+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

For those submit application in Dec 2012 / Jan 2013

ecoyo

Jan 7, 2013
Hi, I would like to know for those who have submitted their application in Dec 2012 / Jan 2013, when will CIC start processing the application? when would I expect the application return if it is incomplete? Thanks.

qameralam

Jan 23, 2013
Hi, I submitted my application on 11/03/2012 and checked status online with pr card# and status shows

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on November 7, 2012.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on November 7, 2012. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on January 16, 2013.

qameralam

Jan 23, 2013
I checked in dec and then i checked on jan 16. As per CIC they update case status on either tuesday or thursday of the week

ecoyo

Jan 7, 2013
Hi, I heard that some people already took the oath with application back from Nov 2012? Anyone got good news? Please share your timeline. Thanks.

basharar

Nov 5, 2006
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello guys, in process does not mean much these days. I think they changed the way it works your file goes in process once they enter it in ecas, not when they actually start working on it, so 3 month for entry, 6-8 month for processing, not sure how long for transfer to local office....

qameralam

Jan 23, 2013
Hi, I took oath August 23,2013 below is my timeline

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on November 7, 2012.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on November 7, 2012. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Recieved notice for test on aug 15th and took oath on aug 23rd.

If you guys need any help please let me know.

Good Luck to everyone

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
qameralam said:

Good Luck to everyone
Congrats...one of the most impressive timelines on this or any other forum I've come across. A couple of queries if I may:

1. What is your local office?

2. What was your test experience like? In particular did you have all the required documents with you primarily passports covering the 4 year residence period.

3. How many physical days did you declare and did these include any non PR time e.g. work permit?

4. Did you consent to CIC getting travel records from CBSA (November 1 forms had this option).

5. What did you submit as proof of Language?

6. Are you from a visa exempt country (read region of the world e.g. EU/ME/Oz)?

7. Were you employed full time?

8. What category did you get PR under - FSW/PNP/Family Class etc?

9. Did you travel during your 4 years in particular to the US?

10. Do you hold any US status/visas e.g. GC/H1 or any other work/residence status in the Middle East?

These are typically the questions you will get - some are based on a conspiracy theory that CIC favors visa exempt nationals from receiving RQs

qameralam

Jan 23, 2013
1 - Mississauga was my local office
2 - Test i did great i would recommend to read study guide alteast 2 times and yes i had all required documents such as all passports for last 4 yes,landing paper,id
3 - i had 1095 days to be exact and no i dont have any non-residence days incuded
4 - yes i did consent CIC to collect data from CBSA
5- My degree as proof for English Profeciency
6- I am not from Visa Exempt country
7 - Yes i am employed full time within last 3 yrs
8 - Family
9 - Yes i did travel for a month to see my family back home and also travel USA as well but returned same day
10 - I only have USA visit visa on my passport

Hope these answers help.

CanadianSam

Star Member
Feb 14, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
qameralam said:

Good Luck to everyone
Congratulations.
No doubt, Very impressive time line.

RussCan

Star Member
Aug 16, 2013
qameralam said:

Good Luck to everyone
Gameralam,

Thanks for your feedback. Your timeline seems encredibly fast - 10 months. I am trying to figure whether is a pure luck or there might be some factors in the applicant case that triggers a faster processing. Such factors may include owning a house, working for a well recognized and highly paid company, etc. can your please share your details so that some sort of trend can be established. Thanks.