medical surveillance reporting is done. I feel that public health facilities don’t have well-laid protocols and maybe that’s why they don't give clear answers. Perhaps the situation is bad due to COVID as well.

Clearly, what I experienced is completely different from what others have mentioned on this forum (and that too for the same public health center).
Did anyone experience something similar to this? Please help me with this situation as I've to leave Canada soon.

Thanks
Thanks for sharing this. I am also in the same situation, I have been trying to call them but have never been successful. I saw an instruction don't heir website which I think was a clear guide, but this information from the TB nurse is contradictory. The 'client' and 'dear doctor' forms are on their website and it was clearly stated that one should print those and fax the IMM535 form. I was hoping I could go for the testing even without their response, but it appears that could just be a waste of time. I will just send an email to IRCC and also find a way to have documentation that I reported to the public health.

gopalk

Jun 18, 2021
Hi @rehanacca does the PR card has this medical stuff mentioned on it? We cleared the medical surveillance even before PR approval (inland applicant). We received confirmation rfom IRCC as well as Public health that we complied fully to this requirement (in 2020). But we still received e-COPR with medical surveillance condition present on it this July. I am assuming that is because of software issue. Hence the question. Will this condition be printed on the PR card?
Hey Phani after the nurse confirmed you that you are in compliance with surveillance, how long does it take for IRCC to send you confirmation?
Nurse confirmed me all ok and negative around 14 days back, but still I didn't get any email from IRCC.

pawal3

Jul 9, 2019
Hello,

Thanks
What did you end up doing in this situation?

Ankson

Star Member
Nov 30, 2019
Hello,

Thanks
Hi Jashan, could you guide here...we are in the same situation and currently residing in US. How did it go ?

vkb2207

Dec 16, 2022
Hello All,

We received surveillance form along with Supervisa for my father. Problem is the landing address in the form is incorrectly mentioned our address in India not in Canada. Can you please suggest that whether we need to carry that form with us when we will leave india or office would have it handy?

Is there a way that the form can get corrected?

Thank you!